Cold-Mind
9spaceking

Don't break a rule game

Cold-Mind
Voting Style: Open Point System: Select Winner

Cold-Mind

Pro

Voting rules:
First one to break a game rule loses the game(debate).
If neither player breaks a game rule, debate will remain tied(no one will vote)

Game rules:
1) In each Round, participant(Pro/Con) must make at least 3 new game rules.
2) Rules can not refer to only 1 participant. All rules must refer to both participants.
3) Rule must not require participant to do something outside of the debate.
4) New rule must not contradict previous rules, including ones in the same Round.
5) All rules must apply only to future events(events that may happen after rule is made).
6) Two "not"(with n't included) must not co-exist within the statement. [except rule 6)]
(but "not" can be with neither, nothing, etc)
7) Rule must not give participant win without his opponent breaking a rule.
8) In each Round, participant must make exactly 3 statements that are not rules.

My eyes are cool.
Those statements don't have to be true.
My eyes are scary.
9spaceking

Con

9. Both participants must have a reference to the bible each round.
10. Both participants must say "vote con" at the end of the round. (BWAHAHAHA!!!)
11. Both participants must correctly quote shakespear somewhere in the round.

STATEMENTS
1. "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth." --1.1 (see: http://www.bartleby.com...)
2. "This life, which had been the tomb of his virtue and of his honour, is but a walking shadow; a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more: it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing." --Shakespear once said.
source: http://www.brainyquote.com...
3. I am me.
Vote con.
Cold-Mind

Pro

I won.
My opponent broke rule 8.
"Vote con." is statement; 4th one.
The fact that my opponent marked other 3 is fully irrelevant. Rule 8) explicitly says exactly 3 statements.

If my opponent wants rematch, he will host the debate.
9spaceking

Con

Vote con is not a statement. My opponent never defined "statement", thus, I can only assume it was "Commerce . an abstract of an account, as one rendered to show the balance due." [1]
Therefore my opponent broke rules first because he didn't show 3 abstracts of any accounts in the very first round.

[1] http://dictionary.reference.com...

Vote con.
Cold-Mind

Pro

If "Vote con" was not a statement, my opponent would not put a full stop on the end.
http://grammar.about.com...
9spaceking

Con

The full-stop thing is not relevant to my answer to the statement.
NEW RULES
12. Both participants may post no further rules from round 4 to 5
13. Both participants must agree that the first to define a word is the correct definition. "Word" means English word as considered by dictionary.com; define means choosing a definition from dictionary.com, correct means it must be believed upon as 100% true
14. Both participant's rules from round 4 to 5 will be considered null and void if they choose to post any rules

You never said I couldn't post further rules once I broke a rule, or create a rule that would amend a rule-breaking. Because of my new rules, I have not broken a rule, rather, you have broken a rule first. You lose. MWAHAHAHAHAHA
Cold-Mind

Pro

Once you broke the rule, I won.
Yes, you can do whatever you want now, I don't mind.
If you want me to play again, host new debate and invite me :)

9spaceking

Con

But I amended after your momentary victory and turned the tables against you!!!
Cold-Mind

Pro

I thank my opponent for his time.
9spaceking

Con

Extend....I'll leave it to the voters to decide
Vote Placed by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
Cold-Mind9spaceking
Who won the debate:Vote Checkmark-
Reasons for voting decision: The "vote con" could have been recovered from, had con not ceased the game by not following the rules the next round (no bible quotes, no Shakespeare; such things were missing in R3 when he tried to rejoin the debate...). Pro pointing it out, he did not follow even his own rules. So it's a slight victory, but still a victory.
Vote Placed by J03ybatts 3 years ago
J03ybatts
Cold-Mind9spaceking
Who won the debate:Vote Checkmark-
Reasons for voting decision: better logic
Vote Placed by Domr 3 years ago
Domr
Cold-Mind9spaceking
Who won the debate:Vote Checkmark-
Reasons for voting decision: Vote Con is a command. An imperative statement. This would be the 4th statement by Con in Round 1, breaking the EXACTLY 3 statements rule. Even if Con were to argue correctly the Statement = commerce of balance due (as in banking) Con still broke this rule as Con did not provide 3 'bank' statements in Round 1.