Roro8
Cart

Donald Trump For president. Is he good/not?

Roro8

Pro

Donald trump is a good president and he says things how they are unlike Obama he does not dance around all of your problems. He is going to win. What do you think?
Cart

Con

I watched 2 full Republican Presidential Debate performances, both with Donald Trump at the center of the stage given the most time to speak. I heard lots of promises like "making America great again" but very few specific proposals.

I checked on Trump's website a week ago, and on the "Issues" section, his only proposal for the country is to build a giant fence. I checked just now, and he's added a tax plan and a 2nd amendment pledge. But that's only 3 out of dozens of issues (including health care, environment, budgeting, education, etc). It's late in the campaign for a candidate like Trump to not give us information on where he stands.

Trump has zero political experience. He has experience in business but that's not analogous to politics. As a CEO, you have direct control over a company. As president, you need to compromise with Congress in order to get anything done (and Trump is not exactly diplomatic).

I'm also not sure what qualifies him as president. He's wealthy, yes, but there's dozens of wealthier people than Trump. He's had business success, but largely because he inherited millions of dollars from his father at birthright. He's a household name who had a successful TV show, but I'm not sure that qualifies him as president. He has strong political opinions and makes provocative statements, but so does my alcoholic uncle.

I personally believe the main reason people support Donald Trump is because he's Donald Trump. He's a celebrity. If there was a guy named Bob Smith running for president and he had Donald Trump's policies (as well as his personality), you probably wouldn't like him.

In a sense, Trump is not just a political candidate. He's an attitude. He's angry, and that's supposed to resonate with angry voters. But that said, "being tough" is not enough. I want a candidate who actually has a serious plan, is properly qualified and a clue what he's doing.
Roro8

Pro

Roro8 forfeited this round.
Cart

Con

Cart forfeited this round.
Roro8

Pro

Roro8 forfeited this round.
Cart

Con

Cart forfeited this round.
Posted by Roro8 1 year ago
Roro8
you dont have to be rude about it i just said no evidence but why dont you bulid your cart and get out of here
Posted by Cart 1 year ago
Cart
Somehow, knowing the position you took, I'm not surprised.
Posted by Roro8 1 year ago
Roro8
Yo dont have to state evidence