Cabchel
TUF

Doomsday(DC) would beat Trunks(Dragon Ball Z) in a fight

TUF

Cabchel

Pro

A variation from the popular Goku/Superman debate.

Doomsday, the acclaimed bane of Superman vs. Trunks, son of Vegeta and a strong super saiyan.

Doomsday would kill Trunks in no time!
He could even take on Goku...but thats a different story
TUF

Con

**
Another Dragon Ball Z debate yes? Should be fun!

It seems I stand in firm negation of the resolution Entitled: Doomsday(DC) would beat Trunks(Dragon Ball Z) in a fight.

I see it formidable to start this debate out with some framework.

****FRAMEWORK/RULES****

1. A forfeit in this debate should be deemed by the viewers as the loss of all seven points towards the contender.

2. Dropped arguments should count towards the loss of a conduct point as decided by the viewers.

3. Both debaters will remain kind, courteous, and respectful throughout the debate.

4. Spelling and Grammar should be awarded as usual.

5. As this is a debate centered around Fictional T.V. Shows/ Games etc, viable sources will be deemed as which person best supports their case, based on knowledge from filmographies. Any and all evidence attained according to their designers thus is information credible enough to deem worthy to define each of our heroes/villains.

****MY CASE****

C1: Doomsday is fallible, and has many weaknesses.

"Doomsday returns in the final page of Superman (vol. 1) #681, crashing in Metropolis shortly after the representatives of Kandor meet with the President. Doomsday was then apparently killed onEarth's moon when Superman, Supergirl, and many of Kandor's inhabitants pummeled him to death in Action Comics #871, crushing the monster's skull."

http://en.wikipedia.org...(comics)

Of course, however, this is only one of many times where the villain is destroyed, and out matched. His Alien creators made him with plenty fallibility's in which he was destroyed many times, before he was ever able to be a formidable foe to superman. Even when he finally presented a challenge to the super human, he still in the end was never a match. Given that Doomsday is the only thing that is able to kill superman, and apparently still couldn't in the end, we have no reason to believe he could kill Trunks who is arguably even stronger than superman.

SUB A: His weakness

"The amount of damage dealt to Doomsday determines the length of time it would take to fully recover. During his outwardly undamaged death at Superman's hands, he only needed some days to recover, but when Imperiex reduced him to a skeleton, it would take months. Although he may never return if totally disintegrated to nothing and totally destroyed with no remains or not even a single atom of him left. His entombment in a Calatonian burial suit and metal vault lasted thousands of centuries: after being killed by the Radiant and subsequently undergoing the impact of the casket on Earth, his body was sealed underground in total darkness. Deprived of solar energy to nourish his Kryptonian anatomy, he could only revive extremely slowly and naturally."

http://en.wikipedia.org...(comics)

I quote this for the reason of it being likely brought up by my opponent in the future. The big strength that Trunks will face, is his ability to re-grow himself and continue his attack and overcome weaknesses. However, I would like everyone to view the bolded part of the above. This statement says that upon him being disintegrated into nothing, he will truly be defeated. This my friends, is where Trunks has the advantage. This type of foe is not completely unknown to the Z fighters. In fact, this was similar in both Cell, and Majin Buu, both of who were defeated in combat by the Z fighters.

Cell died through an immense powerblast, so sheer that it completely dis-integrated him, not leaving a single cell left for him to regain his form.

Buu, (much to the Z fighters, and the audience's annoyance) was able to regain form several times as well by simply having a single cell or two left over for him to regain form with. However, just as every other foe that matches up with the powerful Z fighters, he too was reduced to nothing by the spirit bomb.

So my friend, my question to you is if these saiyans are powerful enough to reduce enemies as cataclysmic as these to nothing, why would they not be able to do the same to Doomsday?

If all it takes to defeat him is the sheer power of disintegration, then Mr. Trunks should in theory have no problem reducing his opponent to nothing. Please watch videos.

