zomboy
BaconLover

Driving age should be raised to 18

zomboy

zomboy

Con

The driving age should not be raised. If Teens are ready and capable of using the cognitive skills they have developed such as... being able to pay attention, process information, memorize, and perform academically... They should have no problem with handling the road. Teens aren't stupid..... okay well some of them are, but what about the ones who ARE ready and understand what kind of a responsibility driving is? They should have a chance to prove they can handle the road and be mature about it. The real problem is the older folks who endanger the community they live in, If teens can't drive because of the danger, then old folks shouldn't drive as well. Teens can use the privilege to drive as an advantage to make it on time to school, running errands, going to special classes, part time jobs, or even going to sport practices. Now, some may say that teens are just to immature to be able to drive... but, as teens decision making and reasoning skills are heightened...meaning they are NOT idiots. If teens are ready, they are ready.I am 17 y/o with my DL, and originally I agreed with the yes side about raising the age to 18, because it seemed logical. Although, I did wonder how 1 or 2 years would make any real difference in a person's body/mind that would make them a better driver. The only point that I see is that 18 y/o may (not for sure) but may be a little more responsible, but I see it as a kid who just turned 18 feels free and adult-like automatically gets to drive full throttle without any experience, it seems like there would still be a problem. There really is no difference from the day a kid goes from 17 to 18 and automatically they are responsible, good drivers. But as I was reading the yes and no comments, I noticed one comment that made a really good point. It says, "Young drivers do have more accidents, but that is because they are not very experienced, not simply because they are under 18. If we raise the driving age, it will be 18-19 year old new drivers having more accidents instead of 16-17 year olds. After all, men are 77% more likely than women to kill someone while at the wheel, so if we went just by statistics we would ban all male drivers." This makes total sense. Now I agree with the "no" side, that it should not be raised.
BaconLover

Pro

Our student drivers need more training and starting later. According to the CDC, Graduated Driver's Lincensing, also known as GDL, have proven to reduce fatal crashes by 38%. No matter what the opposition tells you about trusting our teens, there is scientific evidence by NCBI that the brain at the young age of 16 is not fully developed nor equipped to deal with quick critical driving decisions that need to be made in a split second while maneuvering through traffic.

I urge you to vote PRO.
zomboy

Con

zomboy forfeited this round.
BaconLover

Pro

BaconLover forfeited this round.
zomboy

Con

zomboy forfeited this round.
BaconLover

Pro

BaconLover forfeited this round.
zomboy

Con

zomboy forfeited this round.
BaconLover

Pro

BaconLover forfeited this round.
zomboy

Con

zomboy forfeited this round.
BaconLover

Pro

BaconLover forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by Spamkybones 3 years ago
Spamkybones
zomboyBaconLoverTied
Reasons for voting decision: Hare to vote with so many forfeits