Mikal
MoralityProfessor

Drawing Debate

Mikal

Mikal

Pro

This is a Drawing Debate.

My fiance and I have been trying to find a way to spend time together on the site. She loves to draw and is pretty freaking good at it, so I came up with the idea of a drawing debate.

She shall participate in this herself.

Each round a person shall submit a drawing. It has to be sketched with pencil or pen. At the bottom of the Drawing you are to sign your DDO username or at least something noticeable where people will know you actually drew it

Example : We shall sign Marina/Mikal

Trying to copy someone elses work such as trying to forge your signature on to something you did not draw is a full 7 point drop

Tracing is not allowed either.

This is a improv debate and hopefully will be fun

If you are interested post in the comments. First round is for acceptance, the next 3 are for pictures.
MoralityProfessor

Con

I accept this challenge and look forward to a creative debate.

As per the rules, my first picture will be posted in the following round.
Mikal

Pro

here is the first one

MoralityProfessor

Con

Wow! Brilliant first picture, you guys!

I will be signing with my DDO username, aka, MoralityProfessor - yes, it's a little odd. :)

I love animals, so my first picture is of a lion....

In case anyone can't see the picture (had that happen in a debate before), here's a link: http://imageshack.com...
MoralityProfessor

Con

Been very busy.... just had time for a quick sketch. Tomorrow is my Sabbath where I won't be on the computer, so this will have to do.

This one was done with pen and is a very different style from the first.

By the way, Marina, I loved your last picture. Beautiful.

MoralityProfessor

Con

Last one!

Note: I've legally changed my name to Claude Monet, so any similarities between his impressionist drawings and mine are merely coincidence. I have not plagiarized his work.

Another note: Just kidding. ;D

Thanks for a wonderful debate. Marina, you are truly talented and it was a pleasure going up against you.

I've mentioned that I love animals, so this one is a penned sketch of a touching moment between a girl and her dog. Enjoy!

Posted by TUF 2 years ago
TUF
in art. The feel and show of love is
awesome, and visually pleasing.

#4 Pro r4

This also had the "feeling" aspect introduced to it. The seductive woman in the picture shows more than just a face, it
shows expression and feeling. I absolutely loved it.

#5 Pro r2

I don't like ranking this one so low, because it is so amazing. The rest of these are just so good it is very hard to give
it the same appreciation that I gave the other master-pieces. This piece does a great job displaying shading. The decorative
crown was a great addition and tactic to remove whitespace from the forehead and give the audience something extra to divert
their attention too.

#6 Con r3

This piece was far better than anything I could have ever dreamed of creating! Also keeping in mind that the artist was rushed
and busy, I still really liked the light/dark effect. This one is only ranked lowest because it doesn't quite fit
in with the quality of the rest of these photos.

Pro 11
Con 10
Posted by TUF 2 years ago
TUF
You were both really amazing! here's how I judged this:

I am looking at the pictures individually. The person with the lowest number (best total pic ranking) wins the one point differential. I am going to make the point difference only one point, because this was honestly so dang close.

#1 Con r2

The immense amount of hard work and detail easily made this my favorite drawing. It was absolutely stunning. The little
Intricate details on the Lions mouth, and the personality given to the lion, made it come to life. Also from my experience
In shading like this (forever ago in art class) I remember it was one of the more difficult styles of drawing to create.
My visual love of the piece itself, I also have a deep respect for what I can tell was ALOT of work put into a great piece.
Hands down, this was the best picture in the entire debate.

#2 Pro r3

This was a very difficult decision for me, and I spent quite a bit of time deliberating. But this one wins spot number two
after carefully analyzing each picture. The elf in this picture is astonishing. There was great detail on the wisps of hair,
the eyebrow, the shades on her eyelids, and the lids. The elf itself is a pretty competitive piece. But what wins this one
in second for me is the additional eye beneath the elf. Looking in the eye, looks like a real human eye. It was just perfect.
from the slight streaks in the actual eyeball, down to the shine in the eye. The edges of skin around the eye, the depths
and the lashes. The eye was the icing on the cake, and I was just astonished that an un-paid freelancer could draw this in
such a masterful way.

#3 Con r4

This was also an awesome piece. There was a more considerable amount of detail put into the dog then there was on the human (which is
great). I also had a respect for this one because of the obvious time spent into it. But I like this one, because it
is a piece that represents emotion and feeling, which is often difficult to do in
Posted by MoralityProfessor 2 years ago
MoralityProfessor
If not, that's fine too. I can always starts my own debate. :)
Posted by Mikal 2 years ago
Mikal
ill make sure to mention it if i can ever talk her into doing this again lol. I begged her to do this one XD
Posted by MoralityProfessor 2 years ago
MoralityProfessor
I enjoyed participating in the debate! Thanks a ton!

