greatman777
dtaylor971

Dogs are better than people

dtaylor971

greatman777

Pro

well first of dogs are loyal.... the love you no matter what. they aren't judgemental. they look up to you, they are protective. no adays that's hard to find in humanity.
dtaylor971

Con

I accept this challenge. Due to lack of definitions, I will supply my own:

Better: one's superiors in social class or ability.

My opposition must prove three things, while I must disprove them:

1) Have a higher social class ranking than humans.
2) Have better abilities to preform tasks than humans.
3) Have better attitudes than humans.

The latter one was supplied (the third one) by my opposition's arguments of loyalty and love. Please keep in note I value dogs as much as I value myself, but calling them better, by the definition, is not true. Even as a huge animal lover, I must accept this challenge.

I will supply my arguments in the second round, refute in the third and fourth round, and concluce in the fifth. I wish the best of luck to my opposition and look forward to a good debate!

greatman777

Pro

Okay if you want to base it off of the definition i still support my view. Dogs just as appreciated as humans. They may not have the same capabilities and may not be as high on the civilzation scale but by definition i still support myself for this reason. People are remembered for their character traits. Dogs have better character traits than people. As basic as it sounds that's really what it comes down to. we may be superior and yes that is quite synonymous to better but only in certain aspects. and in this argument i refer to the moral aspect. admittedly dogs to turn on their owners but that is often caused by the neglect or abuse of the dog. and it happens alot less with dogs than it does people.
dtaylor971

Con

I am changing my strategy a little bit. I will provide one argument per round, and one rebuttal per round (only rounds 3-5) to give my opposition a better chance to refute, and to not take too much time out of our daily activities.

First off, I would like to point out that the opposition put himself in a really tough position with the resolution. He must prove that all dogs are better than ALL humans to truly, and undoubtebly, be the "better" species. If you would like to argue it, I will prove myself through simple mathematics.

I will refute all of the opposition's arguments in the third round. In this round, I will only supply my arguments. I thank my opposition for a speedy response, and I apologize I was unable to do the same. Now, let's get to my arguments, shall we?

--Argument I: Social Class Rankings--

This debate will be based on the points in the first round, so I will provide arguments for each one. The first one is social class rankings. I will prove that dogs are not socially equal to humans, and thus not better.

A. This argument should be pretty straightforward. My first point of this argument is that we have dogs as pets, meaning we own them. We take them on walks, feed them, but in some cases, allow limited freedom. A lot of owners have cages for their dogs and lock them in at night or while running errands. You don't hear of a lot of human cages.

B. Second, the dogs lack reasonable human freedom in many ways. Dogs get fed mostly the same food every day, sometimes can not go 50 yards out of the perimeter of the house, kept in cages, and go on walks only when the owners want them to. The things listed above fail to give them reasonable human freedom, and thus not any place in the social class.

C. Lastly, dogs own no part in the working class rankings. Most humans have a job, may it be working at an airport, being a waiter, or even being the head of a mafia. However, 99% of dogs do not have jobs. The only type of job a dog can do is an assistant (to searching for missing things, helping blind people, or playing with their owners), so they fail to be in the working class. If you would like to explain how a normal dog would be better than Bill Gates (one of the top humans on Earth,) be my guest!

greatman777

Pro

greatman777 forfeited this round.
greatman777

Pro

greatman777 forfeited this round.
greatman777

Pro

greatman777 forfeited this round.
Posted by SeventhProfessor 3 years ago
SeventhProfessor
Posted by dtaylor971 3 years ago
dtaylor971
BoP= Burden of Proof. A resolution one has to meet to win the debate. For example, if the debate topic is "water is clear," the BoP pro has to meet is that water is clear.

In this debate, I want to know if we should both have the BoP, or only one of us. If we both have the BoP, we both must meet some resolution to win the debate. If only you have the BoP, I don't have to meet a resolution to win, while you do.
Posted by greatman777 3 years ago
greatman777
what is bop?
Posted by dtaylor971 3 years ago
dtaylor971
Is the BoP solely on you, or should we share it?
Posted by greatman777 3 years ago
greatman777
of course i can recreate this debate if you'd like
Posted by bullheadednerd 3 years ago
bullheadednerd
rofl nevermind then >,<
Posted by bullheadednerd 3 years ago
bullheadednerd
this debate is no longer in the challenge period even though the counter says over six days remaining for me(this site sometimes my god) I would love to take you on. so if you would be so kind as to remake this debate again we can commence. if you don't want the challenge I don't mind.
Posted by greatman777 3 years ago
greatman777
thanks
Posted by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
Kinda agreed.
Vote Placed by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
greatman777dtaylor971Tied
Reasons for voting decision: FF.
Vote Placed by Oromagi 3 years ago
Oromagi
greatman777dtaylor971Tied
Reasons for voting decision: bad all round conduct for greatman777, here. start a debate with little energy and then evaporate, wasting dtaylor's time and efforts