(You can fast forward to the last minute in both videos)

Contention 2: Trunks is more powerful than Doomsday

Trunks has not been killed, whereas Doomsday has.
Doomsday has been killed so many times, readers may often lose count. If Doomsday is so all powerful, then why does he keep on getting destroyed? Trunks lives on because he simply cannot be defeated, especially by a foe weaker than Frieza, his opponent in which he destroyed without breaking a sweat. The simple truth is that power doesn't mean being able to revive yourself. Power means being able to destroy your enemies with a passionate velocity that is unmatched.

Doomsday does not contain the powers that Trunks does. Trunks his armed and equipped with a deadly blade that can pierce all it touches. The mighty blade never fails to devour and destroy those that stand in it's path. His energy is almost un-parralled when the Z fighters first meet him.

When it comes to Brute Force, Trunks is purely un-stoppable. Tactics, however, are doomsday's enemy. He relies purely on brute force, which happens to be Trunk's specialty. DoomsDay is just a brutish monster with no sense of wisdom in battle, and could easily be defeated by Trunks standing as his opponent.

A complete Bio of Trunk and his abilities can be found here:
http://en.wikipedia.org...(Dragon_Ball)

Among those abilities, just as all other Z fighters, he can use the power of Chi. The Chi allows him the capability of flight, and immense power, both of which lack in Doomsday.

Doomsday could not match the speed, strength, nor the heart of that belonging to Trunks.

The Wiki on Doomsday specifically says that Doomsday's only motivator is the emotion of pure hatred. He doesn't know or care about how to properly dispose of an opponent, but only knows how to tear through and rip at his opponents. Trunks is a veteran fighter who could easily match this opponent in battle.

Contention 3: Other abilities at Trunk's disposal.

Trunks already being as powerful as he is, has the ability to grow considerably in strength by transforming into what is know as a super-saiyan. However his abilities to transform far exceed even this. The Saiyan Trunks also can stretch into the Ascended Saiyan form, and the Super Saiyan 3 Form, which only triples his power.

The heroes and villains in the DBZ series are also known to have the innate ability to destroy planets with the flick of their own finger. No such ability is recorded in the comic writers of Doomsday.

He can't even destroy a petty smaller version of Trunks, Superman, who seems to have a lot more weaknesses than even Trunks himself has.

Quite simply, there is no reason to believe that Doomsday would stand a chance. That mixed in with his flight abilities, the Villain Doomsday would have no chance to ever even catch his victim, let alone propose doing any damage to him.

s://encrypted-tbn2.google.com...; alt="" />

****CONCLUSION****

I conclude, that it is extremely obvious that Trunks could demolish the monster in battle.

Trunks posses powers that Doomsday couldn't even fathom possible. Being faced with those would only reduce him into sheer nothingness as he is imminently destroyed and overpowered to the succumbing power of the Mighty Trunks.

Anyone who has seen the DBZ series, I am sure would agree that the power possessed by Trunks is clearly over matched to that of Doomsday's.

I look forward to my opponents response, and thank him for opening a hopefully fun and exciting debate, and hope that it is challenging and fun for the both of us.

Cabchel

Pro

Well, first off, this is my first of what will hopefully be many long debates on this website and I am not completely used to the format of these debates so please bear with me here as I will borrow from my opponent.
In this debate it would be only fair to assume both of our fighters to be at their best conditions, meaning this is a fight between the Doomsday from the "Our Worlds at War" series (The same used in some of your arguments) and "Future Trunks" of the Cell Saga.

I'd like to first examine your argument.

