Shodow2700
Minddagger

Dress code

Shodow2700 has forfeited round #2.

Shodow2700

Pro

My school is having a talent show me and my group for friends are instead with The play Hamilton so I was going to be Alex so I came to the prodigal to ask if my out fit was ok his words was "Your a girl not a boy." Me:"Sir, It's just for the play I'm trans." He sent me my next class I was extremely upset a boy couldn't play Alex because my school doesn't allow long hair boys and if you don't know Alex wears a ponytail.
Minddagger

Con

As much as I feel bad for what happened, I am with the teacher on this case,

first off, you did not say anything about proof of what side of trans you are, you did not even say anything about it, if that was me I would have said that my friends called me him/her, if you did not have any proof against it, than I would suggest saving money for surgery so you can switch the side of trans

wish you luck against me though!
Posted by Minddagger 3 months ago
Minddagger
yeah, I was confused, really regret hitting accept, :(
Posted by Aeearls 3 months ago
Aeearls
This poor kid was simply using this forum to garner understanding of his/her school policy.

In my opinion, the teacher is wrong. They had no right to discriminate against for hair length, unless there"s a policy against it, which it sounds there could be; however, isn"t the idea of dramatic arts to portray a character? Why should this student be called out regardless of their natural sexual orientation, when the main cause of it was for a school function? No student should be made selfconcious in order to perform to their fullest ability. More students should embrace stepping out of societial norms.
Posted by Minddagger 3 months ago
Minddagger
oh great, I think I messed up the topic, sorry
Posted by Coveny 3 months ago
Coveny
Is this a debate about the "dress code" of letting a female play a male character? Because that doesn't seem like it's about dress code so much as acceptance of trans in schools. My suggestion is to remake this debate, make the title more clear so people will understand what's being debated.
Posted by KostasT.1526 3 months ago
KostasT.1526
And what on earth are we supposed to debate?
Posted by What50 3 months ago
What50
What?