Lady_Lucinda
emospongebob527

Drama should be taught compulsory to all high school students.

Lady_Lucinda

Pro

This house believes that Drama should be a compulsory school subject all the way through high school. This does not mean that the complete subject should be compulsory that should be an elective but the fundamentals taught for about 1 hour a day per week like Physical Education.

The first round is just for acceptance the debate officially starts next round. Any comments about your position on the debate will not be counted if posted in the next round. Or you can start us off but you have to skip the last round.

emospongebob527

Con

Lady_Lucinda

Pro

Hello Good Evening/morning/afternoon readers I would first just like to thank you for taking the time out of your day to read and moderate our debate. To my opponent Emospongebob527 I would like to thank you for accepting my proposal and I can't wait to have an honest, fair and fun debate with you in the next few rounds. Good luck.

I would like to start my argument by saying I believe an hour of drama per week would benefit school children enormously these are my arguments:

1. Confidence Boost: Many teenagers in our environment today have low self confidence. This is due to a variety of reasons. This leads them to being unable to function in part of a large crowd and nervous to talk to large groups of people at a time. Drama helps boosts peoples self esteem and confidence by giving them a safe space to experiment with their body and learn how to use it. As well as giving them the skill on how to perform in front of people effectively. An increase of confidence benefits all subjects and living quality of the student and one can say a student should learn to be confident more than anything else in school.

2. It teaches children about communication: Our world is shrinking at an alarming speed with the use of telephones, social media, flights ect humans from all over the world interact with each other in various ways. Drama teaches us about communication and how to communicate effectively and get your point or view across. The skill of communication is one that is often overlooked in our school system. Students also learn how to voice their opinion and how to demonstrate what they need.

3. Fast thinking: Improvisation makes you think on your feet a skill used in every day life. Improvisation develops your fast thinking skills not only critically but also creatively.

4. Encourages Creativity: Drama encourages students to think outside the box. Creativity is needed in abundance in our world today to solve issues of the future like how to solve global warming. Creativity and Science link hand and hand so a subject that is generally perceived as not academic turns out to be very complimenting to Academic subjects.

5. Strengths School Community: Drama class is a place were people connect. It is a space were we can be free and let ourselves go. The bonds created in a drama class are usually very strong as people let their guard down in drama class. This creates a better school community and environment.

"The future of our nation depends on our ability to create-and to be creative. During the coming decades our most important national resources will be human resources. If our nation is to continue to meet the challenges of the future, today's schools need to develop creative leaders." 3 This quote is From Performing together: The Arts and Education jointly published by The American Association of School Administrators, The Alliance for Education and The John F. Kennedy Centre for the Performing Arts in 1985.

In short Drama teaches skills no other class teaches. It may not be academic skills but it is real life skills that we use outside of the classroom many educators say we fail to teach our children enough real life skills in school but as shown above the implementing of one hour compulsory drama would teach much needed skills in our fast growing and shrinking world.

I look forward to seeing my opponents reply.

-Lady Lucinda -
emospongebob527

Con

emospongebob527 forfeited this round.
Lady_Lucinda

Pro

Lady_Lucinda forfeited this round.
emospongebob527

Con

emospongebob527 forfeited this round.
Lady_Lucinda

Pro

Lady_Lucinda forfeited this round.