pgoulaimpact
gregthedestroyer

Dress Code Policies in School

pgoulaimpact

pgoulaimpact

Pro

Dress code is just a way for teachers to enforce more rules.. I myself used to believe this. But if you look more into depth in this you see that Dress Code Policies in Schools can be very benificial to the enviroment around you.
gregthedestroyer

Con

Dress code is just a way for teachers to enforce more rules.. I myself used to believe this. But if you look more into depth in this you see that Dress Code Policies in Schools can be very beneficial to the environment around you.~~

I would like you to explain how it can be beneficial to the environment because I do not see how. Also I would like to point out how it waste money. Parents are forced to buy extra clothes for there kids to be able to go to school. If the kids does not follow the dress code exactly then they will be in trouble at school. It is a waste of money because most of the time the kid would never wear the clothes any other time. So this can only hurt the parents. they could be using this extra money to pay bills, or for food, or gas. So if anything it hurts the parents. I do not see how it can be beneficial to the environment. I would also like to know what is benificial*?
pgoulaimpact

Pro

For starters: how it can be beneficial. Well if you look at the percentage of people in school that get into fights at school because this guy is wearing these types of clothes compared to a school with a dress code the school with a dress code has a lower percentage. Also, a dress code can prevent segregation of different gangs. In any normal persons book a school with less relation to gangs is a safer school over all.

Now about your point on the cost. If money is a issue which in some kids it is the school will buy you clothes. Now you brought up that people never wear it anywhere else and could use that money for food or utility bills. Now, lets clarify this a bit a dress code is completely different from a uniform. A uniform you are told what shirt is mandatory what socks is mandatory for example white or black, high or low, what color tie to wear etc... Now a dress code is a whole lot more relaxed. I wear clothes that I wear to school all the time and vise versa. So therefore the issue of money really isn't a problem and neither is the waste of clothes.
gregthedestroyer

Con

For starters: how it can be beneficial. Well if you look at the percentage of people in school that get into fights at school because this guy is wearing these types of clothes compared to a school with a dress code the school with a dress code has a lower percentage. Also, a dress code can prevent segregation of different gangs. In any normal persons book a school with less relation to gangs is a safer school over all.~~

First off i would like to know where you got the fact and percentage of people who get in a fight at school because what there wearing? and i don't know if you know this but clothes are not the only thing about gangs. clothes are not what make up a gang. just because they are not wearing there colors or whatever they are still part of a gang. so i would like to know where you are going with this cause it looks like know were.

moving on.

~~Now about your point on the cost. If money is a issue which in some kids it is the school will buy you clothes. ~~

First money is a issue for a lot of people. in some kids it is the school will buy you clothes? that makes no sense but i think i might know what you mean so a will work with it. you stated some so that's not all they time. moving on.

~~Now you brought up that people never wear it anywhere else and could use that money for food or utility bills. Now, lets clarify this a bit a dress code is completely different from a uniform. A uniform you are told what shirt is mandatory what socks is mandatory for example white or black, high or low, what color tie to wear etc... Now a dress code is a whole lot more relaxed. I wear clothes that I wear to school all the time and vase verse. So therefore the issue of money really isn't a problem and neither is the waste of clothes.~~

you are right about the uniform. now that it is clarified. lets use a soccer uniform for example. you have to wear the same shirt short and socks to ever game. now for dress code policies in school. the dress code could be red white or blue polo's with only tan or blue shorts. that is a policy. So i have totally refuted your point. back to what i was saying about saving money. a lot of people are not going to want to wear that during summer or the weekend because they want to me comfortable. thus not having to buy extra clothes parents could save for bills.
pgoulaimpact

Pro

pgoulaimpact forfeited this round.
gregthedestroyer

Con

seeing as how pgoulaimpact hs forfeited his round i see no reason why i should post more arugements.
because of my past arguements and because pgoulaimpact are forfeited his round you should feel comfortable voting for me.
Posted by gdaysamantha 8 years ago
gdaysamantha
whatever D<
Posted by gregthedestroyer 8 years ago
gregthedestroyer
ha thanks. you said the same clothes everyday. that means the same exact shirt. What if there is a spot on it that gives it away. I have seen it happed before. a lot.
Posted by gdaysamantha 8 years ago
gdaysamantha
now let me ask you have you ever known anyone who makes fun of someone because they wore the same thing, heck I have 3 of the same polos in navy and no one makes fun of me. But I do have a con on uniforms, so Greg you better smile !

Lets say theres a fight in the hallway between a senior and a freshmen and afterwards they flee the scene, when the authories come up and say who was it fighting?! we say " uh a kid in a blue polo and khakis and a kid with a white polo and khakis" well lets see that narrows it down to everybody, so a value could be saftey.

but be careful someone will get called out on tautlogy,possiblyyyyy
Posted by gregthedestroyer 8 years ago
gregthedestroyer
thats not true. people do notice because this is a cruel world we live in. like i said the kids hardly wear any other time. and brendan is crazy. most kids already have multiple clothes so they money they spend on uniforms they could just spend on regular clothes.
Posted by gdaysamantha 8 years ago
gdaysamantha
greg said : It is a waste of money because most of the time the kid would never wear the clothes any other time. So this can only hurt the parents. they could be using this extra money to pay bills, or for food, or gas.

hahaha actually it saves money cause you can wear the same thing everyday and no one will notice, and you dont have to buy multiple outfits,shoes, ect. brendon told me this at lunch today, js.
Vote Placed by pgoulaimpact 8 years ago
pgoulaimpact
pgoulaimpactgregthedestroyerTied
Vote Placed by brendizzle29 8 years ago
brendizzle29
pgoulaimpactgregthedestroyerTied
Vote Placed by 18freckles 8 years ago
18freckles
pgoulaimpactgregthedestroyerTied
Vote Placed by rougeagent21 8 years ago
rougeagent21
pgoulaimpactgregthedestroyerTied
Vote Placed by mollyboo522 8 years ago
mollyboo522
pgoulaimpactgregthedestroyerTied
Vote Placed by mrbullfrog11 8 years ago
mrbullfrog11
pgoulaimpactgregthedestroyerTied
Vote Placed by JBlake 8 years ago
JBlake
pgoulaimpactgregthedestroyerTied
Vote Placed by saamanthagrl 8 years ago
saamanthagrl
pgoulaimpactgregthedestroyerTied