noahtherealest
bballcrook21

Donald Trump: President or Not?

bballcrook21

noahtherealest

Con

Why should we have this man become our president. He's against all of our systems, and he very disrespectful against our women of America, and by that women, Rosie O Donald. He has no right to call her fat and sluggish. Didn't Martin Luther King Jr. and I quote, "Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." So Donald Trump shouldn't be president.

bballcrook21

Pro

Your very first statement is that he is against all of our systems.

By that definition, he has to be against the Constitution entirely, our legislature, our judiciary, our immigration system, economic policies, etc.

You also go so far as to state that he is disrespectful against our women of America, and then you go to state Rosie O'Donnell. (It is spelled O'Donnell, not O Donald.)

Your claim exemplifies the utmost level of stupidity, as you go to show that one insult towards one female characterizes his entire stance on the female gender, which is the farthest from the truth as one could imagine. Additionally, he has the full rights under the 1st Amendment to refer to Rosie as "fat and sluggish", two characteristics that she exemplifies.

Your last remark refers to a quote by Martin Luther King Jr, which had nothing to do with Donald Trump in the least. If you could please provide evidence and prove to me that what Donald has said or done is "unjust" then I shall agree or at least respect what you state.

Your short opening statement makes it difficult to create a response, so my opening argument is rather short. If you could provide a good argument for next round that would be very good for this debate.

I await your response.
noahtherealest

Con

1. He thinks of America as a business.
"We need somebody who can take the brand of the United States and make it great again."
America is a "brand"? Last I checked, we were a country, not the Taj Mahal Casino in Atlantic City. (Cue flashback to Pixar's "Wall-E" with the Buy N' Large company destroying the world.)
2. He says he might run every election year.
Trump has toyed with running for office in 1988, 2000, 2004, 2008 and 2012. It would seem he loves to use the presidential election as a personal PR machine, considering he gets some extra screen time to mention all the hotels he owns and TV shows he stars in.
3. He's turning the election into a reality TV show.
"We will continue onward with 'Celebrity Apprentice' and making lots and lots of money for charity."
Good thing he mentioned this one, because my primary concern is that my favorite reality TV show will continue if he is busy running a country. Honestly, even if the show was canceled, the other 20 candidates are currently working on their own "Big Brother: White House Edition."
4. He thinks he's God's gift to the world.
"I will be the greatest jobs president that God ever created, I"ll tell you that"
There you have it. God endorses Donald Trump. At least on jobs. Hairstyle is a different story though.
5. He thinks the person with the most money should win.
Trump claimed to be the "most successful person ever to run for the presidency, by far." Previously he said that he owns a "Gucci store that's worth more than Romney."
6. He speaks in the third person
On Tuesday, Trump claimed, "No one would be tougher on ISIS than Trump."
Ugh.
7. He has no faith in economists.
"According to the economists, who I"m not a big believer in...."
Donald Trump has a bachelor's in economics from the University of Pennsylvania.
8. He thinks America is a third world country.
"You come in LaGuardia Airport, it"s like we"re in a third world country" I come back from China. I come back from Qatar and they have the most incredible airports in the world."
You want a nice airport? The Donald advises live under an authoritarian government.
9. He can create a website for $3, when it cost the U.S. $5 billion.
"I have so many websites". I hire people. They do a website. It costs me three dollars."
Can I get that promo code for my next website? You saved quite a bit of money there.
10. He thinks owning golf courses is relevant.
"Obama is going to be out playing golf, he might even be on one of my courses. I would invite him. I have the best courses in the world."
Did I mentioned how successful I am?
11. He knows the facts better than the professionals
"Our real unemployment is over 20 percent. Don"t believe the 5.6."
By "real" he means the stuff he made up in his head. Or was it made up on his head by that critter who undoubtedly whispers sweet nothings into his ear?
12. He likes to play Mean Girls with his competition.
Trump has a little Regina George up his sleeve when he casually mentioned in his speech Tuesday morning that the two escaped prisoners happened to have escaped from a prison named after Clinton. Coincidence?
13. He would do, and get this, "things."
"Just to sum up, I would do various things very quickly."
bballcrook21

Pro

1. American IS a business. It is the world's largest economy, and should be treated as such. The United States needs someone in charge that knows how the economy works, and knows how to create jobs.

2. Might and will are two different phrases. He ran in 2000, and is running for 2016 as well.

3. He has ended The Apprentice since he is so popular in the polls.

4. He is a Christian, just like many other Americans, who believe that we were created by God. He certainly does not think he is "a gift", which is something that you are just deducing from misplaced evidence.

5. You are a perfect representation of the stupidity of the media. You just took a quote and twisted it so hard out of context that it is unbelievable. He is the most successful person to run for President, with a net worth of over 10 Billion dollars.

