MasterOfTheUniverse
qaspur

Dogs Are Better Than Cats

Started: 10/21/2013 Category: Funny

MasterOfTheUniverse

Pro

Dogs are batter companions than cats.

Dogs are social pack animals that evolved because direct human contact with wolves.

Dogs read human body language and emotion better and more than any other animal.

Dogs helped us domesticate other livestock animals which helped spawned modernity.

Dogs serve a more practical functional purpose for human needs: protector guard animal, hearding other animals, emergency search dog, service dog, etc.

There is a reason why dogs are Man's best friend.
qaspur

Con

"Dogs are batter companions than cats."

You debate that dogs are better companions than cats, but you fail to say to who/what they are better companions to.
I'll just assume you mean companions to homo-sapiens, but then how do we judge a species over another one in this category?
Let's take a look at the official definition of 'Companion': noun
a person or animal with whom one spends a lot of time or with whom one travels.
So it isn't up to the animal but to the human, which is the better.
Posted by qaspur 3 years ago
qaspur
Masteroftheuniverse* wins your conduct*
Posted by qaspur 3 years ago
qaspur
I'd like to know why philosurfer wins your conduct vote philosurfer.
Posted by CRAZ4SWAN 3 years ago
CRAZ4SWAN
at least cats cover their sh!t from u dogs aiming their asses towards u and pooping right front your face! and when they began licking u... TFOOO
Posted by neptune1bond 3 years ago
neptune1bond
I have to agree with con, it is really up to the individual. Some people can't stand dogs and would be unhappy with a dog, some people feel the same way with cats. I personally love cats and my wife loves dogs, we have had both and, although I love our dogs very much, I personally connected better with our cats. I try to be fair and not show favoritism (because they can definitely get jealous and feel upset), but one cat in particular was really like my own child. I had him the longest and nothing could ever replace him in my heart.

The idea that cats are cold and distant and do not form connections is a complete lie and I never experienced this in all the years that I've had cats. Then again, I just kinda "get" cats and know how to treat them and maybe that's why they end up connecting with me. My cats showed behavior that some people think only dogs exhibit. They were always on my lap and they followed me around the house. They always wanted my attention and would greet me at the door when I got home. They came when called (EVERY time) and would constantly rub their heads on me to show me love or give my arms and face "kisses" (like how a dog gives kisses except some that would just press their nose), especially if I was sad or upset, then they would look at me and meow (I had one cat that would even put his paw against my face and "massage" it with his little fingers, he would only do this when I was sad). One cat I had would even sit on my lap and press his face against my stomach and wrap his paws around me to give me "hugs" (I think he learned it from watching my wife and me, because he didn't do it before then). He'd just get into that position and held it until I hugged him back and wouldn't pull away until I stopped hugging him (I've never seen another cat do this). I even trained them all to go to the bathroom in the toilet, so litter boxes were never an issue. I just know how to work with them. I really feel like I understand them.
Posted by qaspur 3 years ago
qaspur
I would also like to say that I can provide a source to the oxford dictionary definition of 'Companion' as the character limit would not allow it.

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com...
Posted by qaspur 3 years ago
qaspur
500 character count limit or I would have had more to say on the matter, thank you.
Vote Placed by philosurfer 3 years ago
philosurfer
MasterOfTheUniverseqaspurTied
Reasons for voting decision: I suppose it is preference, however, Pro had ideas that were mechanically workable into proper reasons aside from opinion. Con merely wanted to dispute definitions and didn't leave room for something more convincing. One letter typos are not worth mentioning considering. According to Con's definition of 'companion' I would say a dog is still more often appropriate and fitting the description given Pro's points.
Vote Placed by mikicat10 3 years ago
mikicat10
MasterOfTheUniverseqaspurTied
Reasons for voting decision: I believe, and always will believe, that cats are preferable to dogs, but I am open to any concept that dogs are better. However, I do feel that Con rebutted Pro's points and made them look unbelievable and Pro also made a spelling mistake, with batter instead of better. Sources was tied as none were shown