sweetazgrey
Alycat

Dogs are better than cats.

sweetazgrey

Pro

Dogs in my opinion are better because they are always by your side no matter what, they are less judgmental, they are playful, kind, lovable, obedient, and cleaner unlike cats. Yes, they clean themselves, but other than that they are selfish and mean.
Alycat

Con

Thank you. I am inclined to disagree. Cat are not selfish, mean, less judgemental or any of the other things you said about cats. Dogs are trained to do certain things. A cat can be everything a dog is and more but a dog cannot be everything a cat is and more. My first main points will be the cost of keeping a dog and the hassle of looking after it . My second point will be why cats are better and their quality's. My final point will be how dangerous dogs are. May the best man (or lady) win :D. Firstly, you are obviously someone who hasn`t kept a cat at all in your life. Are you naming cats judgemental, not playful, unkind, unlovable, disobedient, unclean, selfish and mean? That is completely false. I can give a million examples of cats being playful, kind,lovable and lovely creatures. Cats are loving creatures that know how your feeling and there is nothing better to do than cuddle up with a purring cat after a hard day at school or work.

Now onto my first point. You spend $1,500-3,000 USD per year on a dog. It varies depending on what kind of dog. On average it costs 500 USD a year to keep a cat. A dog can live up to 18 years and that's $27,000- $54,000 spent on your dog in a lifetime. What could you be pending that money on? Food? Clothes? Rent? Mortgage?

Onto my other main point. Do you know how many times a day you need to walk your dog? Do cats need walking? Do cats need to go outside SUPERVISED? Dogs need to be walked 2 times a day. Who wants to do that? Would you rather sit and watch tv or cook or even go out somewhere or walk your dog. I think you would pick the first option. Most people are too lazy to walk, feed and take their dog outside . Dogs are a hassle to have. They howl in the middle of the night and feel the need to let their waste out onto your lovely carpet. They also smell and leave this distinct odour around your house. They shed fur which sticks to your carpet and furniture. They are obnoxious when your trying to relax and like a small child. Therefore cats are better than dogs.
sweetazgrey

Pro

OK, I get where you're coming from, but your wrong I have own a cat before, 15 to be exact (my bro loves cats) and they were just that: careless, selfish, annoying, lazy and mean. My dogs were/are twice as useful as those cats....they would even kill roaches, birds, and mice (still do) unlike the cats. Yes, you invest money on dogs just as much as you do in cats, but you do it because you love them, are loyal and they are like a family member. Plus, you should know that when it comes to a pet it doesn't matter how much u spend on it, but how much you care for it. I don't mind walking the dog or anything like that because in return I get the loyal protection my dogs give me at night to sleep soundly knowing that they will protect the house and my family. If you here a cat at night is because they are fighting since they a very territorial or they are forcefully mating hence the screeching, annoying, baby-like cry. Also your labeling people as lazy here and well that's not right. If they get cats they are just as lazy as cats because they don't do anything, no offense, just going along with your statement.

Also your saying that dog's fur sheds and leaves hair everywhere, well cats are just the same, but dogs hair is less hazardous to our health because the cat's hair sticks in the air causing more trouble breathing while dogs just stick to furniture and can be cleaned up easily. Yes, they stink, but not if you keep them clean. Another thing you're saying they are not selfish, but when have you seen a cat risk their lives for a person or another animal?? hardly ever right?? Well dogs have been reported to have saved a person's life or any animal in fact that they are attached to. To prove my point that they are protective I'm going to state that dogs are trained animals of any police department and have been in war helping man and received medals for it. Where have you heard that cats are used for protection?? I sure haven't.
Alycat

Con

Let me address where you say they are careless, selfish, annoying, lazy and mean. Cats are none of those things. They are hardly careless and being selfish, annoying, lazy and mean? In what way? Dogs fit that definition more than cats. Cats kill roaches, birds and mice. You said "unlike" are you saying they don`t do any of those things because cats are notorious for killing mice. Dogs? Well they are more known to kill your slippers and shoes. Then you said when it comes to a pet it doesn't matter how much you spend on them. So you're willing to spend a million dollars on dog? Give up money that could be spent on feeding your kids, welfare, rent, electricity on a dog!? That "loyal protection" thing. Instead of getting a dog what about getting a tall fence or a burglar alarm? It will make you feel as secure and cost less than $54,000. You never hear cats at night. Its always dogs keeping on barking waking up the whole neighbourhood and its a domino effect once one barks the whole lot start barking.

Dogs and cats have pretty much the same fur but no, dogs fur sheds more and sticks more. I know by experience as I have a dog and a cat. After going away from the dog I have a whole lot of fur stuck to my clothing but after I come out of patting a cat I have little to no fur on me. You don`t have trouble breathing because there is cat fur in the air. This is very false and I have no idea where you came up with that idea. I would have you to know there are alot of stories where cats have saved lives so they are as good as dogs. Check out this link which has a classic story of a cat that saved its owners life. http://pussingtonpost.com...

Dogs are used to aid policemen because they have a keen sense of smell and they are big and buff. There is no other reason. Its not because they are better its because they can sniff things out. Now onto my second point.
Cats are smart, funny, cute and polite. Dogs are big, obnoxious, loud, hyperactive and smelly, Which one would you prefer? Cats can go outside to do their business dogs,well, just can`t. Cats have the best personality's, manners and smell. Therefore the moot shall fall.
sweetazgrey

Pro

sweetazgrey forfeited this round.
Alycat

Con

I will not argue this round to keep it even.