6. Your reason for him not being president is because he said a quote in third person?

7. Every economist thinks differently. He has been in business for decades and has done better than many other economists. Need I remind you that Wharton Business School is arguably the best business school in the world.

8. At this point, you are showing signs of mental retardation. He states that one of our buildings is built badly and managed poorly, which is synonymous with many third world countries. He states that other nations are doing better in that specific sector, which in this case is, airports.

9. It does not cost 5 billion to create a website. I'm not sure that it would cost 3 dollars, but much less than what it cost Obama.

10. Once again, your reasoning for why he should not be President is because he mentions his golf courses?

11. He is a professional. Full time unemployment is at 20%. Because of minimum wage increases, people are being fired form full time jobs and given part time jobs. Obama Administration does not report this because they still count part time as actual employment.

12. That is no excuse for why he should not be President.

13. Prove me wrong. Find me evidence in which he would do things slowly.
noahtherealest

Con

Donald Trump has seen more media publicity than any other presidential candidate has since declaring his candidacy on June 16. The business mogul touts his fortune and negotiating competency as two major reasons why he would make a good president, but his bombastic rhetoric has been what"s making all the headlines.
Trump points to the polls showing him atop the Republican field for president as proof that he"s tapping into the "silent majority." Here are seven reasons why that isn"t true and why he shouldn"t receive the Republican nomination.
His relationship with the Republican Party is shaky at best.
It"s no secret that Republican leadership is worried about the damage that Trump could do to their party"s image. After his controversial comments on Mexican immigrants, he was asked by the chairman of the Republican National Committee to tone down his inflammatory language (which obviously hasn"t happened).
He also frequently feuds with other Republican candidates. South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham called him a jackass, which Trump responded to by calling him an idiot and publicly releasing Graham"s phone number. Texas Governor Rick Perry called Trump "a cancer on conservatism," and former Florida Governor Jeb Bush, the most common target of Trump"s criticism, said that his comments on Mexican immigrants were "extraordinarily ugly."
How is Trump supposed to win the general election if his own party leadership won"t support him if he gets the nomination?
At one point he was a Democrat.
In August 2001, Trump switched from being an independent to the Democratic Party where he remained for eight years. This was just one of five known situations where he changed his political affiliation.
Yes, the man who now considers himself the best Republican candidate for president wasn"t even a Republican 10 years ago. Not to mention he used to support Democratic ideas such as universal healthcare, assault weapon bans, and the choice to get an abortion"all things that he has now changed his mind on. He has even donated over $500,000 to Democrats since 1990.
Can we really trust someone that has a tendency to change his principles so drastically?
He made racist comments in his first speech as candidate.
To kick off his campaign, Trump thought it"d be a good idea to discuss our country"s illegal immigration problem. His idea backfired when he said this:
"When Mexico sends its people, they"re not sending their best. They"re not sending you. They"re sending people that have lots of problems, and they"re bringing those problems with us. They"re bringing drugs. They"re bringing crime. They"re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people."
By generalizing the majority of Mexican immigrants as being drug dealers and rapists, he not only alienated Hispanic voters, but average Americans as well. Sure, there"s a small portion of the country that racist language still resonates with (the 19 percent of Republicans that supported him in the last poll), but the majority of Americans are turned off by it.
The Hispanic vote is vital to a candidate hoping to win the presidential election, and if the Donald Trump pi"atas are any indication, he won"t be helping his party gain any traction among that demographic.
He"s not a fan of U.S. soldiers that have been captured and tortured.
Arizona Sen. John McCain was captured in the Vietnam War and tortured for more than five years. He even denied being released until his fellow soldiers that were there longer than him were released first. Upon his return to America, he was awarded numerous military awards and was hailed as a national hero.
Donald Trump disagrees with that distinction, though. During a Q&A with Pollster Frank Luntz in Iowa, Trump said about McCain, "He"s not a war hero." When met by boos from the crowd, and an incredulous "He is a war hero" from Frank Luntz, Trump sarcastically said, "He is a war hero because he was captured. I like people that weren"t captured. Okay?"
I understand that he"s been feuding recently with McCain, but that doesn"t excuse disrespecting American troops that have faced inhumane torture. If anybody deserves sympathy and respect, it"s them.
Apologies are nowhere to be found.
You"d think that after offending one of the largest growing demographics in America and American soldiers that endured unimaginable pain, Trump would understand that some sort of an apology is warranted. Instead, he always aims to justify his controversial statements.
When asked about his comments on Mexican immigrants, he justified his statements by blaming the Mexican government for pushing criminals into our country. When asked whether John McCain deserved an apology, Trump said, "No, not at all," and then went on to discuss how soldiers that don"t get captured are "forgotten."
A president should be mature enough to apologize when a situation warrants it. Trump has a hard time admitting when he"s wrong, and that could be disastrous in dealing with foreign relations. How can you gain respect from a foreign country if you say something offensive to them and refuse to apologize?
No government experience at all.
There"s no denying the fact that Donald Trump has an extensive business resume. On the surface, that might seem to help his case for helping America"s economy, but when you dig deeper, it appears that might not be true.
First of all, businesses owned by him have filed bankruptcy four times. Those may have been the proper business decisions, but you can"t just file bankruptcy and make all of the problems with the economy go away.
He says that he would negotiate all sorts of good deals with foreign countries, but if you take his argumentative nature into account, that might be easier said than done. His billions of dollar in wealth prove his competency as a businessman, but with no government experience, there"s no proof he"d be able to take that experience successfully into the Oval Office.
Tends to get the facts wrong.
From his claims that Obama wasn"t born in America, to his belief that Mexico is forcing bad people into America, The Don is no stranger to making false statements. The Pulitzer Prize winning website "PolitiFact," which fact-checks statements, has found that the majority of statements made by Trump are false.
An article from the Washington Post actually found plenty of inaccuracies in his announcement speech alone. Donald Trump is perfect for training a fact checker, but he isn"t perfect for being president.
What Donald Trump said during speech:
"When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best. They're sending people who have lots of problems (which include) drugs and being rapists."
"I'm using my own money. I'm not using lobbyists. I'm not using donors. I don't care. I'm really rich."
"I will build a great, great wall on our southern border and I will make Mexico pay for that wall."
"I will be the greatest jobs president that God ever created."
bballcrook21

