KasperKid
AntLove

Donald Trump i not a racist

AntLove has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 1 month ago Status: Debating Period

KasperKid

Pro

No way is he racist. I'm just not seeing it. Enlighten me.
AntLove

Con

President Donald Trump has targeted Mexicans and Muslims. Mainly in him claiming that Mexico will pay for the wall (which he hasn't made yet, along with other things he claimed to do by now.) And suggesting a travel ban on Muslims, Witch by now is in full effect. Yet another time he was racist was when he claimed a judge was biased because he's a Mexican, "He's a Mexican," Trump told CNN. "We're building a wall between here and Mexico. The answer is, he is giving us very unfair rulings " rulings that people can't even believe." Which is unfair in the sense he is a judge meaning he is an American citizen; an American citizen has no reason to be biased towards the building of the wall between Mexico and America. Even members of Trump's own party slammed the racist remarks. "Claiming a person can't do their job because of their race is sort of like the textbook definition of a racist comment," House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) said, though he clarified that he still endorsed Trump. In fact, discrimination against black people has been a pattern throughout Trump's career Workers at Trump's casinos in Atlantic City, New Jersey, The New Jersey Casino Control Commission fined the Trump Plaza Hotel and Casino $200,000 in 1992 because managers would remove African-American card dealers at the request of a certain big-spending gambler. Which is unexpectable as a president or business owner, picking favorites is never expectable. What that says about his followers worries me even more, his followers are obviously racists, and people tend to follow others who believe the same thing.

Sorces: https://www.huffingtonpost.com...
KasperKid

Pro

Thank you for accepting my argument. First and foremost, I notice that your source is from a liberal site that has little to no respect for Trump. Going on, Mexican and Muslim are not races. Mexican is a nationality, and Muslim is a religion. A Caucasian guy born in Mexico with Mexican parents is a Mexican. A African American who practices the Muslim religion is a Muslim. Their for, it is not racist to build a wall or make a ban. And your statement on how Donald is racist toward African Americans is also wrong. https://www.youtube.com... - one source. My next source includes another argument, but has necessary evidence gathered into one video. - https://www.youtube.com... - I also find it funny that people are just now making a big deal about him being "racist" now that he won. Please do not forfeit. Thanks.
AntLove

Con

1. I'm new to debate so please excuse me
2. For the sake of this debate, I'm going to bring any offensive thing directed towards religion, race, beliefs, and sexuality.
3. I'm determined I'm not forfeiting.

Moving on with my argument, Trump showed bigotry by disrespecting the Gold Star parents who were Muslim. He would not bad mouth the neo-nazis when they killed the woman who was protesting but shifted the blame to the liberals. He constantly calls Elizabeth Warren Pocahontas as a racial slur since she had indicated that she had some Native American in her heritage as discussed by family. Particularly if you knew about Trump's long history of making derogatory comments about Native Americans, you would know what he said. One specific instance he said:

"I just want to thank you because you're very, very special people. You were here long before any of us were here, although we have a representative in Congress who, they say, was here a long time ago. They call her "Pocahontas." But you know what, I like you because you are special. You are special people. [Trump]"

First of all, "they" don't call Sen. Warren "Pocahontas." Only Trump does. Her family lore has it that she has some Native American ancestry, stressing the word little. He always condemns and calls for the "wall" whenever there has been a mass killing if the perpetrator is black, Muslim or Hispanic, but if the perpetrator is white ( and usually a neo-nazi or other religious zealot) he has nothing to tweet or say, and sweeps it under the rug. Most recently he did not invite a prominent black journalist to the yearly Christmas dinner ( she"s been to the last 20 years). As well as no LGTB journalists as well. Unless you are white, male heterosexual and "supposedly " Christian, he has no use for you.

http://theweek.com...
http://www.latimes.com...
https://www.nytimes.com...
KasperKid

Pro

Once again, my opponent uses all liberal sites and ignores the statements Trump has made about the KKK and racism. Donald has never done anything remotely racist. Saying "you are very special people" or calling someone a native American name is not racist. He has the right to fire whomever he wants, and it probably docent have anything to do with race. Trump has fired a ton of people, and the majority have been white anyway. Please look over my sources
Posted by AntLove 4 weeks ago
AntLove
Yes, I finished what I had to do. I'm new to debate so I simply haven't learned to balance time abd school.
Posted by KasperKid 4 weeks ago
KasperKid
hmmm fascinating.... and you just now show up,onlya few hours after I post my comment.... wow...
Posted by AntLove 4 weeks ago
AntLove
I had to catch-up on personal business...I have a life you know.
Posted by KasperKid 1 month ago
KasperKid
"I'm determined I'm not forfeiting." said my opponent. WOW.
Posted by Alphamus 1 month ago
Alphamus
interesting question. id pin him as more ignorant than racist - although there's certainly some overlap. He's just a product of his era and upbringing, which I'm sure wasn't as ideal as it could be. (think Mad Men :) ) Dont take him too seriously, keep America's legislative powers in check, and have faith :)
Posted by Masterful 1 month ago
Masterful
Con used 'witch' instead of which
Pro used their for instead of 'therefore'

lmao
Posted by nobleislandbag 1 month ago
nobleislandbag
Every person has a bit of racism in them. I don't see the strong racism in the president that I see in other people, but of course it's there.
Posted by nobleislandbag 1 month ago
nobleislandbag
Posted by KasperKid 1 month ago
KasperKid
hey Nd2400. challenge me.
Posted by BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2 1 month ago
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2
He's not racist at all.