The first point I would like to address is the case made being that "Doomsday is fallible and had many weaknesses. Beside being an incredibly general statement that applies to Trunks as well, I would like point out that in the Doomsday did in fact kill Superman, as can be read in the same link you provided. As for Trunks being stronger than Superman, yes, Trunks is arguably stronger than Modern-age Superman. However, Silver Age/Bronze Age Superman's powers were so exaggerated that any match up between the two would be a joke as "Superman's late Golden Age powers were expanded upon during the late 1950s and 1960s, where they reached their peak. Some stories would show Superman as capable of moving a planet.[14] Said increased power levels were also retroactively assigned to his younger self, Superboy; one story showed the Boy of Steel towing a dozen worlds tied together on a chain.[15]" For more specifics on his power, please see:

For Trunks to fight a man capable of towing 12 worlds as a child and has a "super genius-level intelligence and an eidetic memory(Much better than a photographic memory)" would be idiotic at best. To tie this in with the main argument, the Doomsday I am arguing for was meant to fight a weaker Superman that is only capable of moving dwarf planets but is still largely invulnerable.

Weakness Rebuttal:
I completely agree, the Z Fighters are capable of disintegration. That being said, which ones? All of the humans are out. Piccolo is arguably out. While Goku and Gohan have both been shown to be capable of this and since Vegeta is shown to be almost capable of this, that leaves Trunks's abilities as questionable. While it is true Trunks is able to hurt Perfect Cell, his speed is immensely diminished, leaving him incredibly vulnerable. While at a weaker state than the one I am arguing for, " Doomsday possesses extreme superhuman strength that, variable as it is, at one point enabled him to effortlessly stand his ground against the entire Justice League, including Superman and Orion." Not only this, but "Doomsday possesses seemingly inexhaustible stamina, and was not noticeably slowed down from fighting Superman for an entire day. His speed and agility are vastly disproportionate to his bulky stature, and he has been able to match Superman in this regard, once even managing to grab the Flash while the hero was in motion. He cannot fly, but rather travels by leaping miles at a time. Superman took advantage of this in their first battle by trying to keep him airborne by flying into the sky.
Doomsday has a highly accelerated healing factor that allows him to quickly regenerate from most damage." Sadly, Trunks can get tired, Doomsday can not. I doubt there is little question that the Flash is faster than Trunks and though Doomsday is not as fast as the Flash, he is probably much faster than Trunks will ever be. As for the Spirit Bomb, Trunks does not know how to use it. True, Doomsday is a brute and has no intelligence, however, his life is based on defeating anything in his way and he is fairly good at what he does. Also, I'm pretty sure he's stronger than Frieza too.

http://en.wikipedia.org...(comics)#Powers_and_abilities

Contention 2 Rebuttal:
"Trunks has not been killed, whereas Doomsday has."
Wrong.
"After Cell self destructs out of fear of Super Saiyan 2 Gohan, one cell containing the core of his being survives and he uses it to resurrect himself, much stronger than he ever had been before. Upon his reappearance, he impales Trunks through the chest with a Full Power Death Beam, mortally wounding him. While Gohan is preparing to fight Cell again, Trunks uses up the last of his life energy to vomit up blood, and the Z Fighters rush over to aid him, only to realize he had died that moment."

http://dragonball.wikia.com...

Also, Goku has died more than once and is still much stronger than Trunks. As for Doomsday being killed so many times, the Doomsday I am talking about has died twice, once due to The End of Time(Entropy) and once due to Imperiex(The Embodiment of Entropy). As for Trunks's sword, "When his[Doomsday's] side was cut by Superman with a plasma sword, it closed within moments." Also, "his energy is almost un-parralled when the Z fighters first meet him" is true. Except for Goku's finger.

Contention 3 Rebuttal:
Trunks has never gone Super Saiyan 3. EVER. His limit stays below Super Saiyan 2, the power that Gohan used to disintegrate Cell. True, Doomsday does not destroy worlds, just everyone in them, including people capable of destroying worlds. And what happens IF Trunks decides to destroy to the world? Doomsday has survived many of these situations and Trunks can not even breathe in space. Again, see the following:

http://dragonball.wikia.com...

Conclusion:
I would have liked to have seen power levels brought into this but I will have to wait for that.
Doomsday > Trunks.

Hope to see my opponent reply soon!
TUF

Con

I thank my opponent for responding.

