the_ultimate_creation
Wylted

Drake The Rapper is Overrated and Trash

Wylted

the_ultimate_creation

Pro

Garbage excuse for a rapper, seriously who signed him up, I'd like anyone to prove other wise.
Wylted

Con

In order for my opponent to win he must prove that not only is Drake over rated, but also that Drake is garbage.

I assume the over rated part is about Drakes rapping skills being over rated. However drake started from the bottom now he's at the top. Plus he has better rhymes than Mikal who has 9000 ELO, entirely off rap battles he would have lost if he faced a single black guy during any of those battles.

He must also prove Drake is also Garbage, since the over rated part is clearly about Drake's rap skills, garbage must refer to drake in another way. I somehow doubt my opponent means that Drake is literally garbage, so I assume it is an attack on Drakes character. My opponent must prove that Drake is not only an over rated rapper, but is an unethical person.

Bottom line I seriously doubt my opponent can make an actual case, and will have to rely on subjectibe things, and since Drake started at the bottom and he is now at the top, he clearly must not only be a highly moral person, who people love so much they bestow opportunity after opportunity on, but he also must be an overwhelmingly good rapper.

This handicapped kid's rise to the top is truly inspirational.
the_ultimate_creation

Pro

Lets keep it simple anyone in young money is terrible
1. He can't rhyme with any other word other than the n word
2. His rhymes are simple, no sense of vocabulary
3. He is unoriginal, rapping about money, girls, gangs, treating womans as objects
4. Who the hell is Mikal
5. His fans say it all
6. He lied about starting from the bottom when he didn't experience a struggle
7. He cant FreeStyle Check the links below

https://www.youtube.com...

https://www.youtube.com...
Wylted

Con

Framework
My interpretation of the resolution stands. My opponent has not challenged the interpretation. Which is overrated being a reference to drake"s rapping, and the garbage portion being a reference to Drake"s morality and practice of ethics.
Douchebag
I lot of people think that Drake is overrated because he is a douchebag. It"s more about a personal problem they have with him than anything to do with his actual talent. I admit it. Drake"s a douchebag. The way he carries himself, the way he talks, the way he dresses. He also insulted his own family on Saturday Night Live once. It was joking, but he felt bad enough that he had to apologize to them anyway. However, being a douchebag is just part of being Canadian. I"ve never met a Canadian that wasn"t a douchebag. That"s just the way those people are, and as much as I"d like to see them wiped from the face of God"s green Earth, they"re nice people. They also have the privilege of being home to the greatest rapper of all time""Drake. The kid who started off in a wheelchair and had to teach himself how to walk again and who would eventually grow up to be the greatest rapper of all time.
Greatest Rapper of All Time
I"d say that Drake is arguably the greatest rapper of all time, for a variety of reasons. He actually did start from the bottom of the rap world if you think about it. People like their rappers to start out with extremely rough lives, and from tough backgrounds. Look at Rick Ross. He had to pretend to be a drug kingpin to make it in the rap industry because he knew admitting he was a prison guard early on would spell an end to his rap career, before it even started. http://www.thesmokinggun.com...
While Rick Ross had the advantage of being able to lie about his past to overcome the initial prejudices, against people not starting out with crappy lives in the rap industry, Drake had no such option due to his career as an actor in the television series Degrasse. Drake started out as a well-paid actor, from an upper middle class, maybe even wealthy background, and is a Jewish Canadian. With all the prejudice against Drake, because of his great upbringing and lucky start in life, he needed to be good at rapping to make it as big as he did. His rap skills, forced people to take him serious. http://www.aux.tv...
Believe it or not, rapping talent is extremely subjective, but when we look at what this guy has produced when the whole world was against his career, it is simply amazing. People were forced to recognize his talent. Fans have propelled him to ten number one singles, which is more than the Beetles, and also more than any other rapper ever. So he is arguably the best rapper of all time.
http://www.huffingtonpost.ca...
Most Hated Rapper Alive
I"d say that if you look at the facts it will show that Drake is in fact, typically rated very low as a rapper, besides be the greatest selling rapper of all time. You can go to a single hip hop thread without hearing people hate on Drake. How can somebody who receives so much hate be overrated. If you look at all these threads, what everybody says about Drake, he is arguably more hated than Adolph Hitler. Drake would literally have to be Adolph Hitler to be more hated than he is now. With everyone saying he sucks, while secretly enjoying his music and giving him a number one hit ten different times, it"s pretty clear Drake is in fact underrated. http://www.passionweiss.com...
Quick Rebuttals, and Conclusion
My opponent argues that Drake cannot freestyle but that is entirely subjective, and not important at all. Drake is a recording artist. Insulting a recording artist for not being able to freestyle, would be like calling Muhammad Ali a bad fighter because despite all his success in the ring, he sucks in street fights. It"s simply a nonsensical position. I"ve addressed the part about Drake starting at the bottom as far as rap music is concerned, and my opponent has yet to show how Drake is a bad person. My opponent also fails to show how Drake is rated highly, at all by anyone. I"d say since he"s the most hated rapper alive, he is rated extremely low.
the_ultimate_creation

Pro

'Drake is overrated because he is a douchebag'
There are many douchebaggish rappers who aren't even heard about
cough cough Tyler the creator

'The kid who started off from a wheel chair and had to teach himself how to walk again'
What does being in a wheel chair have to do with being lyrically skilled or talented? How exactly did he start from the bottom when he wasnt even low class.

'I"d say that Drake is arguably the greatest rapper of all time, for a variety of reasons. He actually did start from the bottom of the rap world if you think about it. People like their rappers to start out with extremely rough lives, and from tough backgrounds'

Again how did he start from the bottom? You keep repeating everything you said but you arent supporting it. He was a actor who lived in a middle class neighborhood

' I"d say that if you look at the facts it will show that Drake is in fact, typically rated very low as a rapper, besides be the greatest selling rapper of all time. '

You just agreed with me, that Drake is garbage.

How is he not overrated? When you hear someone talk about YOUNG MONEY, I bet you one of the first to three names they mention is Drake, the internet is full of trolls, people could be lying to piss off the fanbase, Drake is overrated, hes known by a lot, he gets that same Eminem overration, just because his beats sound good, watch, let Drake make another rap video and you'll see people on the radio putting on '0 -100' teenagers saying '0 - 100' Vine using '0-100

Listen to Drakes music, he can't rhyme without saying the same thing over and over, using simple rhymes, his vocabulary is very low, yet he was part of middle class, that's pretty sad, no wonder Eminem gets more popularity then YOUNG money combined,

Why exactly would I say he is a bad person? When all rappers are bad people, what rappers do you see who don't swear? Or rappers that claim they are christian but collaborate with satanic beings. I just said hes overrated and garbage.

You still haven't showed how Drake is a good rapper, its not your part to make the rules on a debate
Wylted

Con

Not much time left, but vote con. Virtually all my arguments were dropped, and my opponent failed to ever establish Drake's rating to even argue he is rated below a certain point.
Posted by Wylted 1 year ago
Wylted
In order for him to not be over rated there's have to be an instance where somebody didn't think he was a crappy rapper and I'm unaware of anyone thinking Drake has talent.
Posted by SeventhProfessor 1 year ago
SeventhProfessor
I hear he has the 8th worst fanbase of all time.
Posted by SeventhProfessor 1 year ago
SeventhProfessor
Vote Placed by triangle.128k 1 year ago
triangle.128k
the_ultimate_creationWyltedTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro's conduct was not as good and has failed to provide reasonable arguments. Their arguments were very basic and not detailed enough, he stated things but failed to back much of them up. Con had more detailed and convincing arguments overall.