DongJuan21
Petfish

Donald Trump shouldn't be president.

Petfish

DongJuan21

Pro

You can't really say Trump is a good candidate because you really don't know where he stands on anything. Donald Trump can say whatever he wants because he doesn't have to back it up. Smarter candidates like Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders, who have experience, know that whatever you say now will have to be done later. Do you really believe Congress would approve a ban on all Muslims, or building all these walls Trump talks about? Not a chance. A ban on Muslims would also be challenged in court, and would be overturned with 100 percent certainty. Trump is actually the worst candidate because he understands the least about how governments work. A total lack of experience.

He doesn't really want to be President, he just wants a platform for his ideas to be heard by everyone.

Whoever votes for him is definitely stupid.

He calls Mexicans "killers, criminals, drug dealers, and convicts" and then tries to justify that by saying "I have Mexican friends." Get it through your head Trump. You aren't qualified to be president and especially not in the USA, the place with the most immigrants.

He's extremely racist, which is totally unacceptable. He wants to ban anyone that is not Christian and white from living in America. You can all call him misunderstood, but anyone who says Hitler is his favorite motivational speaker and wants to deport massive amounts of harmless, respectful, and legal immigrants has a serious problem.

He should be deported, not the Mexicans. My parents are Mexican and I will be sad if I loose them. Donald trump get a life and think about what could happen if you do this.

He's racist. And stuck-up. Well, anything on this list is true. Donald Trump fans must think again.
Petfish

Con

Thanks, Pro, for instigating this debate.

Plagiarism

My opponent seems to have plagiarised from these comments. http://www.thetoptens.com...
However, I will give my opponent the benefit of the doubt and assume that my opponent wrote each comment from that website.

Rebuttals:

"You can't really say Trump is a good candidate because you really don't know where he stands on anything."

I believe this line of reasoning is unsound. I know where Trump stands on a lot of things. For instance, I've included a Youtube link. It is clear that Trump is standing on a red carpet.[1] Also, presidential candidates aren't bad just because I don't know anything.

"Smarter candidates like Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders, who have experience, know that whatever you say now will have to be done later."

Is my opponent familiar with all the false promises/statements that come from ALL presidential candidates?[2] Every candidate lies their head off. I even lied about being a democratic socialist in my first debate.

"Do you really believe Congress would approve a ban on all Muslims, or building all these walls Trump talks about? Not a chance. A ban on Muslims would also be challenged in court, and would be overturned with 100 percent certainty. "

Something isn't wrong just because it would be challenged in court. If we stuck with the court's decision, we would still have legal segregation.[3]

"Trump is actually the worst candidate because he understands the least about how governments work. A total lack of experience."

My opponent has not shown how Trump understands the least about how government works. You can be inexperienced, but still completely understanding something. It's called being smart. Donald Trump says he is very smart.[4] Until my opponent can show that the Trump does not understand government, we dismiss this argument.

"Whoever votes for him is definitely stupid."

That's just the condition of all humanity. It does not reflect the Trump in any way.

"He calls Mexicans "killers, criminals, drug dealers, and convicts" and then tries to justify that by saying "I have Mexican friends." Get it through your head Trump. You aren't qualified to be president and especially not in the USA, the place with the most immigrants."

Please show me where Trump said this. Also, please show how calling a group "killers, criminals, drug dealers, convicts" makes one unqualified for president. It could be the case that every single person on Earth is a killer, criminal, drug dealer and convict in their sleep.

"He's extremely racist, which is totally unacceptable. He wants to ban anyone that is not Christian and white from living in America. You can all call him misunderstood, but anyone who says Hitler is his favorite motivational speaker and wants to deport massive amounts of harmless, respectful, and legal immigrants has a serious problem."

Newsflash: Abe Lincoln was racist. Here's just one quote:
“And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race.”

Again, where did Donald Trump say these things? Please provide links.

"He should be deported, not the Mexicans. My parents are Mexican and I will be sad if I loose them. Donald trump get a life and think about what could happen if you do this."

This is an example of the anecdotal fallacy.[6]

"He's racist. And stuck-up. Well, anything on this list is true. Donald Trump fans must think again."

My opponent has not given sufficient reasons why the KKK and Hillary Clinton must think again.

Conclusion:
My opponent uses a lot of name calling in his attack on Donald Trump. While it's true that the Trump might be possibly fallable, every human makes mistakes. I don't really see a good argument why Trump shouldn't be president. Even if he is a bad president, it may result in some greater good. So we really don't have any grounds to support the resolution.

[1]https://www.youtube.com...;
[2]http://www.politifact.com...;
[3]https://en.wikipedia.org...;
[4] https://twitter.com...
[5]http://atlantablackstar.com...
[6]https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com...;
DongJuan21

Pro

DongJuan21 forfeited this round.
Petfish

Con

Please vote!
Posted by whiteflame 10 months ago
whiteflame
*******************************************************************
>Reported vote: BackCommander// Mod action: Removed<

7 points to Pro. Reasons for voting decision: Con wasn't rude, but wasn't civil either. Pro made much better points without resorting to simply pointing out technicalities.

[*Reason for removal*] (1) The voter doesn't explain S&G or sources. (2) Conduct is insufficiently explained. Rudeness is necessary for awarding conduct. (3) Arguments are insufficiently explained. Merely stating that one side had better points just restates the decision without examining why the voter finds Pro so convincing.
************************************************************************
Posted by Akhenaten 10 months ago
Akhenaten
Sorry, Yankees, but Trump is your best bet. That is, if you want to avoid America from turning into a communist and government orientated country over run by foreigners.
Posted by ruairi50 10 months ago
ruairi50
I'm sorry, but you honestly think Bernie will get more bills passed through congress than Trump? I mean, many of Trump's ideas are lunacy but at least they aren't national suicide like Bernie's.
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 10 months ago
dsjpk5
DongJuan21PetfishTied
Reasons for voting decision: Plagiarism.
Vote Placed by Sipiri 10 months ago
Sipiri
DongJuan21PetfishTied
Reasons for voting decision: My biases: A yellow dog would be a better president than Trump. Conduct: Against pro for plagiarism and forfeiture. Spelling/grammar: tied Arguments: Con dropped two arguments, but in my judgement sufficiently addressed pro's points. Sources: con was the only one to provide sources.