****REBUTTALS****

Contention 1: Doomsday's fallibility's and weaknesses.

"For Trunks to fight a man capable of towing 12 worlds as a child and has a "super genius-level intelligence and an eidetic memory(Much better than a photographic memory)" would be idiotic at best. To tie this in with the main argument, the Doomsday I am arguing for was meant to fight a weaker Superman that is only capable of moving dwarf planets but is still largely invulnerable."

You admit that the man can only tow planets. You also admit that he can only tow dwarf planets. Let's not forget, that these super beings can literally destroy planets with the flick of their finger.

"I completely agree, the Z Fighters are capable of disintegration. That being said, which ones? All of the humans are out. Piccolo is arguably out. While Goku and Gohan have both been shown to be capable of this and since Vegeta is shown to be almost capable of this, that leaves Trunks abilities as questionable. While it is true Trunks is able to hurt Perfect Cell, his speed is immensely diminished, leaving him incredibly vulnerable."

Please see videos. The first video shows Frieza destroying planet vegeta by simply pointing a finger at the planet. Frieza does the same later on (with only slightly more effort) to planet namek, which is a huge planet, about 10X's the size of planet vegeta.

Now let's look at the second video. The second one shows vegeta in his early form, before landing on earth for the first time. This vegeta is Extremely weaker than Frieza at this point in the saga. When vegeta destroyed this planet with such ease, his max power level was only 18,000. Let's also keep in mind, that vegeta wasn't even powered up to this level.

http://www.gokufievel.com...

Trunks later destroys Frieza with ease, proving that his power level was much more significant than Frieza, who has already shows to be able to destroy planets with ease.

http://dragonball.wikia.com...

When trunks defeats Frieza, his power level is 17,000,000. He definitely has the ability to destroy planets (just not the will, as he is a good character).

At this point, according to my link, all of the other Z fighter's power levels were at least above 18,000, meaning that any of them should be able to destroy planets just as vegeta did, despite what my opponent has said.

http://www.angelfire.com...

"I doubt there is little question that the Flash is faster than Trunks and though Doomsday is not as fast as the Flash, he is probably much faster than Trunks will ever be."

This is also untrue. After defeating Majin Buu, there is a scene that shows Goku's Grand daughter Pan running around the earth in mere seconds, as a child only a few years off of being an infant.

http://dragonball.wikia.com...

If she is able to do this so easily at her young age, than trunks must have this ability as well.

"True, Doomsday is a brute and has no intelligence, however, his life is based on defeating anything in his way and he is fairly good at what he does. Also, I'm pretty sure he's stronger than Frieza too."

Nice. Audience, please notice how my opponent admits that Doomsday is ignorant of tactics, and is a brute that seeks only bludgeoning and attacking what stands in his way. He stands no chance against a rational being who is about 200,000 times stronger than himself. He says he is "Pretty sure" that he is stronger than Frieza. What would lead him to believe such a statement? This being, cannot even force waves of energy out of his palms. He has no long distance power like the Saiyan Trunks possesses. Doomsday, no doubt, would fall easily under the wrath of Trunks. In fact, I would even go as far as to say that Trunks could dis-integrate his opponent with the blast of one energy wave, especially giving credence to his statement that he is only as strong as Frieza.

"As for Doomsday being killed so many times, the Doomsday I am talking about has died twice, once due to The End of Time(Entropy) and once due to Imperiex(The Embodiment of Entropy). As for Trunk's sword, "When his[Doomsday's] side was cut by Superman with a plasma sword, it closed within moments." Also, "his energy is almost un-parallel when the Z fighters first meet him" is true."

You see, when Doomsday is killed, he doesn't come back. Trunks is never really killed, as he never visits snake way, thanks to the namekian dragon balls. It's almost a time reversal. Anyways, when Doomsday dies, he is pretty much gone for life.

Anyways, Doomsday is killed by an INJURED Superman, who is still weaker than Trunks at his most powerful state.

