Eternalz
WilliamSchulz

Donald trump should get impeached

Eternalz has forfeited round #3.

Eternalz

Con

I'm new to this site so I'm just trying to squeeze in a debate lol. Here's the rules.

1.Use sources to back up claims
2.Use correct grammar and spelling.
3. Stay on topic

If you have accepted the above rules, make a post saying you have accepted the rules and start by stating your argument. Thanks.

PRO IS IN FAVOUR OF TRUMP GETTING IMPEACHED

CON IS AGAINST TRUMP GETTING IMPEACHED
WilliamSchulz

Pro

Hey, this is William Schulz and I will be arguing that Donald Trump should be impeached, due to his Russian relationships in 2016, the firing of Comey, and his reactions on social media and actions taken as president. Good Luck to my opponent.
Eternalz

Con

Good luck to my opponent as well.

I believe Trump should not be impeached. He was elected into office fairly. His ties with Russia are very complicated and are still being investigated. His ties to Russia are mostly through his advisors, and through a complicated web we find Russia at the end. However, at the moment there is no solid evidence for Trump's connections to Russia that would be enough for him to get impeached.

Comey was fired on May 9, not for his statement on Russia but because of his attorney generals. The white house released the statement, "President Trump acted based on the clear recommendations of both Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein and Attorney General Jeff Sessions." Attorney General Rod Rosenstein was not pleased with Comey's way of handling the Hillary Clinton email scandal. Comey held a press conference sometime in July, stating that Hillary should not be charged for her actions, but then reopened the investigation sometime in october 2016. In my opinion, this is very unprofessional of an FBI Director and I agree with Rosensteins's suggestions towards Trump.

Here's a fitting quote from White house press secretary Sarah Huckaby Sanders.

Sanders, May 10: "I think he"s heard from the rank and file of the FBI, but particularly someone who had done a thorough review and someone who has the respect and reputation that the deputy attorney general has, he took that seriously. He took the recommendation seriously. And he made a decision based on that."

Thank you and good luck.
WilliamSchulz

Pro

Hello Eternalz, for the structure of this argument, I will first assert my points, and not rebut any statements until round 3. However, I may refute points to advance my own thought process.

Firstly, Trump should be impeached based on the fact that he can not follow the first amendment. This may be an odd claim, but you have to look at it through a legal spectrum. The first amendment gives any person / group the right or freedom to speak, condone religion, and share ideas. However, a clause of the first amendment and Supreme Court cases have proven that the first amendment can not directly harm or slander another person. To provide an example, take the Westboro Baptist Church v. Synder. In this case, the Westboro Baptist Church trounced upon the death of Synder's son, who was a colonel. The signs stated "God hates f**s" and "You're going to h*ll." However, despite the speech, the Westboro Baptist Church won 8-1 because the speech did not DIRECTLY harm a person. It attacked soldiers as a whole and not Synder's son personally. However, take Trump, who directly attacks people such as Hillary Clinton or Barack Obama. Such examples of tweets include Obama has "No problem lying to the American public," or "Obama rigged the Trump tower with satalites," or Obama is "a racist." These are relevent and coming from 2016-2017, and all of them are in the Trump Twitter Archive athttp://www.trumptwitterarchive.com....

You mention that Trump was elected into office fairly, and keep in mind, that is absolutely true. However, while you can't hack a voter base, you can hack how people see a canidate versus another, which is exactly where Trump's Russian Relations come in. Currently, evidence is being debated on Capitol Hill under an investigation where people are presenting evidence for both sides. For that reason, please provide me with evidence that proves that there is no solid evidence to prove Trump guilty. For the purposes of this debate, I will share a couple sources with you regarding this information. According to https://www.politico.com..., seven charts are depicted where various people in the 2016 campain and Trump's current cabinet point to Russian relationships. In the next round, I will hear your rebutall for this and add some detail, but as of now, I have provided you people with the means that should make Trump look suspicious of meddling in the election. There is a clause that states innocent until proven guilty, and I am hoping that over the course of the debate, I can convince viewers that Trump is in relations with Russia over 2016, so as to add to my resume against Trump.

Finally, I would like to call into question Trump's actions toward Puerto Rico. This is because a problem arose that affected a major area, that Trump disregarded. Now, the president should not have to respond to EVERY problem that arises, and that is where I expect Trump to use logic and reasoning to deduce that Puerto Rico was a crisis and needed absolute attention. After being hit from a C4 Hurricane head on, early photos showed widespread damage throughout the whole country and flooding throughout. This I ask con this; Is it okay for Trump to disregard a country with over 3,000,000 citizens after a natural disaster hit. Would Trump do what he did if the same storm hit Washington D.C? Early death tolls showed the count to be about 40-50 people, however 400 indirectly died because of the situation that Trump refused to solve. In a tweet by the mayor of San Juan, "We need clean water!" If Trump can not provide the people with basic necessities of life and instead chucking paper towels at random members, is he really deserving of our presidency?

This round, I made my opening statements, concerning Trump's free speech, Russian ties, and crisis in Puerto Rico. In the next round, I will begin to attack my opponent's views, while adding infomation to Russia and bringing up other instances of Trump's issues, such as racism and buisness ties, from DT Jr. to DT Sr.

Thank you for your time, and I pass the argument to my opponent.
Posted by WilliamSchulz 8 months ago
WilliamSchulz
I apoligize in advance for any spelling / grammar misstakes that I make.
Posted by Eternalz 8 months ago
Eternalz
Yes I understand some of you feel that Trump should not get impeached. However, this is a popular topic right now and that is why I chose it. Personally, I believe Trump should not be impeached. I'm new to this site so I was just trying to squeeze in a debate.
Posted by Cute_Pirate 8 months ago
Cute_Pirate
Is that the same as being imprisoned within a peach?
Posted by Jay1980 8 months ago
Jay1980
For what? He didn't do anything wrong.
Posted by Debating_Horse 8 months ago
Debating_Horse
Good luck Eternalz!
Posted by Nd2400 8 months ago
Nd2400
Unfortunately trump haven't done anything to get impeached. Don't like him. But he actually has gotten better at being a President. He will still say stupid things and he may even tweets some stupidity out there. But even that is getting less and less. Another important factor is as long as he just talk and don't act on what he is saying. Things will be fine...