yay842
chubchubpenguin

Dope is a funnier word than lame.

yay842

Pro

Dope is a funnier word than lame because dope is dope and lame is lame. Thank you aAmerica, God blessyou. Im an atheist, aso im bored
chubchubpenguin

Con

"Lame" is a wonderfully humorous word--definitely much more than "dope".

For this debate, I will be reviewing these five reasons for the affirmation of the Con side:
1) "Lame" has a funnier context.
2) "Lame" is comically more creative.
3) "Lame" 's etymological background is entertaining.
4) "Lame" has a more prevalent social witty usage.
5) "Dope" is hideously serious.

Now, onto my opponent is see if he agrees.

My partner will be expanding on these topics in the next round.
yay842

Pro

Dope sounds like awesomeness. its definition states that is is a thing that will satisfy addiction and happiness. it is funny to say dope because chai likes to say dope a lot and he thinks it is funny. the definition of lame is just that-LAME LIKE A BOSS.

1) DOPE rhymes with Hope, for Bob Hope who is a funny comedian.
2) Dope is a word used for many reasons such as the illegal drug and a funny adjective for funniness.
3) DOPE can be serious, but its second definition makes it funy.
4) DOPE was quoted by that one funny black guy in "The Field of Dreams" when he said, "Peace, Love, DOPE! Now get the hell out of here!"
5) "Lame" is lame and it is also lame.
chubchubpenguin

Con

Obviously my opponent agrees with me: "lame" is funnier than "dope". Why else would he be in a state of denial?

Let's go back to my reasons in the next round.
yay842

Pro

On the contrary, Mr. Chubby, I'm in crazy buttcheecks fo-mation. Mandood, i am in da zone homie. I be like open. im in no denial yo. So wutzup foo. im in all out woopee faze dood. i be like bumblin like my-fricans homie and dey be so troo too! Imma quote sum dopeiness to the world from legitimate movies:

Psych: "Man everything is so dope today."
Adventure Time: "DOPE"
THANK YOU. I LIVE IN AMERICA. HOME OF AMERICANS.
chubchubpenguin

Con

Ah, so for the summary speech, I believe I have won this debate for the following reasons:
1) I responded clearly and directly, demonstrating I have full understanding of the topic.
2) I countered all his points effectively and wholly.
3) My opponent has not even mentioned my points in his speech.
4) "Lame" is inherently funnier.

Let me go over my reasons again, should the judge need be reminded.

1) "Lame" has a funnier context.
The word "lame" is used in almost every comedy act and even entertainment media. E.g. Adventure Time: "Lame, bro!" "Lame" makes words around it seem incredibly funny because it has the letter "a" in it, as in "assburger", "asphalt" etc. Words like "dope" are too short to have a comical impact while "lame" is stretched out to have maximum comical effect, making the words around it seem funnier too.
2) "Lame" is comically more creative.
The word "lame" is inherently funnier because it can be used to create other funny words, which "dope" obviously cannot. "Lame" becomes "game", and games are super fun and funny. "Lame" becomes "fame" which is what really funny celebrities achieve. "Lame" even becomes "Pam", one of the funniest short names ever. Let me tell you what "dope" becomes: "hope" which is entirely serious because hope is what people dying and in need live off of, "cope", implying struggle in difficult situations and entirely serious, and "fop", a very professional artistic label. Nothing is funny about "dope".
"Lame" origin comes from the definition as stupid, slow, or ineffective. Throughout history, horses have been "lame". That is funny because slow horses are oxymorons. <- morons. pffshh.. xD "Dope" is a recent word that has no funny background. It comes from the word crepuscular, meaning twilight, which is not funny at all.
People say "lame" a lot more than "dope". Because of its widespread prevalence in slang, people are more apt to think it funny.
5) "Dope" is hideously serious.
"Dope" means drugs. That is so serious, man. There is nothing funny about drugs. It is people like you who think drugs are funny that jeopardizes the safety of our neighborhoods as you invite drug cartels and street gangs to dominate the cities, spreading hate crimes, vandalism, and terrorism as lessons to our children.