"Superman ultimately kills Doomsday, but succumbs to his own injuries"

Also, in the video you provided, please understand that despite Trunks going "all out", he never intends on killing Goku. His sword would still pierce the saiyan if struck the right way. The video you provided is merely a sparring session between to friends.

Trunk's sword could slice and impair Doomsday, before Trunks just dis-integrates him into nothing with a power blast.

You also never respond to Trunks possessing the one ability that holds the key to victory in his case: Disintegration.

"And what happens IF Trunks decides to destroy to the world? Doomsday has survived many of these situations and Trunks can not even breathe in space."

This is factually incorrect. If you have seen any of the DBZ series, you would know that the Saiyan race has the ability to breathe in space.

See this link: http://dragonball.wikia.com...

"All the saiyans can breathe in space. There has been many evidence of them surviving/fighting in space. Talking and breathing in space, etc."

Also the same thing happens with Goku when Planet Namek is destroyed, he is able to maintain life in space. Your point falls.

"Trunks has never gone Super Saiyan 3. EVER"

Are you so sure? I would double check the link I provided below, which lists Trunks as one of the SSJ3 Users.

Trunks also transformed into SSJ3 when he was formed into "Gotenks".

"Goten and Trunks also fused into Super Saiyan 3 Gotenks during the fight with Hirudegarn"

http://dragonball.wikia.com...

****CONCLUSION/RECAP****

I feel I have provided adequate evidence proving that trunks would demolish Doomsday in a fight to the death. Anyone who has seen the action packed saga of Dragon ball Z, knows how much action packed intensity these fighters have in their arsenal. Trunks is among the best of the best of the Z fighters, maybe coming behind Goku or Vegeta.
Trunks displays superior skill in battle many times throughout the Dragon ball Z saga, proving his complete and utter viscous power.

In C1, I prove how many weaknesses Doom's day has, which inevitably will result in his demise. Trunks won't have anywhere near a challenge in his opponent, as he is used to taking down foes much bigger and badder than Doomsday. I also talk about how he has battled opponents with similar abilities as Doomsday before, in both Buu, and Cell. It is true that when Trunks was in Gotenk's form, Buu was no match for him. Literally the only thing saving him being regeneration. The Z fighter have dis-integration skills, which makes this moot anyway however.

In C2, I evidence power levels, destruction rates, and abilities, all in which lack in Trunk's opponent Doomsday. I prove that the Saiyan has everything it takes and more to destroy Doomsday.

In C3, I state a bunch of abilities and tools that trunks has under his belt that dis-advantages his opponent, such as flight, chi power, and energy blast power.

I feel I have made a strong case for why Trunks would obliterate Doomsday. I look forward to my opponents response!
Cabchel

Pro

"You admit that the man can only tow planets. You also admit that he can only tow dwarf planets. Let's not forget, that these super beings can literally destroy planets with the flick of their finger."

Yes, I agree, Superman can only tow dwarf planets . That point is irrelevant in both of our arguments. Thank you for pointing out irrelevant information. Anyway, what is the point of being able to destroy planets if 1. You are too kind to kill its inhabitants and 2. You can not survive the planet's destruction? Now everyone, please watch his videos. Done? Okay, neither of those is Trunks.

"The first video shows Frieza destroying planet vegeta by simply pointing a finger at the planet. Frieza does the same later on (with only slightly more effort) to planet namek, which is a huge planet, about 10X's the size of planet vegeta."

Frieza does not need to breathe in space and as such, can survive the destruction of a planet.
http://dragonball.wikia.com...;

"If you have seen any of the DBZ series, you would know that the Saiyan race has the ability to breathe in space."
I have seen the DBZ series. If You had seen it, you would know that due to discrepencies in the series, it is unclear whether saiyans can breathe in space. However, Trunks is only half Saiyan, and in no situation has there been a half Saiyan breathing in space.
As for your source, please refrain from citing forums where even they do not know the answer. (See Link)
http://dragonball.wikia.com....../

Also, I do not think that AngelFire is a valid source either; any website that has a pop up asking me not to leave their website because I have won an IPad is a little fishy. I ask that you please find a more credible source, perhaps one that is not some random person's personal website.

