TheUnorthodox
12prototype21

Dogs are better than cats

TheUnorthodox

TheUnorthodox

Pro

Dogs are amazing, they are affectionate and can tell when you are sad and try their best to comfort you.
Cats on the other hand are unhygienic, they lick their own arse then lick the rest of themselves, then you go and pat them!
12prototype21

Con

I own a cat myself and I had a dog once, we got rid of her because she was destroying our furniture, making a mess and shitting everywhere. I am allergic to animals and dogs always like to lick my face making it puffy (I know this because TheUnorthodox's dog licked my face). But cats just lay around and don't do much, making it easy to give them a nice pet every now and then. They are clean with their poop and wee, they don't do it all over the yard and expect you to clean it up.
TheUnorthodox

Pro

Not all dogs make a mess, they're easy to train if you have the skill, cats on the other hand are not compliant to commands. At least dogs don't do their busness in a box then if your lucky flick it everywhere. Cats are lazy, if you have an active lifestyle and you have a cat, don't expect it to go for walkies and play in the park. If you are a lazy person go ahead and get a cat, but for the active people dogs are perfect. Cats don't comfort you when you are sad, they just lay around all day, dogs comfort you in your time of need.
12prototype21

Con

Not all cats poo in a box, they only do when they are young and haven't got the skill. I don't even know where my cat does it's business which is really good because it's out of the way. When I go to friends houses who have dogs I find myself always dodging poo in the backyard. You can take cats for walks, it might be a bit odd but it's simply possible. Cats can be very active too, most only mope around and do nothing all day because they are old. When I had my dog and went for walks, I can count 2 times my dog started having sex with another and they haven't even met! Cats don't do that. Cats do comfort you, a lot. When my sister goes to bed my cat likes to sleep on the end of her bed. All night! Cats aren't noisy and bark, they are quiet and can climb trees very well...
TheUnorthodox

Pro

There are scientific facts that dogs are better than cats, they are the following.

1. Dogs make you laugh. Dogs are funny and playful, and make you laugh easily.
2. Dogs affect your social life in a good way. Dogs are a great social topic to talk about. Lots of people have dogs therefore it's easy to find dog owners to socialise with.
3. Dogs aren't just good pets, they are life savers. Researchers have trained Golden Retrievers and German Shepards to sniff out ovarian cancer.
4. Whilst cats bat crumpled pieces of tissue, some dogs have learnt to recognise and respond to commands given to them by an iPad like, Sit, Stay and other commands as well as taking selfies!
5. Dogs keep us fit. Dogs need walk, so owners take them for walks, this doesn't just give the dog exercise but exercise the owner as well.
6. Dogs are heroes. They can sniff out bombs, find missing people and track down criminals!
7. Some dogs are seziure alert, they can detect a seziure if someone is going to have one 12 to 14 hours before the attack, the dogs are trained to hit a special button that calls an ambulance. Try making a cat do these things. I know these aren't all dogs, but this just proves dogs have a very positive impact on our society.
12prototype21

Con

Reasons why cats are better than dogs:

1. Yes, dogs can make you laugh. Cats can too. There are lots of cute and funny images of both cats and dogs on Google images.
2. Lots of people do have dogs, lots of people have cats too. Both are easy to talk about and good to talk about.
3. You can teach commands to cats. It won't be as easy but it's possible.
4. Cats take care of their toys a lot better than dogs. A lot of old dog toys are ruined where cats like to take care of their toys and preserve them so they last longer.
5. It doesn't cost as much to feed cats. Dogs can be a lot bigger than cats and it will take more to feed them.
6. When cats are happy and full of joy they purr. Which is very cute. Where dogs wag their tales which CAN knock things of balance. CAN.
7. When a guest comes into the house cats don't go up to them and sniff, lick and walk around them. Which I find very annoying.
8. Cats love to bring presents to you... Like a dead rat... Lovely :)
9. If you have a laser pointer, the cat will follow it. With nothing stopping it. The cat may even climb a wall to get the laser.

Meow
Posted by TheUnorthodox 2 years ago
TheUnorthodox
It's "off" not "of"
Posted by TheUnorthodox 2 years ago
TheUnorthodox
And Cats being able to climb trees isn't always a good thing...
Posted by 12prototype21 2 years ago
12prototype21
In my first argument, when I said I once had a dog then got rid of it, I meant that I was renting/borrowing and I gave it back to the owner. I didn't kill it....
Vote Placed by MCMinecraft269 2 years ago
MCMinecraft269
TheUnorthodox12prototype21Tied
Reasons for voting decision: DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGs!
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
TheUnorthodox12prototype21Tied
Reasons for voting decision: pro's arguments were hardly rebutted, and I felt that some of con's arguments destroyed his own case