DogsAreObedient0_0
colester112

Dogs Are Mans Best Friend, Not Cats!

DogsAreObedient0_0 has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

DogsAreObedient0_0

Pro

Note: I have lowered the arguments to 1,000characters per argument, just to make it faster and more compact.

Whoever accepts this argument, thank you for accepting the challenge, and we will have a fair and detailed. Just a couple of simple rules, no insults towards a animal like "Dogs are fat and ugly, they are idiots" and vice versa. No copy and pasting off websites. (plagiarism)
And that's basically it, have fun!

To make a opening statement, I love both pets, and I think cats are great pets, but dogs just characteristic side of them, which makes them unique. Dogs have a lot of tolerance, like with my dog, if I suddenly pat him or cuddle him, he'd stay there snoring. But on the other hand, my cat would scratch me in the eye. I haven't always had the most passionate cat, he was always grumpy, low tolerance, would come home just for food, and wouldn't be happy. My dog has shown extreme tolerance, extraordinary love and obedience, and has shown me that dogs are really, mans bestfriend
colester112

Con

I would like to begin by saying that cats are usually quiet animals while dogs are extremely loud. If you have people over a dog will be jumping up on them and be very annoying when a cat will just watch from a distance. Also cats are much easier to care for. Since dogs shed like crazy and you actually have to bathe them. With cats they rarely shed and they clean themselves. Making your life much easier to deal with because you don't have to deal with your pet when they become dirty. Also cats are funnier then dogs! While yes you can find 1 or 2 dog memes on the internet their are millions of cat memes. Cats are just more fun to watch then dogs and its proven by the actual internet. Cats are actual natural insect killers. If their is a bug in your house that you don't like most likely a cat will kill it brutally and spare you the job. It's for these reasons that I urge a con ballot in today's topic.
DogsAreObedient0_0

Pro

First of all, sorry for the late response, and good luck. The reason dogs are loud, and get excited is because they love human interaction, they just love their owners, and are willing to love you in conditionally. I can agree that dogs usually create more messes while shedding, eating etc. But cats have all their hunting instincts still in their blood, they kill birds and usually fight other cats. This causing them in danger of getting dangered, meaning more vet bills. When ever I look on funny cat videos, it all usually includes their owners shoving them in bathes, or pissing them off, a lot of those videos showing cat aggression. Cats can also be very dangerous to children, there's been way many cases of cat attacks then dog attacks, on people, owners and baby's. I'm curious why you said "brutally kill" how is that help in this argument? Your statement just basically confirmed you think cats are aggressive, so dogs win in aggressiveness. I would like you to vote for dogs, they're :)
colester112

Con

Even though dogs do love people they are still loud you can't make an excuse over that. Also you stated that cats could get injured more easily, but that is just not true at all. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimates that every year, more than 86,000 fall injuries are caused by pets. Dogs are the biggest culprits, causing 88 percent of the injuries. Cats cause 11.7 percent of the falls, according to the Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report. This piece of evidence shows that dogs get injured way more easily than cats. My opponent may try to say that only falling is mentioned in this evidence, but falling is the most common way an animal gets injured. Also you stated that the videos show cat aggression, but that argument is invalid because both dogs and cats can be aggressive it just depends on the owner. 2015 dog bite fatality statistics
34 U.S. dog bite-related fatalities occurred in 2015. Despite being regulated in Military Housing areas and over 700 U.S. cities