ahuggies30
RuneKyton

Dogs are better than cats

ahuggies30

Pro

OK, so I personally think that dogs are better than cats. Why? Well first of all they are loyal. You see countless videos of people returning to their homes and their dogs greeting them with open paws. You would be lucky if your cat even acknowledges your absence, let alone when you return. Most dogs are friendlier, too. If trained properly, dogs can be a joy to everyone, dubbing the nickname "Man's Best Friend". Cats are mean, erratic, sarcastic, and will hiss at you no matter the circumstances. Lastly, you can have more fun and bonding time with your pup rather than your cat. Go outside and play fetch with your puppy or roll around in some mud. With a cat? You can watch it eat or take a dump in its litter box, I guess. Bottom line is that I believe that dogs are better pets than cats.
RuneKyton

Con

Your points strike home on the topic of dogs being loyal and friendly, but what you say about cats is all but incorrect.

Sure, cats can get a bit ornery sometimes, but the same goes for dogs, doesn't it? Just because cats are less free spirited than dogs does not mean they are totally and utterly evil or ignorant. Of course, there is always the occasional feline out to get someone, but aren't there dogs that hate people as well?

To compare the two, in my eyes, cats are "better" than dogs. Remember, not just dogs can be sweet hearts.
ahuggies30

Pro

Yes, my feline-loving opponent, not all cats are spawns of Satan. Perhaps the topic is of major bias?

Anyways, dogs show more emotion, love, and compassion than cats do, especially after extended periods of time. They also make better comapions. Their giddy, bubbly personailties outdo those of the cat race.
RuneKyton

Con

What you say is true; dogs can be very loving companions and express that love in a lot of ways. But if dogs are that way, why not cats? Cats, as you probably already know, pur when they are delighted or happy. Is that not a show of affection? Is it not the way they say, "I'm happy"? You see, your argument is made of stereotypes. As I said before, not all dogs are angels and not all cats are demons.
ahuggies30

Pro

ahuggies30 forfeited this round.
RuneKyton

Con

To conclude, I would like to acknowledge that what you have pointed out is true in some cases, but not always, by far. I would also like to remind the audience that cats can be just as loveable as dogs. Thank you all for your valuable time.