RepublicanMan
1Historygenius

Donald Trump 2016

1Historygenius

RepublicanMan

Con

Donald Trump is running for President in the 2016 election. I hate the idea of Mr. Trump being President Trump. He is an idiotic business man an eccentric flatfoot billionaire and a political airhead. I don't approve of Donald Trump even being a businessman. Plus, think about this...Trump has never stepped into a political position before. He's never been a governor, senator, congressman, nothing. So how could he go from businessman to president successfully?
1Historygenius

Pro

While I don't agree with everything Donald Trump stands for, I will partially devils advocate for this debate. I think people who know me will be able to tell the difference betwene when I'm serious and when I'm not here. Here we go:

OMG Donald Trump is one of the greatest men to ever live! He's a combination of Ross Perot, Napoleon Bonaparte, and Margaret Thatcher and that's saying a lot.

It's important to understand that Trump is a very successful businessman who owns a very large corporation. I believe that the government should be run like a business and Trump is just the man. It's also important to remember that Trump has made mistakes and has experienced bankruptcy once. This, however, is a good thing because he now understand how to avoid bankruptcy in the future. I would take Trump, a man who has experienced bankruptcy over Obama, the "constitutional law professor" who could not be more hypocritical and has never experienced work in the market before. Trump has worked in the economy, Obama has not. [1]

Three things Trump said he would if he were president:

1. Sue OPEC for violating antitrust laws and use America's resources to create jobs. [2]

2. Cut taxes and reduce government spending in order to bring more economic growth. [2]

3. Repeal Obamacare. Who likes that BS anyway? [2]

Finally, just because Trump has held no political office does not mean he should not be elected. I anything he's not part of the problem in Washington. Remember, Dwight Eisenhower never held a political office, but still won as well as Zachary Taylor.

1. https://en.wikipedia.org...
2. Trump, Donald. Time to Get Tough: Making America #1 Again. Washington, D.C.: Regnery Pub., 2011. Print.
RepublicanMan

Con

While I can agree there are some things Trump has accomplished, he is a terrible business man and a political airhead. And seriously? Are you going to REALLY play the card of Wikipedia searching? Look, here is some REAL information:http://www.nydailynews.com...
Now, as I mentioned, Donald Trump is a political airhead, so in my next post I will tell you that Trump spoke with racist intent about Obama on national television, I know this link is to a blog site BUT there is a video along with it. Which supports the case of Trump's announcement falling flat and his behind closed doors racial intentions of assaulting Obama's campaign was revealed. Also, Trump was caught sneaking MORE misinformation on television this about net worth and his wealth!http://www.mediaite.com...
To be honest, I don't think I've ever heard of such a sneaky, grease-stained politician ever! This political airhead has too many tricks in his pocket. He also claims that Religion is the most important thing to him, claiming that he thinks Christianity is the best religion, foreshadowing religious oppression, he also claims he receives 200 bibles a day. And then re-distributes them!http://www.politico.com...
Well, just when you thought it would end he lied twice as much as Mitt Romney during the 2012 feeding everyone's brains biased Republican ideals and misinformation. You have got to be kidding me. I would say that considering the only lawsuit he's ever one was against a freaking winner of a beauty pageant his contender for president is just one big flop!
1Historygenius

Pro

"While I can agree there are some things Trump has accomplished, he is a terrible business man and a political airhead. And seriously? Are you going to REALLY play the card of Wikipedia searching? Look, here is some REAL information:"

I only needed Wikipedia for basic information. However, many people see Wikipedia as a ba source for some reason. In fact, it is just as good as Encyclopedia Britannica. It is not the bad source people think it is in order to just get sources points. A study found that there was very little difference in errors. Also, you have not countered my point on if Obama is better than Trump.

"Now, as I mentioned, Donald Trump is a political airhead, so in my next post I will tell you that Trump spoke with racist intent about Obama on national television, I know this link is to a blog site BUT there is a video along with it. Which supports the case of Trump's announcement falling flat and his behind closed doors racial intentions of assaulting Obama's campaign was revealed. Also, Trump was caught sneaking MORE misinformation on television this about net worth and his wealth!"

The video makes little difference because there is no accurate source. Videos are often frowned upon in debates.

I don't see what is so bad about Trump giving away bibles. If anything that makes him a philanthropist which is a good thing not a bad thing. It shows that he's a good man. Christianity is the way to go.

"Well, just when you thought it would end he lied twice as much as Mitt Romney during the 2012 feeding everyone's brains biased Republican ideals and misinformation. You have got to be kidding me. I would say that considering the only lawsuit he's ever one was against a freaking winner of a beauty pageant his contender for president is just one big flop!"

Obama lied too a get elected, so what's the problem?

My Arguments

My arguments have not been countered. My opponent has made no refutations.

I have prove Trump would be a good president by being a businessman and experiencing bankruptcy rather than the socialist slime Obama. Trump wants to do many good things for America and my opponents has it refuted this. I have clearly won.

1. http://news.cnet.com...
RepublicanMan

Con

Are you truly serious? Videos are never frowned upon in debates. And why didn't that prove anything? The creators of the video weren't some underground news cast or anything, it's not like that was some sort of Trump look-alike. I mean, honestly I think it would be hard to disagree with the fact that Trump can't be trusted. Considering that Trump is someone who owns a failing corporation and an even bigger failed-to-be sponsor of a Mix Martial Arts cast. If you were not aware, the most I've seen Trump accomplish was when he went to WWE and shaved the Chairman's head bald after sneaking a left hand hook and then letting money flow down to the crowd from the ceiling. But business wise he still fails. I counter your Wikipedia article with one of my own showing that it was found from a Pennsylvania University study that 60% of Wiki articles are false: http://www.nerve.com...

