hopsen12
Spartan9876

Donald Trump will truly "Make America great again".

hopsen12

Con

Hello all,

With my recent indulgence in politics, I find there to be an extreme dispute on whether Donald J Trump is a proper choice in presidency for the USA. My arguments will reiterate my standing of Mr. Trump being unqualified to take the position of President of the USA. My opponent will be Pro-Trump, and is required to surface arguments on how Mr. Trump will be a proper fit for the presidency of the USA.

The rounds will be carried out as follows:

R1 - Acceptance (No rebuttals)
R2 - Opening Arguments/Rebuttals
R3 - Counter Arguments/Rebuttals
R4 - Counter Arguments/Rebuttals
R5 - Closing Arguments, Closing Statements

If my opponent makes any mockery towards me, or makes a rebuttal in R1, they will be eliminated from the debate for misconduct, declaring me as the victor. Argument submissions will have a time slot of 72 hours. An argument is permitted 10,000 characters. The voting will be in 7 point form, and will last for 10 days. I wish my opponent the best of luck.

- Garrett Case
Spartan9876

Pro

I accept this debate; however I want you to be informed that I am not a Trump Supporter, I am in fact the very opposite. With that begin said, I can play devils advocate.
hopsen12

Con

hopsen12 forfeited this round.
Spartan9876

Pro

When Trump says that he "will make America great again", what does this mean? You see, the word 'great' is subjective; we all have different opinions of what would make America great.
We cannot truly say he can't make it great again due to the sheer multitude of opinions over the word 'great.' In Trumps opinion, his version of 'great' might be easy to enact, thus, he could make America 'great' again. It is all a matter of perspective. Ergo, this point is frivolous.

Moreover, who determines who is qualified to be president? Do you choose? Do I? Does your Supreme Court? Who chooses is the question I ask you. Or, is it the voters who choose? If 60% of Americans vote for Trump, does that make him qualified if most Americans think he is?
Do you see how tricky this question is?
hopsen12

Con

hopsen12 forfeited this round.
Spartan9876

Pro

Read my above post.
hopsen12

Con

hopsen12 forfeited this round.
Spartan9876

Pro

Spartan9876 forfeited this round.
hopsen12

Con

hopsen12 forfeited this round.
Spartan9876

Pro

Spartan9876 forfeited this round.
Posted by hopsen12 1 year ago
hopsen12
My computer hasn't been working for the past few weeks. I just recently went in to have it repaired. Due to such absence, I declare forfeiture.
Posted by Stonehe4rt 1 year ago
Stonehe4rt
If we had Trump for President there is no doubt America would grow. However it would grow not only powerful but selfish. It would "Wall" itself away from the world, and crush those who get in its way. We already do not pay our debts, America has become the villain of the world, stealing money and beating anyone who asks for it back. I mean who would pick a fight for us for the Trillion some dollar debt we have? We could sell all of America and we wouldnt have enough money. Trump would just reinforce this bully attitude but that is not the direction America was founded to go. We should reach out, help those suffering. And not with half baked effort. But with our everything we should take control of the major warzones and teach the civilians how to fight for themselves. We have people dying and being raped every second over in the East. 300 young girls, or now mothers were kidnapped and forced. What did america do? Nothing. We spoke about it a lot, Asked for their release but never did anythign else. The civilians formed miltias to defend themselves since it is worse than a Post apocalypse over there. But America isnt helping with that. We just want the oil. Marco Rubio has given great ideas of how we can finally make a difference without sacrificing so many of our own men, but still use our full effort. If anyone would make us "Great" it would be Rubio. Trump can lead America down the selfish, me, me, me path and some may see that as Great, however the Great I want to see is a kind, strong, selfless America.
Posted by geho89 1 year ago
geho89
Ya, because Donald Trump represents the majority of everybody's opinions and values. It is reasonable to judge a society based on the bottom of the barrel. /s
Posted by missmedic 1 year ago
missmedic
America deserves Trump for President. There are both angry hateful bigoted and self serving.