selena16
lyokowarri0r

Donald Trump

Started: 4/28/2016 Category: Economics

selena16

Con

Donald Trump should not become President, he is building a wall on the Mexican border, for illegal immigrants when the Americans do it to, and so do other countries. So why build the wall, people have Families in Mexico. All countries have people who cross the borders and break laws.
lyokowarri0r

Pro

Look, I do not like Trump. He is not politically knowledgeable and probably will be bad for this country. BUT... I am bothered when I see people use the word "should". If he wins the majority of the delegates at the RNC, then he "should" win the nomination. If he wins the majority in the general election then he "should" win the presidency. Understand that there is a difference between should and what I think. Also understand that his policies are gaining support. A wall is a solution to problem that many Americans see along the border. It may not seem to be the best but I believe in the democratic system. It sometimes spits out something bad, but we can not just say no because we do not like it.
selena16

Con

Okay here is the news flash he does not deserve to be president, the main one who deserves to win is Bernie Sanders, but my main concern is how he is being towards Mexico, Mexico hasn't built a wall to keep the Americans out so why should he do that to Mexico. Also believe that he has no right to become president since he seems to think of woman as lower than men agree that is very unpolitical and he does not think of the precautions of his acts.
lyokowarri0r

Pro

News flash - the democratic system does not bend to your whim. Elections are not based on "deserving" to win, they are based on public support. Trump is outside of the system that many has seen has hurting America, and that is appealing to many. We don't have a emigration problem, we have a immigration problem. The issue is that the welfare programs that are good and being stressed by the influx of immigrants. The concept of supporting legal immigration is not insane. We need to fix the system, but the wall, in theory, has support of the majority of Republicans. He is of age and is a American...he has a right to be president. This is simple. You do not have to like him, but he is winning.
selena16

Con

If you agree that you don't want him to be president why are you debating with me about him, it is kind of ironic you don't want him as president but yet you are debating for him. If he is not political, he does not believe in women's rights and he is main accusing Mexicans for the illegal immigration when it is all countries that do it including Americans. I am against him, just because he has most of the representatives doesn't mean that he has most of the people of the united states. Yes he is American, yes he is in the race. The real question is he the right person to be the president of the united states. Is he going to be able to uphold his promises, is he going to help the people, will he follow the Constitution or the Bill Of Rights?
lyokowarri0r

Pro

The resolution and initial claim is "Donald Trump should not become President", this implies that no matter what, he should not win. I say that I believe in the democratic system. If he wins the majority, he wins. We cannot just say so and so cannot run because of such and such. We have done this for every election. He is black, he is old, he is catholic, he is too young...now he is not refined enough. He has policy, he has support, thus, he can win.
Posted by selena16 7 months ago
selena16
That is where you are wrong it was argue over the fact That I believed that Donald trump should not become president.
Posted by Yugandda 7 months ago
Yugandda
If I could vote, pro wins: The entire debate was argued over the definition of: should. Con ignored the basic moral definition of should
Posted by selena16 7 months ago
selena16
Yeah lol, you are right but If it comes to that I am glad I can't vote yet.
Posted by lyokowarri0r 7 months ago
lyokowarri0r
Understood. My mother is from Peru. I doubt Trump could even point to it on the map. The things is that we must understand is that really does have support even if his ideas seem extreme. At this moment, it looks like he will win the Republican nomination and move on against the front runner Hillary Clinton. For many, this is a choice of the greater of two evils.
Posted by selena16 7 months ago
selena16
The main reason I am offend sorta by trump is because My dad is from mexico and some of my family lives there and I I don't know what I would if I couldn't see them. lol
Posted by selena16 7 months ago
selena16
lol, same.
Posted by lyokowarri0r 7 months ago
lyokowarri0r
Cool. Thanks. I am more of a Sanders fan myself.
Posted by selena16 7 months ago
selena16
Because you are a good debater and I had fun.
Posted by lyokowarri0r 7 months ago
lyokowarri0r
Why friends?
Posted by selena16 7 months ago
selena16
I meant to say republicans not representatives sorry