Artpop
dollydebates

Dogs are more loyal than people.

Artpop

Pro

I'm taking the PRO position in this debate.
I think dogs are amazing creatures, who are really loyal and human's best friend.
dollydebates

Con

Just saying "more loyal than people" is saying that dogs are more loyal than ALL people, which isn't true. Dogs are pack animals, and are.. programmed to follow a leader, I think. It's kind of hard to compare dogs and humans. There are some people out there, believe it or not, who are capable of being loyal and loving unconditionally.
Artpop

Pro

I was not relating to ALL dogs, and to ALL people, I think I've made that clear.

And even if it was as you've said, that dogs are programmed to follow their leader, you've almost aproved my point that they are, IN GENERAL, i repeat, more loyal than people are.

Even if you take best friends as an example, in most cases people will NOT be by your side for better or worse, but dogs will. When helping people, they are NEVER thinking of benefits, they just help, because they have a big, rich heart.
They're so awesome, they even heal with love, which is sciently aprooved. They can even dedicate their lives to helping someone in exchange for affection! They are also always happy to see you. Even if you leave your house for 5 minutes, when you come back, he will be extremelly happy you're home! They are never to bussy to be there for you. They sence your pain when you're sad and they are completelly commited to their owner.

Dogs won't leave you when times get rough. They also always protect their people!
And as for loyality, a classic example of immense loyalty is the story of Hachiko:

In 1924, a professor in the agriculture department at the University of Tokyo, took in Hachik!3;, a golden brown Akita, as a pet. During his owner"s life, Hachiko greeted him at the end of each day at the nearby Shibuya Station. The pair continued their daily routine until May 1925, when Professor Ueno did not return. The professor had suffered from a cerebral hemorrhage and died, never returning to the train station where Hachiko was waiting. Each day for the next nine years Hachiko awaited Ueno"s return, appearing precisely when the train was due at the station. Now the station has it's statue!

If you haven't seen the movie about the dog Hatchiko, you must. And you will be convinced.
dollydebates

Con

dollydebates forfeited this round.
Artpop

Pro

I assume that my opponet did a little research on the loyalty of dogs and probably agrees with me too, because he, unfortunatelly, forfeited this round. That was, of course, sarcasm, but what do you know, Joe, maybe it is true. I hope you will be replying with some arguments in round 3, so that people who are reading this debate will be able to vote fair.

Best regards,
Artpop.
dollydebates

Con

dollydebates forfeited this round.
Posted by ADreamOfLiberty 3 years ago
ADreamOfLiberty
Just saying "more loyal than people" is saying that dogs are more loyal than ALL people"

No no no! Wrong, false incorrect and dastardly. In the five hundred year history of the English language omitting the scope has never meant implied a universal scope.
Posted by ADreamOfLiberty 3 years ago
ADreamOfLiberty
In my experience both dogs and people are pretty loyal when you earn it. It just generally takes less to convince a dog you're a good friend than a human.
Posted by Artpop 3 years ago
Artpop
Even if not, I still think dogs are more loyal :D ..
Posted by dollydebates 3 years ago
dollydebates
Ah, I see the comments change things. xD
Posted by Artpop 3 years ago
Artpop
P.S. : Meaning: Of course, not every dog and not every person.
Posted by Artpop 3 years ago
Artpop
I'm thinking MOSTLY more loyal. In general, percentual :)
Greetings, Artpop.
Posted by ADreamOfLiberty 3 years ago
ADreamOfLiberty
Can you clarify the scope. Do you mean dogs are always more loyal than people, or often more loyal than people?

Are you including random people and random dogs, or are you limiting the context to people and dogs you think you can trust?