ILoveSitarMusic
TaterBaker

Dogs make good friends.

TaterBaker

ILoveSitarMusic

Pro

My opponent will make the opening statement. Pro indicates agreement, and con indicates disagreement. Happy debating.
TaterBaker

Con

First of all not all dogs can be good friends it can take from weeks to years of training and some dogs just cannot be trained. Whilst dogs do make good friends it would depend on the dog breed and their characteristics you would be talking about. I would prefer cats as they are not very strong or lethal unless you get bit[my opinion] Dogs attacking people has been far more common than the cats attacking people. Whilst dogs make good friends it depends on the breed and characteristics my opinion
ILoveSitarMusic

Pro

First of all, I did not say that all dogs make good friends. I am saying that a lot of dogs make good friends. I did not say all. I say that dogs make good friends because: They wiggle their tails when they are happy to see you, snuggle, and act supportive when you need a friend. One time I had severe back pain, and my dog cried because he cared so much. He likes to snuggle, and when I am in a bad mood, he comes in my room and puts his paw up.
TaterBaker

Con

Well that is your perspective. Although dogs will act supportive and help you they can sometimes unintentionally cause harm. Several times of me walking the street many dogs have barked at me a few growled at me yes I know it was directed at me [I had no food on me]. You'll also have to be a bit more specific on the type of dogs you think are friendly and I am surprised a dog can react to you like that as my dogs never did. Whilst dogs can have good intentions sometimes they will mistake yours
ILoveSitarMusic

Pro

ILoveSitarMusic forfeited this round.
TaterBaker

Con

Just saying but I don't know what happens when you forfeit a round.

In my opinion I believe that whilst some dogs make good friends most of them would not as they might not understand you or you may not understand it. There are several dogs that can misinterpret your actions and perceive them as threats.
Going on about your statement your dog was likely trained and has had experience with people.
Most dogs will likely feel uncomfortable with anyone but their family unless they have no fear.
ILoveSitarMusic

Pro

ILoveSitarMusic forfeited this round.
TaterBaker

Con

In my opinion the reasons that dogs aren't good friends or at the very least not all dogs is due to the cause of earlier said communication, misunderstanding and etc. You will likely be reading something near a copy to my earlier statements.

Dogs have a tendencies to bark loudly against other dogs and can easily be hostile to people regardless of training as they cannot understand us. You earlier said that your dog acts supportive to you while this is common even you will have faced bad times.
ILoveSitarMusic

Pro

ILoveSitarMusic forfeited this round.
TaterBaker

Con

First of all. Why did you forfeit so many rounds?

Coming off from my last statement ii believe the reason dogs don't make good friends is due to the cause that dogs can sometimes be misunderstood. Most dogs that are at the pet store likely will have something against people as they due to past experience. There can also be various other reasons dogs react violently.

I have nothing else left to say without any opposition.
Vote Placed by U.n 1 year ago
U.n
ILoveSitarMusicTaterBakerTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture.
Vote Placed by hidude45454 1 year ago
hidude45454
ILoveSitarMusicTaterBakerTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro forfeited, so conduct goes to con. Grammar goes to pro because of con's long, rambling sentences. No sources were used. Finally, con won on arguments, because he addressed pro's arguments, while pro failed to prove why all dogs make good friends (as the topic stated).