I noticed someone in the comments mentioned something about doing a debate in color. If Marina has any interest, that would also be fun, time permitting.

Thanks again, and congratulations to you guys on your win! :D
Posted by Mikal 2 years ago
Mikal
The final score is 17 to 15. Due to votebombs occurring this was a very hard debate to judge and figure out how to vote on

So what I did was add up everything from a 3 point award system. Meaning that if Marina got a higher amount of points than morality, I awarded her that vote or 1 point. Same thing for morality

The ending total was 17 for marina, and 15 for morality, which equals 32 votes. I would like to thank con for this debate, it was the best one I have had on the site yet. It got a crap ton of views, comments, and votes. Thanks morality for being apart of such an epic debate.
Posted by oculus_de_logica 2 years ago
oculus_de_logica
"I love how PRO's drawings has texture and have great detail. I just wished that I could see Con's drawings so I can actually judge them"

I'm no expert here, but isn't this sort of a vote bomb? 7 points for one side without seeing the other side (however that happened)

next time we really should make a standardized voting system. x)
Posted by Mikal 2 years ago
Mikal
It is partially my fault for not installing a voting system. I keep assuming people will do it the same. It was my error.
Posted by NiqashMotawadi3 2 years ago
NiqashMotawadi3
I updated my vote, by taking out the Nostalgia point, which upon further reflection, could seem to be very baseless, although this is a subjective debate on who made the best drawings. Nonetheless, let's see now what the objections are, if any are made.
Posted by NiqashMotawadi3 2 years ago
NiqashMotawadi3
Bladerunner gave Mikal 6 points, and I gave MP 7 points. We both were not provided a guideline on how to vote, and provided valid RFDs. Bluesteel's move to counter my vote seems to be contradictory at best. If anyone should be countered it would be Mikal, who clearly wins his debates on the basis of popularity by asking 13-14 yo teenagers to vote for him.
Vote Placed by GOP 2 years ago
GOP
MikalMoralityProfessorTied
Reasons for voting decision: Very close, but I have to award one point to Mikal/Marina because Con drew one of her pictures in haste (so it was no match for Pro's pic).
Vote Placed by TUF 2 years ago
TUF
MikalMoralityProfessorTied
Reasons for voting decision: RFD in comments
Vote Placed by TheHitchslap 2 years ago
TheHitchslap
MikalMoralityProfessorTied
Reasons for voting decision: In round 2 cons picture was admittedly incomeplete, which is why I'm giving three to Mikal on this one. Nice drawings though folks! I envy that creativity!
Vote Placed by GodChoosesLife 2 years ago
GodChoosesLife
MikalMoralityProfessorTied
Reasons for voting decision: Thi was a hard decision, but it's not to say that neither are bad at drawing because they're not just, pros drawing seemed to convincingly captivate my attention more so than cons. But again both were awesome! Great job on the drawings girls!
Vote Placed by Linkish1O2 2 years ago
Linkish1O2
MikalMoralityProfessorTied
Reasons for voting decision: Due to con not finishing a drawing completely, I believe the majority of my vote gos to mikal.
Vote Placed by EndarkenedRationalist 2 years ago
EndarkenedRationalist
MikalMoralityProfessorTied
Reasons for voting decision: Oh, man! This was a really tough debate! There were some amazing drawings/sketches! I loved CON's lion in Round 2, but I preferred PRO's sketch in Round 3. That eye was incredibly detailed! Then I loved both images in Round 4. CON's shading was beautiful, but I also greatly admired the details in PRO's hair and face. Ultimately, I think I have to give the points to PRO, though I will give CON one for that lion.
Vote Placed by Actionsspeak 2 years ago
Actionsspeak
MikalMoralityProfessorTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con had superior drawings, I made the lion my wallpaper. Also the rules should have said voters gove 7 points to whoever they think did a better job.
Vote Placed by Cooldudebro 2 years ago
Cooldudebro
MikalMoralityProfessorTied
Reasons for voting decision: Best drawing.
Vote Placed by dtaylor971 2 years ago
dtaylor971
MikalMoralityProfessorTied
Reasons for voting decision: The basis of this debate lied on who had the better pictures. I counted up the rounds and made a final score of 2-1, as Marina drew the same picture, just at different angles. MortalityProfessor used a variety of subjects and used a completely different picture each time. I loved both of the pictures and it was really hard to call!
Vote Placed by Finalfan 2 years ago
Finalfan
MikalMoralityProfessorTied
Reasons for voting decision: I thought pro dominated in the last two rounds. I did have to give Con a point for the lion however!