radicalpotato
dairygirl4u2c

Double predestination is a truth supported by the Bible

radicalpotato

Con

This will be my first debate, so I leave the floor open to a challenger who is more familiar with the typical format to establish any sort of ground rules, accepted definitions, and so forth. I will do my best to make some sort of minimal introduction here.

This argument is based solely on Christian theology, and necessitates evidence from the Bible to support the majority of the arguments that are put forth.

The term double predestination, as I understand it, refers to the Calvinistic belief that God has deliberately created specific humans to be brought to Heaven, and he has deliberately chosen others to be sent to Hell. Unless another acceptable definition is presented in round one, this is the definition that will be utilized throughout the debate.

Burden of proof is shared.
dairygirl4u2c

Pro

i dont think God has deilberately made anyone to go to hell...
1 timothy 2 "God our Savior, 4who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth."
i could go on with the verses.

there might be a play on ideas, in that God created people who he knew would be saved, condemned etc. but he hasnt created anyone who would be damned by their design etc.

in any case..... we all have free will, and predestination at its essence violates that.

if you defined predestination to include free will and God's foreknowledge etc, then it's properly not reallly predestination.
radicalpotato

Con

I think that Pro misunderstood the stance that I was taking. I am arguing against that idea of predestination, not for it. I welcome any new debate from someone who subscribes to the idea of double predestination.
As for this debate, I think there is none to be had between "Pro" and I.
dairygirl4u2c

Pro

i am sorry for misunderstanding the debate
here's hoping a future win for you
radicalpotato

Con

radicalpotato forfeited this round.
dairygirl4u2c

Pro

again apologies to the thread initiator
radicalpotato

Con

Do not worry about it! It was a simple mistake that anyone could have made; honestly, I am just thankful that you were willing to debate the point with me at all. I wish you well in all your future debates.
radicalpotato

Con

, dfm,/.m'
Posted by radicalpotato 4 years ago
radicalpotato
@philochristos yea, I think I'm gonna cancel this one and restart it so that I can find proper opposition. To answer your first question, I definitely disagree that anyone is predestined to hell, and I'm still unsure about the idea of any predestination at all. I'd be interested in discussing it if you have a supported opinion, even if we don't do so in debate format.
Posted by philochristos 4 years ago
philochristos
D'oh! It looks like dairygirl4u2c got confused about who was pro and who was con.
Posted by philochristos 4 years ago
philochristos
Do you deny predestination of any kind, or do you just deny double predestination? Do you at least subscribe to single predestination?
Posted by radicalpotato 4 years ago
radicalpotato
@dkrall1 Yes, I am arguing against it.
Posted by dkrall1 4 years ago
dkrall1
So you are arguing against the belief of predestination?
Posted by radicalpotato 4 years ago
radicalpotato
@Ragnar thanks! Hopefully someone will accept, because I've never really had a chance to fully discuss this with anyone who subscribes to this belief.
Posted by Ragnar 4 years ago
Ragnar
Good luck in your first debate!
Posted by campbellp10 4 years ago
campbellp10
I accidentally read "double penetration" I was like "what the hell?!" haha.