FirestormOmega
MaxLamperouge

Donald Trump Protesters Seek Restriction of Free Speech

FirestormOmega

Pro

Liberals protesting against Donald Trump should know the way to defeat him is at the voting booth and not silly violent protests. Such protests reveal growing flames of Nazism within the Democratic Party fanned lately by Bernie Sanders. Are Liberal Loons the new Socialist/Nazi Party? Trump deserves to be heard. If you do not like him, come up with intellectual discourse stating your claims with a measure of support and not simple groundless opinions. Liberals seek to restrict free speech simply because they do not like what is being said. Such dying ideology retards the intellect and we call it Politically-correct.
Liberals are the New Nazis/Socialists? https://youtu.be...
MaxLamperouge

Con

Since Pro has failed to provide definitions, I will provide them here.

Protesters: a person who publicly demonstrates strong objection to something; a demonstrator.

Restricition: the limitation or control of someone or something, or the state of being limited or restricted.

Free Speech: the right to express any opinions without censorship or restraint.

I will provide my arguments in the next round.

First round I will politely leave to acceptance.

Max Lamperouge
FirestormOmega

Pro

What is the aim of the protesters against Trump? 1) To exercise their free speech? Hardly. That is what voting booths are for and social networks. There aim seems clear in their hate for Mr. Trump.
MaxLamperouge

Con

Thank you Pro for this exciting debate. Since you kept your arguments short I will as well.

Rebuttals: "What is the aim of the protesters against Trump? 1) To exercise their free speech? Hardly. That is what voting booths are for and social networks. " - Pro.

I disagree with this. They are just protesters. By our definition you accepted they are a "person who publicly demonstrates strong objection to something; a demonstrator." They don't seek restriction of free speech, they are just expressing their free speech. Those who protest Mr. Trump are simply exercising their freedoms. Those who oppose them are the ones who really are after the restriction of free speech.

"There aim seems clear in their hate for Mr. Trump." -Pro.
I would agree, that's why they are protesting, to show that they do not support his thoughts, words, and actions. Not too restrict any free speech. They simply hate him and protest against him because they dislike him, which is lawful.

Donald Trump is disliked by many people. In fact, he holds a 64% unfavorable rating, with only 29% of those polled supporting him.
http://elections.huffingtonpost.com...

It makes sense that people would protest against him since he is so disliked.

Final word: They are not protesting to restrict free speech, they are exercising their free speech by protesting.
FirestormOmega

Pro

FirestormOmega forfeited this round.
MaxLamperouge

Con

My opponent has forfeit.
Vote con.

In conclusion, the Donald Trump protesters protest not to seek the restriction of free speech but to exercise their free speech.

Thanks,
Max Lamperouge
Posted by whiteflame 10 months ago
whiteflame
*******************************************************************
>Reported vote: cgt97// Mod action: Removed<

5 points to Con (Arguments, Sources). Reasons for voting decision: Con provided sources and an argument. Pro forfeited as well.

[*Reason for removal*] As both sides made arguments, the voter is required to assess them as part of his decision. The voter fails to do so, and thus the vote is insufficient.
************************************************************************
Posted by whiteflame 10 months ago
whiteflame
>Reported vote: Brendan21// Mod action: Removed<

3 points to Pro (Arguments). Reasons for voting decision: Con did a very nice job of demonstrating how protesters are not trying to restrict freedom of speech but are actually exercising it themselves. Pro provided no proof that Trump protesters wish to restrict freedom of speech.

[*Reason for removal*] (1) The voter fails to explain conduct. (2) Regardless of whether or not the voter believes that Pro was topical, the voter is still required to assess a specific point of Pro's in order to make clear where that determination is coming from.
Posted by TheVeza 10 months ago
TheVeza
If you have your Hate for Trump, and you express it, that is your right. After all Trump will agree and will withheld political correctness.

There is nothing wrong with hating Trump considering the hate he shows to certain groups of people.

Before I am misidentified as a Trump hater. I would like to clarify that I am not, and that I actually support Trump due to his "head-on" approach and lack political correctness. I truly belief by ego alone, he sees it is his duty to be the president of our country and do good by it. I do not find him to be innately hateful, only underexposed to humanity's potential to be proper people that live with one another in this imperfect world.

I would prefer to live in this country without the TSA, and pussyfooting against terrorism for human reasons is not in my belief. I want Isis to be target, each and every one of them by elite teams from our military, they must be found and incapacitated with methods that are still surely less extreme than these terrorist still try to do.
Posted by MaxLamperouge 10 months ago
MaxLamperouge
I accept