"After defeating Majin Buu, there is a scene that shows Goku's Grand daughter Pan running around the earth in mere seconds, as a child only a few years off of being an infant."
I do not recall this moment, but if you find it I would love to see it. Your link was an the recap of the episode entitled "Granddaughter Pan...."
Were this to be true, the Flash would still be faster as this is a Super hero that races across the universe, not the mere planet. But we shall save that for another debate. Also, because one Saiyan has a power, it does not mean another can do it. Just Saiyan (hahaha).

"He[Doomsday] stands no chance against a rational being who is about 200,000 times stronger than himself."
All of Doomsday's opponents have been millions of times smarter than he is. And he has beaten them all(with the exception of Entropy). As for being stronger, what makes you believe that? Doomsday may not have energy blasts but he has survived the destruction of planets and the Omega Beam, a beam that literally erases life.
http://en.wikipedia.org...;

"You see, when Doomsday is killed, he doesn't come back. Trunks is never really killed, as he never visits snake way, thanks to the namekian dragon balls. It's almost a time reversal. Anyways, when Doomsday dies, he is pretty much gone for life."
True, Doomsday dies permanently. However, the only thing that has killed the Doomsday I am arguing for(as previously established) is the power found at the End of Time, entropy. Trunks does not have anywhere near this power.
Also, Trunks HAS died. He IS killed. Please see my last post for that. Also, this is a fight between Trunks and Doomsday, no one will wish anyone back.

"Also, in the video you provided, please understand that despite Trunks going "all out", he never intends on killing Goku. His sword would still pierce the saiyan if struck the right way. The video you provided is merely a sparring session between to friends."
"Going all out" means Going All Out. He is not holding back, yet Goku's finger remains uncut by the sword.

"You also never respond to Trunks possessing the one ability that holds the key to victory in his case: Disintegration."
I believe that is all I've been doing. Is Trunks cpable of disintegration? Yes. But is he strong enough to disintegrate Doomsday? I am saying no. Trunks could destroy a planet and Possibly disintegrate Doomsday but in the process he would perish(he can not survive in space) and since Doomsday has survived the destruction of many planets, it is highly likely that he would survive this as well.
Trunks could try and disintegrate him without the destruction of the planet, but Doomsday has survived a beam whose sole power is complete disintegration of organic matter. The only thing that has been known to completely disintegrate him is The End of Time.
Doomsday has defeated the Entire Justice League whose members have various powers that include among the destruction of planets, time travel, and disintegration.
See prior post.

And yes, TRUNKS HAS NEVER GONE SUPER SAIYAN 3.
Check your own link. Trunks has only been a Super Saiyan. Not even Super Saiyan 2.
http://dragonball.wikia.com...

Gotenks has gone Super Saiyan 3 but that is a fusion between Goten and Trunks. Trunks alone can not do this.

"Trunks is among the best of the best of the Z fighters, maybe coming behind Goku or Vegeta."
I'm sure everyone would agree that Gohan is stronger than Trunks. Again, just Saiyan.

I feel I have made a string case for Doomsday, and I happily await your response.
TUF

Con

****REBUTTALS****

"Anyway, what is the point of being able to destroy planets if 1. You are too kind to kill its inhabitants and 2. You can not survive the planet's destruction? "

But you see that is not the point. The entire point of the "destroying planet's" points was to prove that they are capable of doing so. Surely a being capable of doing such things can outmatch a being who isn't capable of doing that thing. You seem to get mis-interpretations that I am saying a good guy would do that. I am not. I am simply saying the power these super humans possess allows them to be more than capable to do so.

"Frieza does not need to breathe in space and as such, can survive the destruction of a planet."