Aside from that, Trump has a horrible record of business with his so called "Corporation" the false money he caves in every year is something I like to call "Trump Dollars" and it's the false bravado that Americans can never count on. Have I mentioned that Trump is conservative and he's tainting the name of the Republican party! He's making us look like a bunch of jokes. He's so many horrible jokes, you can find continuous lists of his bad doings on the internet! I've found a short list of 10 and will share it with you here. If you think these are slip-ups, mistakes or flukes, I have no idea what WILL convince you.http://www.cracked.com... Again it's a blog post but there are legitimate things support each case. And I don't know if you are a liberal or not, but judging by your picture, I presume you are a Conservative. So you must know how it feels to be pushed to the dirt for being of the political party you are and choose to endorse. Here's something someone showed me earlier about Trump and a lawsuit case. He received a lawsuit for apparently "rigging" a beauty pageant and the loser of the pageant got mad because she didn't become the model of her city. Then Trump "beat her" in the trial.http://news.yahoo.com...
If I may put my input into this one, it would seem like this is the most Donald has done on his own. Donald Trump already started campaigning, and the things he said have been horrid. In fact, the Republicans of America (for the most part) voted against the idea of him being a president of the country during a poll!http://usatoday30.usatoday.com...
I have another article here where this describes some of Donald's poorest decisions and how Trump affected Obama in 2012.http://www.huffingtonpost.com...
I think this concludes our debate, from a personal view, you struck out. Good talking to you but it's tea time.
1Historygenius

Pro

My Refutations

"Are you truly serious? Videos are never frowned upon in debates. And why didn't that prove anything? The creators of the video weren't some underground news cast or anything, it's not like that was some sort of Trump look-alike. I mean, honestly I think it would be hard to disagree with the fact that Trump can't be trusted. Considering that Trump is someone who owns a failing corporation and an even bigger failed-to-be sponsor of a Mix Martial Arts cast. If you were not aware, the most I've seen Trump accomplish was when he went to WWE and shaved the Chairman's head bald after sneaking a left hand hook and then letting money flow down to the crowd from the ceiling. But business wise he still fails. I counter your Wikipedia article with one of my own showing that it was found from a Pennsylvania University study that 60% of Wiki articles are false:"

Your wrong. The study does not say 60% of Wikipedia articles are false. It says they might have errors. Remember: might. My opponent might be referring to vandalism of a Wikipedia article, but it when that does happen Wikipedia is locked down. Also, only 1% of Wikipedia articles ever have to be locked, so there is very little vandalism. [1]

My opponent then points out ten things Trump did that seem strange. It goes on about some lawsuits and a board game and spends very little time policy wise or on his leadership style. They mention bankruptcy, but like I said, that can work in his favor because he experienced it and knows how to avoid. Very little people can avoid bankruptcy and some point in their lives if they run a large business. They only policy issue they discuss is a 25% tariff, but Trump explains how that is good in his book. The US and Chinese markets would not turn their backs just because of a tariff and the revaluation of the Chinese currency would create up to 700,000 American jobs. [2]

Finally, my opponent used a blog with no credible sourcing. Wikipedia is better than that.

"Here's something someone showed me earlier about Trump and a lawsuit case. He received a lawsuit for apparently "rigging" a beauty pageant and the loser of the pageant got mad because she didn't become the model of her city. Then Trump "beat her" in the trial."

This has little to do with what he would as president. We're not looking at policies or leadership style here. My opponent the talks about Trump's campaign in 2012, but the undisputed fact is that he never ran in the first place.

My Arguments

Not once did my opponent refute Obamacare, lower taxes, or anything else.

My opponent did not refute my own arguments. He has never brought anything about Trump's policies or leadership style. He just talks about some lawsuits and personal issues. I strongly suggest you vote Pro here.

1. http://www.cbsnews.com...
Posted by 1Historygenius 3 years ago
1Historygenius
The source for round 2 talks about how Wikipedia is just as reliable as EB.
Posted by 1Historygenius 3 years ago
1Historygenius
"While I don't agree with everything Donald Trump stands for, I will partially devils advocate for this debate. I think people who know me will be able to tell the difference betwene when I'm serious and when I'm not here. Here we go:"

The here at the end if sentence should not be there. Just saying.
Vote Placed by Subutai 3 years ago
Subutai
RepublicanMan1HistorygeniusTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con never attempted to adequately refute any of pro's arguments. The BoP, was technically on pro (he's affirming that Donald Trump should run), but con did not counter sufficiently.
Vote Placed by Jegory 3 years ago
Jegory
RepublicanMan1HistorygeniusTied
Reasons for voting decision: CON did not refute any of PRO's arguments and provided quite weak arguments overall.
Vote Placed by Mikal 3 years ago
Mikal
RepublicanMan1HistorygeniusTied
Reasons for voting decision: I hate trump but judging this with no bias, Pro won the argument because Con did not meet the BOP. As Pro stated in his closing statements Con arguments were from personal distaste, and he offered none of trumps policies within the debate.