n1776
martinos5

DotA 2 is better than LoL

Started: 11/2/2013 Category: Games

n1776

Pro

I think DotA 2 is better than LoL.

First of all, In DotA 2 you do not have to grind for an advantage. Everyone has the same advantage, there is no grinding. Second of all, all classes are free. You do not have to pay to play your favorite class. That is what makes DotA 2 better.
martinos5

Con

Hello, n1776! I will be your opponent for this debate!
I would disagree with you. First, there aren't as much OP champions in League of Legends (LOL from now on) as there are in DOTA 2. Riot is doing a great job of keeping the champions balanced as much as possible. Second, you don't have to pay to play your favourite champion. You simply have to play the game in order to get the required amount of Influence Points (IP from now on) in order to buy a certain champion. While it is true that skins need to be bought with real money, your argument that players need to pay in order to play certain classes (champions) is invalid.
n1776

Pro

n1776 forfeited this round.
martinos5

Con

martinos5 forfeited this round.
n1776

Pro

I still disagree with you. While you may not have to pay, it still takes a lot of grinding.
martinos5

Con

Yes, but some players (myself included) enjoy grinding. There isn't a better feeling than earning something with your hard work. And what I like about League is the diversity. For example, 2 champions face off at middle. The skill of the player isn't the only factor of play. There are runes, masteries and summoner spells. I do enjoy playing DOTA, but I think League is better.

P.S How many rounds of debates will we have?
Posted by BIG_BAD_CUPCAKE 3 years ago
BIG_BAD_CUPCAKE
Dota 2 rules :).