I_punt_TROLLS
Scorn

Downloading games on XBOX Live VS. PSN

I_punt_TROLLS

Pro

This is a debate on downloading games on XBOX LIVE VS. PSN(PlayStation network). Vote yes for XBOX, no for PSN.
Scorn

Con

I will be defending PSN in this instance. I shall let my opponent begin with his opening statement.

Please note that I am not defending PSN because I like PlayStation more than XBox. I actually hate PlayStation. Which makes this more interesting.

After you sir.
I_punt_TROLLS

Pro

I have both systems, and I love both when it comes to game play and graphics. But I download games allot and I've noticed that on ps3 it takes hours and on XBOX 360 it takes an hour and maybe 10-20 minutes. This happens both because the files are much larger on ps3, reguralry 15-20 gigabytes, but on xbox it's almost every time 5-9 gigabytes. Also on ps3 you need at least one extra install, which takes 20-2 hours for me. I prefer xbox anyday.
Scorn

Con

I, for one, tend to look past large and slow paced updates. Given I use a DSL internet connection, I deem everything as naturally slow. So here's how I shall react Pro.

Let's look at the money side.

On an Xbox, you must have Xbox Live Gold, which is like $11 a month. That's just so you have access to the shop, its downloads, and most content.

On a PS3, you simply need to be signed in. No subscriptions to view the shop, to buy from the shop, to play online. This makes PSN overly better, due to the lack of additional fees. Hence, the download speeds will be slower given its more freely accessible.

I have a few more points, but I think I should leave them for further arguements.

The balls in your court Pro.
I_punt_TROLLS

Pro

I still prefer the XBOX, I think that when it comes to user friendly interface, and the exclusives, XBOX is better. I hate to sit there with lag all day on ps3, but on xbox I have smooth online gaming that doesn't annoy me to the point where I rage quit.

I would rather pay 11 dollars a month for a smooth online experience with games that doesn't take 19 hours to download and that doesn't take up a third of what space I have for games on my hard drive. On ps3 I ALWAYS have lag I ALWAYS have to sit there for hours upon hours waiting for the game to finish downloading, and I ALWAYS PREFER XBOX.

With XBOX they make you pay for a service that is superior to the ps3 one, because its worth it and you don't need the best Internet connection in the world to have a smooth and non-laggy experience. You also get two free games a month now if you are a gold member.

With next-gen consoles I'm probably gonna go for the PS4, but that's only because the XBOX ONE looks like it's gonna be lackluster.
Scorn

Con

Yes, the XBOX One promises to be a steaming pile of terribad, given the DRM software. Not everyone has an internet connection, and not everyone uses it 24/7. DRM is not designed for console gaming...

The PSN is better in my opinion given it is shared with a hand held console. Lets look around. Nintedo links the Wii and the 3DS together via Nintendo's game network that as far as I am aware has no particular solid name.

Sony links PS3 and PSP together via the PSN (allowing for specific titles to unlock content between each other).

Microsoft doesn't have a hand held console. But they do have "Games for Windows Live" on PC. So why can't achievements and stuff be carried between the platforms on this? It's done on PSN. Its done with nintendo. Why not XBOX?

Playstation is also better when it comes to crashes. Reason: It rarely crashes. For me at least, a week doesnt go by without my xbox crashing once.

Appologies for the half hearted response, I am not quite feeling well today...
I_punt_TROLLS

Pro

No problem mate, we all have bad days.

Now when it comes to crashes I've never had one except on my original xbox 360.

And when comes to linking handheld and console Microsoft does have an option for that. Windows phone. Now I must admit that it doesn't have the best games and it doesn't have many games but it works, and achievements carry over from you cell phone to your xbox. And when it comes to 'games for windows' I don't know if it's a program like steam or just games and if it's just games then you can't expect it to carry over the achievements. And if it's a program then maybe they don't think its a profitable thing to spend money on. Or maybe they are developing a handheld version of XBOX ONE which could be possible considering they are boosting the use of mobile devices to integrate with the games.

Now let's look at the facts, there are more XBOX consoles sold according to socialbakers.com, about 4 million more. It also states that there are more PNS users, about 42 more, this means that there are multiple user's per console on psn and that on xbox there are many that doesn't even have a xbox live user.. And if this is true it could be because its a free option on psn instead of paying for it like on xbox. Now I don't know if this is the reason. I also don't know if the facts on this website is true but it's all I could find.

I must say that you have compelling arguments and that I feel like I should give it up.

But we will leave to the voters when the debate is over.

Always a pleasure.
Scorn

Con

Scorn forfeited this round.
I_punt_TROLLS

Pro

I_punt_TROLLS forfeited this round.
Scorn

Con

Scorn forfeited this round.
Posted by Scorn 3 years ago
Scorn
Ok, Im jumping in on this one. Xbox fan boy defending PSN vs Xbox fan boy defending xbox.

Interesting, no?
Posted by GOP 3 years ago
GOP
I see, sir.
Posted by sideDish 3 years ago
sideDish
I would gladly take on this debate, though I'm pretty sure you're going to shove in the Lulzsec incident at every chance you get as a testament of PSN's supposed inferiority as people often do in this debate. Let's see how this turns out.
Posted by I_punt_TROLLS 3 years ago
I_punt_TROLLS
GOP, personly i prefer the XBOX LIVE system, the files are usually smaller and it's faster, atleast from my personal experience.
Posted by GOP 3 years ago
GOP
What side are you arguing for, sir?
Vote Placed by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
I_punt_TROLLSScornTied
Reasons for voting decision: fail...