What's your point?

"I have seen the DBZ series. If You had seen it, you would know that due to discrepancies in the series, it is unclear whether saiyans can breathe in space. However, Trunks is only half Saiyan, and in no situation has there been a half Saiyan breathing in space."

Where's your proof? The series implies that Half-saiyans seem to have every same ability has pure blood saiyans do. Why wouldn't they be able to breathe in space? Also Saiyans breathing in space is a confirmed ability, as evidenced by Goku's survivals of the destruction of planet Namek, thus your point falls dramatically.

"As for your source, please refrain from citing forums where even they do not know the answer."

You clearly need to adjust your reading glasses friend. Under that source was the wikia source backing up the discussion in that forum. However, I think you did see that, and purposely pretended not to for the voters eyes.

"True, Doomsday dies permanently. However, the only thing that has killed the Doomsday I am arguing for(as previously established) is the power found at the End of Time, entropy. Trunks does not have anywhere near this power"

Why doesn't he? I proved earlier that all Trunks needs is the power of dis-integration. Well, that he has! And much more. I have proven that Trunks is stronger than Superman, in which you partially agreed. If superman can kill Doomsday, and Trunks is stronger than Superman, than logically Trunks stands an excellent chance right?

"Also, Trunks HAS died. He IS killed. Please see my last post for that. Also, this is a fight between Trunks and Doomsday, no one will wish anyone back."

They won't need to, as Trunks won't even break a sweat in this fight. But even on the .0000000000001% chance he would die, the Z fighters have always been able to use the Dragon Balls to wish their mates back.

"Going all out" means Going All Out. He is not holding back, yet Goku's finger remains uncut by the sword."

No. The sword slices Frieza, one of Goku's most formidable opponents clean in half. It also maims Cell a few times. If Trunks had every intention to slice Goku open with the blade he could, that is evidenced plenty of times throughout the series. He simply has no motive to do that to a companion.

"I believe that is all I've been doing. Is Trunks capable of disintegration? Yes. But is he strong enough to disintegrate Doomsday? I am saying no. Trunks could destroy a planet and Possibly disintegrate Doomsday but in the process he would perish(he can not survive in space) and since Doomsday has survived the destruction of many planets, it is highly likely that he would survive this as well. "

Unfortunately you can no longer respond, but I am awfully curious to how you think Doomsday would be able to avoid a ginormous wave of energy coming at him. Especially if it made contact. What things could he do to resist? He doesn't have the same capability of using Chi, so he would logically be completely incinerated. The way I see it, I don't even see dis-integration becoming the slightest of a problem for this saiyan warrior.

"Doomsday has defeated the Entire Justice League whose members have various powers that include among the destruction of planets, time travel, and disintegration. "

The Justice league are weak in comparison to these characters. None of them possess the power to rattle the earth as much as Trunks does. I am not surprised that they are beaten by Doomsday. However, Doomsday would find quite a harder opponent in Trunks.

"Gotenks has gone Super Saiyan 3 but that is a fusion between Goten and Trunks. Trunks alone can not do this."

So? Gotenks IS Trunks, Trunks is Gotenks, etc. The saiyan never even tries after the death of Buu, but if he can achieve it as Gotenks, why wouldn't he be able to achieve it as Trunks? Especially with a Brute power level exceeding his own father, who can reach SSJ3.

"I'm sure everyone would agree that Gohan is stronger than Trunks."

Really? Is that why Trunks outlives Gohan when they fight the androids? Gohan proves to be weak compared to Trunks, even as a super saiyan.

See video.

****MY CASE/RECAP****

I will quickly go over my case to make it clear to the voters.

C1: Weaknesses

The point of this contention was to point out Doomsday's weaknesses in comparison to Trunk's Strengths.
I feel I have done well at this, as I have proven that Trunk's holds the key required in order to defeat his opponent. Destruction, power, ad Dis-integrations. Trunks is Doomsday's Ultimate weakness.

