monim14
rangerofthewest

Donald Trump is the best choice for President

monim14

Pro

Honestly, I just feel like many people do not give Donald Trump enough credit. He has a strong character that many people lack and DO need. Donald Trump is exactly what America needs; he knows how to push and nag and get his point across, he understands that he doesn't have to "fix" himself to fit in with what other people's views are; he's just a man with much needed qualities in a leader. Everything Donald Trump has said is nothing new to what have already been problems in the United States for many years already so why the riot against him? Problems in the United States were created by previous presidents. In the debates, it is easy to see that Trump definitely has all his priorities straight. He has strong and pronounced skills that are much needed in someone to lead this country. There is just no such way that the people of America can go wrong with Donald Trump. Many people say that once Donald takes on the presidency, America will go down in ruins. America is already in ruins, as I said, whatever is whatever is wrong with out country today, is due to the choices of other previous leaders. If Trump makes poor choices for our country, so what? It's not like he'd be able to do anything to fix the damage already done.
In college, I took and interpersonal communications class. The knowledge I acquired from that class has become very helpful when seeing how all these other politicians running for president are fake and trained on how to make it sound like they care for this country. Trump is the only candidate that makes it obvious what his true intentions are and how he really feels. Trump isn't afraid to show his true colors unlike the other candidates. He's not afraid to chase what he wants as long as his goal is met. There is no one better for our country.
rangerofthewest

Con

A brief outline - first, I will be discussing Trump's priorities, then America's "ruins", the ramifications of poor choices as presidency, and then space permitting, some reasons as to why Trump should not be voted president. To preface my argument, I would like to say that I write this tersely for the sake of space.

First, Trump's so-called priorities and skills. Anyone can say that a problem exists and it needs to be fixed. In fact, Trump isn't even the only one, as the pro claims - Bernie Sanders is a prime example of how other candidates are recognizing the issues within American society today. Trump is NOT the only candidate with his priorities straight, and in fact, to prove this point, go back and review any presidential debate throughout this election season. This much is clear. Additionally, it is the pro's burden of proof to show that Trump has the skills necessary to lead his company, but for the sake of argumentation, I would like to point out Trump has been bankrupt four times - if he himself can't even lead his company and manage his finances responsibly, how can we expect him to manage our country appropriately? That's the first major point.

Secondly, "no such way the people of America can go wrong with Trump, because America is already in ruins." Actually, while this may be true, I'd like to reiterate that we have been taking steps to fix this problems. My opponent is very vague about what ruins America is in, what problems we are facing - so I will define some of these problems, and the reforms that have been passed to fix them. War is being minimized, health care reforms are being passed, Wall Street reforms are being passed, the automotive industry is gaining, our economy has been improving since 2012, surveillance reforms have been passed, numerous problems have been fixed and are being continued to be fixed on an ongoing basis - but only by the people who have the know-how to run a country responsibly. These aren't people who have bankrupted themselves four times, these are people who actually know what they were doing. Additionally, the statement that says "If Trump makes poor choices for our country, so what? It's not like he can fix any problems!"

Then why vote for him? Why not vote for someone who can make a difference and / or knows what they are doing - Bernie Sanders, Ted Cruz, Rubio even are prime examples of experienced candidates who have been responsible for numerous reforms and would be plausible candidates because of their knowledge and experience.

However, with all of this put to the side, there is one blaring point that stands, even if my opponent refutes all my other arguments. Trump may be a brilliant candidate (which until proven contrary, he isn't) - but he lacks one critical component that makes him a valid president. He is not tactful. He speaks his mind, and he does it very ungracefully. Such behavior around key allies, that are very tenuously maintained (such as China), will only serve to escalate tensions and possibly provoke a cold cyberwar or worse. A president has to be tactful to protect the diplomacy of his nation, and that is something that Trump lacks significantly.

In conclusion, Trump is a non-ideal candidate, because of his lack of experience and tact, and that reforms are already taking place under the leadership of a more experienced candidate. Until the pro can prove that the lack of tact and diplomacy, and the lack of valid leadership and experience skills will not prove detrimental to societal norms and the nation as a whole, the con has won today's debate.
monim14

Pro

monim14 forfeited this round.
rangerofthewest

Con

As my opponent has conceded the debate, the con has won.
monim14

Pro

monim14 forfeited this round.
rangerofthewest

Con

rangerofthewest forfeited this round.
monim14

Pro

monim14 forfeited this round.
rangerofthewest

Con

rangerofthewest forfeited this round.
monim14

Pro

monim14 forfeited this round.
rangerofthewest

Con

rangerofthewest forfeited this round.
Posted by monim14 1 year ago
monim14
Hello Chancerbershaw!

Nice to meet you, I would like to know what you makes you want a woman instead of a man as president as it has been for ages?
Posted by canis 1 year ago
canis
I am not from the US. But we could need a guy like that in Europe. But i do not know if he is a "cleaner" or a "dreamer".
Posted by LaughingRiddle 1 year ago
LaughingRiddle
Unfortunately trump is the ONLY man for president because he is the ONLY one not apathetic about the genocide facing the people of the west. A vote for anyone else is a vote for de facto genocide. End of story. His skills are irrelevant, he is the only one who could possibly ever reverse the destruction of humanities greatest hope for progress. Western civilization.
Posted by chancebershaw 1 year ago
chancebershaw
I'd like to see Hillary clinton as president. Or just a girl.
Posted by EthanTheEEL 1 year ago
EthanTheEEL
I think Ted Cruz should be president, and I would accept, but I have a lot of homework lately...