Pro

http://theodysseyonline.com...

Your entire argument is copied from this source. I refuse to make a counter argument since I have no respect for plagiarists.
Posted by robertacollier 2 years ago
robertacollier
@ Balls Crook

You use the words "you yourself" back-to-back in a sentence and I lack intelligence? Your second sentence is also incorrect. You mean "coherent" not "comprehensive." Lol is an interjection, so it is acceptable in a sentence.

My vote will be removed for what? Maybe you should learn how to debate instead of being a whiner.
Posted by bballcrook21 2 years ago
bballcrook21
Robertacollier, you yourself seem like an unintelligent fellow. You cannot even write a comprehensive sentence without using normal talking terms such as "lol" in it. Refrain from being insulting when you have no room to do so. Also, if you do vote for such a reason, then I will report your vote and it will be removed.
Posted by robertacollier 2 years ago
robertacollier
I am going to vote for noahtherealest in hopes that this becomes a tie. Both of you deserve to lose.
Posted by robertacollier 2 years ago
robertacollier
lol. noahtherealest is such a Democrat loser that he has to copy his entire round from another website. It's so easy enough to compose a laundry list of why Trump is a dick, but noahtherealest is too lazy. He's almost as bad as the other dumbass who would vote for Trump. lol
Posted by robertacollier 2 years ago
robertacollier
So why did you challenge me to a debate if you're against Trump?
Posted by Greg4586 2 years ago
Greg4586
Honestly, I don't support him in any way but who cares if he insulted a woman. If anything it made me respect him a little for saying what he believed was true without caring what people would think. I think he would make a bad president, but saying he wouldn't be because he insulted a woman is a horrible reason.

"He has no right to call her fat and sluggish. " Yes he does actually, just like everyone else he was the right to freedom of speech. He literally does have the right to call her fat and sluggish.

Also saying he is "against our women of America" is absolutely ridiculous. Rose O'Donnell does not represent the "women of America" in any way.
Posted by robertacollier 2 years ago
robertacollier
Rose O'Donnell is not a woman. Sorry, you lose.
Posted by Varrack 2 years ago
Varrack
Just because be insulted one woman doesn't mean he's "against our women of America". If he insulted another man, does that make him against all men?
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
noahtherealestbballcrook21Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Plagerism = autoforfeiture
Vote Placed by ej3467273 2 years ago
ej3467273
noahtherealestbballcrook21Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro wins by default do Con's plagiarism.
Vote Placed by Midnight1131 2 years ago
Midnight1131
noahtherealestbballcrook21Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Plagiarism by Con.
Vote Placed by PericIes 2 years ago
PericIes
noahtherealestbballcrook21Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct goes to Pro for Con's plagiarism. Arguments go to Pro for Con's plagiarism and the irrelevancy of his first round. Spelling and grammar goes to Pro for the bad spelling and grammar in Con's first round. Example: "Rosie O Donald."
Vote Placed by asi14 2 years ago
asi14
noahtherealestbballcrook21Tied
Reasons for voting decision: I vote pro on presumption due to the con's plagarism in the last round.