vegeta501
justin.graves

Dragons existing.

justin.graves

vegeta501

Pro

Ok so I am going to tell you about then the possibility of dragons existing. So lets take out the fire breathing. Would a paradactal be a dragon. A lot of people will probably say no because it is small but there is a dinosaur that has a estimation of 32 to 50 foot wingspan. This dinosaur is called a quetzalcoatlus. And here is a link to the wiki page http://en.m.wikipedia.org.... It is toothless but no one said dragons had teeth. So could this have been a dragon. Well sort of. So had this could of been a dragon. I say kind of because if you narrow it down than a dragon is basically a flying reptile. You are probably now thinking how did the dragons breathe fire. Well how do komono dragons breathe acid. I am no scientist but I heard that some of there glans allow them to spit acid at there preys. So it is not impossible for dragons to breathe something at least like smoke or something related to fire. So a quetzalcoatlus is a winged giant reptile that may have been able to breathe something at least related to fire. You can also imagine People from a long time ago telling stories about dragons. They would had maybe say they breathed fire even if they only breathed smoke
For example. A lot of people over react and there is also a possibility of there glans allowing them to actually breathe fire period. So a lot of legends about dragons came from midevil legends. So I am saying a quetzalcoatlus could have been a dragon and many people (mainly evaloutonist) believe dinosaurs are extinct and became extinct "millions of years ago" we'll I am not debating on evaloution so I will get to the point. A quezocoatlus is a dinosaur and I think it could have been a dragon and dinosaurs were in fact alive in midevil times and if you say they did not live in midevil times use your brain. Crocadiles and alligators are dinosaurs did you ever see a old lizard and a middle aged lizard of the same species. Reptiles never stop growing so of there is a 1000 year old komono dragon than it will be at least bigger than a T. rex now would that be a dinosaur besides a komono dragon is a dinosaur anyway because if you look on a list of dinosaurs than there are mainly dinosaurs the size of a sheep. Well there are my facts if any dinosaur was a dragon than it will probably have to be a quezacoatlus. One more thing. There are paintings of them when they were alive it shows them being more bird like. Just because it looks like itCould be a bird like creature on the inside does not mean it was a bird on the outside.
justin.graves

Con

I want to clarify something:

"Dragons existing."

Dragon (N.): A monster traditionally represented as a gigantic reptile having a lion's claws, the tail of a serpent, wings, and a scaly skin.

Existing (N.): In existence or operation at the time under consideration; current.

This will be short and concise.

Dragons are large reptiles that have wings. No large reptiles today have wings. Therefore, dragons cannot be existing right now. They may have existed, but there is no evidence of dragons existing today.

vegeta501

Pro

I did not say dragons exist today. I said dinosaurs live today such as a crocodile. I said dragons could had exist a long time ago. Everyone knows that the quetzalcoatlus does not exist today I said this the quetzalcoatlus could have been the start for the "legend" of dragons in midevil time if they survived for that long.
justin.graves

Con

The debate question is "dragons existing." Not "Did Dragons Exist." If you wanted to debate a subject, make sure that the question is actually what you wanted to debate.

In this case, you are Pro. You are saying, by the definitions I gave in the last round, that dragons are currently existing. I, being Con, is saying that they do not currently exist.

Dragons are large flying reptiles. There are no large flying reptiles living today, therefore dragons are not existing today.
vegeta501

Pro

vegeta501 forfeited this round.
justin.graves

Con

VOTE CON!
vegeta501

Pro

Okay so I should of had my title say dragons existed instead of dragons existing. Good job at the debate though.
justin.graves

Con

Excellent idea. I believe that "dragons" existed so good luck to you on your next debate.
vegeta501

Pro

vegeta501 forfeited this round.
justin.graves

Con

Vote CON!
Vote Placed by NUMBER_1RED_SOX_FAN 4 years ago
NUMBER_1RED_SOX_FAN
vegeta501justin.gravesTied
Reasons for voting decision: vegeta501 essentially forfeited the debate