Doomsday's many fallibility's, have proven themselves in battle many times as he has been destroyed over and over again by his enemies. My opponent tries to point out one time where Trunks is killed, as he is blind shot by a death beam from a "thought to be dead" enemy. Either way, this does not prove that Doomsday possesses this same ability. It is obvious that Doomsday doesn't possess a death beam of any sorts.

C2: Trunks is more powerful

In this contention I broadly point out Trunks vasts abilities in his arsenal, mainly revolving around the ability of Chi. This ability gives Trunks the power to fly, shoot energy waves, and "sense" movements and area, with simply his mind.
These awesome abilities, however, are not the only ones possesses by this powerful character. He also happens to be from a powerful breed of super folk, called the Supersaiyans. These Saiyans have an incredible ability to transform into an entity that multiples their current power levels by a max atrocity. Upon advancing to super saiyans 1-3, Trunk's is able to gain easier ability at destroying his opponents.

And the next thing I mention in this contentions is Trunk's devastatingly powerful Sword, which is used several times to cut limbs of deadly enemies off, or even to slay his opponents. This weapon, when used with intention, will devastate any opponent.

And last in this contention, I talk about Trunks Brute Force. When Trunks fights cell, his abilities are un-parralled in the category of brute strength, which is conceded to by his opponent, and by his father. No saiyan at that time matched this strength and velocity that was met by Trunks. Trunk's is also witty in battle, and uses tactics to deplore against his enemies. My opponent gladly admits that Doomsday lacks in tactics, wit, or any sort of smarts. We should look to this as an obvious advantage for the battle to come, in favor of the saiyan.

****CONCLUSION****

I feel I have won this debate in several categories for these reasons.

1. My opponent did not make his own case for Doomsday. He simply focused on refutation, completely forgetting to make any arguments for his own character. Could it be that he simply could not think of any good arguments for why his character is superior? I guess we will never know.

2. My opponent concedes that Doomsday lacks battle tactics, which is a major factor in any battle.

3. My opponent concedes that Trunk's has the one ability that can stop this his foe; Dis-integration.

4. My opponent has not provided any scenario's of how his character would beat Trunks. I can't think of any either.

I thank my opponent for this debate, and wish him luck in the voting period! Thanks for your time!

Posted by Maikuru 4 years ago
Maikuru
One vote wonder.
Posted by Maikuru 4 years ago
Maikuru
Alright, let's do this thing.
Posted by Cabchel 4 years ago
Cabchel
Haha thanks for your support y'all :P
Posted by Maikuru 4 years ago
Maikuru
Damn, now I kind of want to debate this. I wish there was an option to take over for someone who would otherwise forfeit.
Posted by DebateBehemoth 4 years ago
DebateBehemoth
HAHAHAH HE BEGGED TO MUCH AND TUF pummeled him
Posted by Vambrace 4 years ago
Vambrace
Trunks can go all SSJ on Doomsdays but
Posted by TUF 4 years ago
TUF
Posted by Maikuru 4 years ago
Maikuru
Such random choices. It has to be classic Doomsday because the current Doomsday is pathetic. I could take him with a knife and a headstart.
Posted by MikeyMike 4 years ago
MikeyMike
Doomsday at maximum power(as portrayed in DC comics or anything cannon, from any time period.) vs Trunks at maximum power (as as portrayed in DBZ or anything cannon, from any time period.)

Correct?
Vote Placed by Maikuru 4 years ago
Maikuru
CabchelTUFTied
Reasons for voting decision: There were a lot of inaccuracies concerning Doomsday here; he does return after death (that's, like, his whole deal), he can breathe in space, and he cannot be harmed by metallic weapons. Obviously, it is Pro's responsibility to emphasize these things. What's left is an indeterminably strong and indeterminably fast Doomsday versus a planet-destroying Trunks (if early Vegeta can do it, he can). Con thus has a battle strategy that Pro cannot defend against, only hope to maybe, possibly survive.