IloveLillyLou123
Gaming_Debater

Dogs are better than cats

Started: 10/14/2014 Category: Funny

IloveLillyLou123

Pro

I think dogs are better because dogs are very intelligent and loyal to their owners. Yes, of course puppies may be naughtier than kittens but a dog will never leave your side and protect you with everything they have. If somebody tries to harm you what's a cat going to do, cough out a nasty hair ball in their face! That's what I thought. Dogs love to play but cats stay inside and sleep all day. Cats are always climbing on everything and rubbing their smelly hair on your stuff. Some people say that cats make a good companion but you can't ever take them on a walk, have a rough game of tug-a-war, or throw a ball to them every now and then. I think that dogs are much better companions that cats and are for sure better than them!
Gaming_Debater

Con

I accept. By putting categorizing this as "funny," my opponent has made it clear to me that they do not mind me turning this into a troll debate.

"...a dog will never leave your side and protect you with everything they have."

If you need a dog to protect you then you are doing something really dumb or simply do not know how to protect yourself. Besides, cats are cuter and make funny memes, so they can be great distractions from biotic things that are dangerous. They can distract people through various methods.

Method #1: Need for hugs

Method #2: cuddling with other cats

Method #3: Just being cute and hilarious

"Dogs love to play but cats stay inside and sleep all day. Cats are always climbing on everything and rubbing their smelly hair on your stuff. Some people say that cats make a good companion but you can't ever take them on a walk, have a rough game of tug-a-war, or throw a ball to them every now and then."

Like I've established already, cats are cuter. You can also have good fun with cats for these reasons:

1. Cats are good at Halo

2. Cats are better at poker.

Your turn.
IloveLillyLou123

Pro

I disagree with my opponents statement that ,"if you need a dog to protect you then you are doing something really dumb or simply do not know how to protect yourself." I think that self defense is a great thing to have, but if a dog is willing to protect you then that shows a sign that they are very loyal and that you are their top priority. Science has proven that a dog actually loves their owner and not just because they feed them and take them on walks. Also my opponent said that " cats are cuter and make funny memes, so they can be great distractions from biotic things that are dangerous they can distract people through various methods." I thought that my opponent said that if you need a dog to protect you that it is dumb and you don't have self defense, so why would a cat protect you by being a distraction if you knew how to protect yourself. You can have fun with cats maybe, but not in the way that my opponent thinks so. Don't we all know that cats can't get on computers or play on an X-box, or play poker. I think about the realistic reasons why dogs are more fun and cute, I would like to know which source is more reliable: fiction or facts?
Gaming_Debater

Con

"I disagree with my opponents statement that ,'if you need a dog to protect you then you are doing something really dumb or simply do not know how to protect yourself.' I think that self defense is a great thing to have, but if a dog is willing to protect you then that shows a sign that they are very loyal and that you are their top priority."

Cats also love their owners. They will tell you how much they love you.

See? They love you.

"Also my opponent said that 'cats are cuter and make funny memes, so they can be great distractions from biotic things that are dangerous they can distract people through various methods.' I thought that my opponent said that if you need a dog to protect you that it is dumb and you don't have self defense, so why would a cat protect you by being a distraction if you knew how to protect yourself."

Everyone needs outside protection at least once in their life, regardless of their intelligence. If the distraction to one's enemies consists of cuteness and hilarity, then it will be less obvious, therefore moer effective than growling and barking in anger.

"You can have fun with cats maybe, but not in the way that my opponent thinks so. Don't we all know that cats can't get on computers or play on an X-box, or play poker. I think about the realistic reasons why dogs are more fun and cute, I would like to know which source is more reliable: fiction or facts?"

You, sir/ma'am, are ignoring the fact that you gave me an implied permission to turn this into a troll debate. Herer is how:

1. You put this in the "funny" section, where troll debates belong.
2. You clearly meant this for an easy win. The DDO user Imabench advises trolling a debate when it is obviously meant for an easy win.

It is poor conduct to categorize a debate as "funny," thus implying permission to troll, then dismiss troll arguments because they are illogical. I already turned this into a troll debate, so now it's either address my troll arguments the TROLL way, or increase your chances of losing points for both arguments AND conduct. You apparently are intolerant of a little fun or do not understand the nature of troll debates.
IloveLillyLou123

Pro

First things first I'm going to make my arguments simple in this round by starting out with the fact that I am definitely NOT intolerant for a little fun like my opponent states that I am. I just do not see the purpose of a troll debate when you are trying to get your point across. Honestly , I did not ever give my opponent permission to turn this debate into a troll debate, I put this under funny because the argument that dogs are better than cats is an argument that is not effective to the world around us. This is a funny debate because every one is entitled to their own opinion and that's what debates are about: sharing your opinion and backing it up with evidence. A troll debate is not about supporting evidence it is about sharing unrealistic fiction. DOGS ARE BETTER THAN CATS!!! Vote for me!!!!!
Gaming_Debater

Con

"First things first I'm going to make my arguments simple in this round by starting out with the fact that I am definitely NOT intolerant for a little fun like my opponent states that I am."

I did not say that there was no other possibility.

"I just do not see the purpose of a troll debate when you are trying to get your point across."

The intent of a troll debate isnt to get your point across. It's about humor. Besides, I knew I couldn't even USE a serious argument, but the debate had to go on. Your point has been across since round 1.

"Honestly , I did not ever give my opponent permission to turn this debate into a troll debate, I put this under funny because the argument that dogs are better than cats is an argument that is not effective to the world around us."

Like I said before, putting this in funny came off as permission to troll. You could have said "no trolling" or used a disclaimer.

"This is a funny debate because every one is entitled to their own opinion and that's what debates are about: sharing your opinion and backing it up with evidence."

I never said you weren't entitled to your own opinion.

"A troll debate is not about supporting evidence it is about sharing unrealistic fiction. DOGS ARE BETTER THAN CATS!!! Vote for me!!!!!"

If troll debates were about real evidence, they wouldn't be funny.

Vote Con.