lord_megatron
fire_wings

Donald Trump should be in ddo big issues list

lord_megatron

lord_megatron

Pro

If Barrack Obama can be in the list, then surely Donald Trump should be there.
fire_wings

Con

I will make my case right now.

The Burden of Proof

The Burden of Proof is shared. Pro needs to show that Donald Trump should be in the list because Barack Obama is not there. I will say the opposite.

Argument 1: Juggle

Juggle is the "company" of the site. They bought it. There are somethings even Airmax cannot do. But Juggle can do it. You see, Juggle abandoned this site. We can't change the forum topics the big issues or anything. The last time they changed it was 4 years ago. Juggle even hasn't updated their own site for few years. Do you think they will update ours? No. Juggle gets money from the ads, so for them, they don't need to update our site. It's free. The only thing they get money from is the ads. They still get money. So, they don't update our site, which means that the big issues won't be updated

Argument 2: Fairness

Barack Obama is a president. Donald Trump is running. That is different. Was Obama and his compeitior there? No. Therefore, of fairness, Donald Trump is not there.

Therefore, Vote Con.
lord_megatron

Pro

Argument 1- Juggle- I said Donald trump should be in the list, not will be. There's a difference.
Argument 2- Barrack Obama's turn is at an end, will Juggle update it now?
Argument 3- Barrack Obama is a president, but then why are the other nations' presidents not here? That is certainly discrimination.
Even if Donald Trump doesn't become president, will he fulfill his claims or not? What if he becomes a private weapons contractor and starts blasting ISIS? Donald Trump is one serious and big issue.
fire_wings

Con

I will rebut my opponent's arguments right now.

Rebuttal 1: "I said Donald trump should be in the list, not will be. There's a difference."

Even though you say should, Juggle will not do this. My argument was that Juggle will not or should not do this because they are lazy people. This argument is rebutted

Rebuttal 2: "Barrack Obama's turn is at an end, will Juggle update it now?"

That, I don't know. That is not part of the resolution. The resolution is about Donald Trump, not Barack Obama. Therefore, this argument is rebutted.

Rebuttal 3: "Barrack Obama is a president, but then why are the other nations' presidents not here? That is certainly discrimination."

This is clearly not in the resolution, but I will just say it. Debate.org is a U.S. site, so there are only US things. But other country people can go in too, but the site is mostly based on the U.S.

My opponent fails to fulfill his burden, and fails to rebut my arguments. Most of my opponent's arguments were off-topic, and they were bare assertions. Therefore, vote Con.
lord_megatron

Pro

Juggle will not do it but should do it, because of the grand claims Donald Trump is making. And if Juggle hasn't updated for 4 years, I can bet Barrack Obama will still be in the big issues despite being a former president. Still, a good debate, and I didn't really research, so I lack points. Good luck to con
fire_wings

Con

Juggle isn't doing it. They should not do it, because they get payed for the ads, not get payed for editiing the site. Because they are lazy, they won't.

I rebutted all my opponent's claims, and my opponent failed to rebut mine. Vote for Con.
Posted by whiteflame 1 year ago
whiteflame
*******************************************************************
>Reported vote: Balacafa// Mod action: NOT Removed<

3 points to Pro (Arguments). Reasons for voting decision: See the comments section.

[*Reason for non-removal*] This is the third time this vote has been reported, and the third time it will be upheld. Unless the reporter wishes to discuss this issue with me personally, future reports will be ignored.
************************************************************************
Posted by whiteflame 1 year ago
whiteflame
>Reported vote: Lexus// Mod action: NOT Removed<

3 points to Pro (Arguments). Reasons for voting decision: Con makes the dangerous assumption that is==ought, that is, that because Juggle won't do something, that it shouldn't be done. This isn't very persuasive, particularly because they dropped the 1st arg in R2, a clear refutation. The affirmative literally says at R2 that Trump is a "big issue" so should be on the list, and in R3 that Trump is notable enough for the list -- I don't see any responses to these arguments. At the end, pro has points that are dropped, clear win.

[*Reason for non-removal*] The voter clearly addresses specific arguments made by both sides, and examines the outcome of the debate based on both points.
Posted by fire_wings 1 year ago
fire_wings
You didn't.
Posted by Balacafa 1 year ago
Balacafa
What do you mean, I only addressed your weakest argument? You only made 2 arguments and I addressed both of them.
Posted by fire_wings 1 year ago
fire_wings
I never really read the usual standards, I just read Bsh1's, so I didn't know. Sorry.
Posted by whiteflame 1 year ago
whiteflame
fire_wings, in this regard, the voting standards have always been pretty clear. We never specified a number of arguments for either side that a voter has to cover (though we've stated multiple times that it's not "all major arguments" in various public forums), but we also made an opt in voting standard that clearly increased the requirements in terms of coverage.
Posted by fire_wings 1 year ago
fire_wings
@tej, sorry, I was ridiculous that the voting standards were so vague.
Posted by tejretics 1 year ago
tejretics
>then from now on, I will only represent one argument from each position.

You know, that's definitely one of the things that can result in a permanent suspension from the Voter's Union.
Posted by fire_wings 1 year ago
fire_wings
@whiteflame, but it is unfair that the voter addressed my worst argument, and not my best, when he addressed all of Pro's arguments. The voter just said that I dropped the arguments, when I clearly addressed them. The vote is unfair for my side.
Posted by whiteflame 1 year ago
whiteflame

3 points to Con (Arguments). Reasons for voting decision: See the comments section.

[*Reason for non-removal*] The vote is sufficient. The voter clearly analyzes arguments made by both sides and comes to a decision on that basis. The voter is not required to exhaustively cover all major points under this voting system, though that is the case under the opt-in standards.
Vote Placed by Lexus 1 year ago
Lexus
lord_megatronfire_wingsTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con makes the dangerous assumption that is==ought, that is, that because Juggle won't do something, that it shouldn't be done. This isn't very persuasive, particularly because they dropped the 1st arg in R2, a clear refutation. The affirmative literally says at R2 that Trump is a "big issue" so should be on the list, and in R3 that Trump is notable enough for the list -- I don't see any responses to these arguments. At the end, pro has points that are dropped, clear win.
Vote Placed by Balacafa 1 year ago
Balacafa
lord_megatronfire_wingsTied
Reasons for voting decision: See the comments section.