Tranmsc2014
MelaragnoMSC2014

Drones

Started: 11/11/2013 Category: Technology

Tranmsc2014

Con

Drones are good things for people to do things that may need to risk life. But drones are not human so they don't have feeling or brain to think what is right and what is wrong.
MelaragnoMSC2014

Pro

Drones have a substantial effect in specific situations. For example if there are 6 soldiers moving around a mountain in Iraq and they need some way to tell if there are enemies on the other side of a mountain. A drone can be sent in for reconnaissance. It would be able to safely scout out enemies or civilians allowing the soldiers to safely avoid altercation that isn't necessary. Are you saying that you would want those soldiers to walk aimlessly into enemy hands because they couldn't get information about what was in front of them? Personally I believe that the soldiers should be saved not left clueless if the truth that is very easily accessible through the use of drones.
Tranmsc2014

Con

I agree that drones help soldiers to work in dangerous places like Iraq or war with some groups which we don't know much information about them...but I will give you a specific example: women in Palestine and other countries around Africa, they were told to cover up their face whenever they went outside. How a drones can recognize which woman is the one they are finding ? Even when the drones can detect people through their eyes (just like in action movie), the terrorists aren't dump to be recognized so easy like that. And one more thing, can drones aim and shoot 100% accuracy ? There might have the rate of failure, and all those failures have led to the destructions of houses or building of civilians.
MelaragnoMSC2014

Pro

Now drones are not perfect but they are the closest it comes when thinking about pinpointing and taking out a specific target. Dropping bombs from a plane would have a much greater chance of missing and sending in a sniper or special forces squad puts lives of soldiers at risk. Drones are not used to attack civilians so even if there was a chance of a civilian casualty it would not be done on purpose. Anybody that is close to a very dangerous individual is either dangerous themselves or is being used by the person in a negative way. There would be an effort to save them but if the target priority was that great then they may be sacrificing themselves for the greater good of humanity. For example if I was captured by the leader of a terrorist organization I would rather they take me out with the evil man then lose the opportunity to keep the world safer all because of me. Drones do not always need to be used for violence they can be used in very practical ways as scouts to give us the upper hand when dealing with a bad situation.
Tranmsc2014

Con

I see you have a strong point in protect the soldiers from dangerous places. It's good but what if the terrorists could hacked in the system of drones ? We might have disaster or I mean war with our own drones. Human have brain so we can understand what is right and what is wrong to do something. About drones, they are machines; if they belong to bad people's hands, what do you think they can bring to this world ? If the U.S army have drones, then terrorists may have too. Lead to war of drones with terrorists and especially: drones are super expensive. My point is if drones were created by bad people so they could have important information and may bring danger to people live in this world. BAD DRONES !!! xD
MelaragnoMSC2014

Pro

There are many arguments in your response that can be countered by your own argument. One is that there is no proof presented that the drones can be hacked by anybody. If there is even a way to hack these drones from a distance with some device then this would be a threat but that device does not exist. If they got their hands on a fully in tact and functional drone then they COULD reverse engineer one but still would have no way of controlling it. Even if they got a fresh drone then as you said it would be very expensive to make them so how would they be able to afford to build them; they don't have an unlimited budget. Finally you said that drones don't have brains which is true but it doesn't matter because they are controlled by humans with brains they will put them where they need to go and keep them out of enemy hands and control.
Tranmsc2014

Con

Like you said that there is no device that can hack into the system of drones; I think it's may be right, for this age. No one can be sure in the future the drones's system can be protected from bad guys or not. Terrorist budget might not unlimited but you should know that the U.S's enemies are countless include some rich guys have nothing to do and try to find things that interested them to spend money on. Drones were controlled by human and so them will do exactly as the controller ordered, not except the case that terrorists could spy in- get the informations in the system and control the drones. Nobody knows what is gonna happened. If yes then who could see the end of this world (if there is person like that and you saw him/her, ask them who is my wife :)) lol )
MelaragnoMSC2014

Pro

The counter argument that you have just presented is in all honesty very difficult to follow and lacks data to support what you are saying. If you are going to consider that there are rich terrorists that have money to spend and nothing to spend it on then there needs to be data to back that up. If there is no data presented then how do we know that the facts are in fact true. You say that there are countless enemies to the United States army but then there is no explanation of who those people may be. To keep the topic about the drones, you also state that there could be some possible way to hack into the drones and take them over in the future. Well in the future the security of the drones will also be improved to avoid things such as a remote take over of the drones being used. One simple fix to this that I could come up with having almost no knowledge of the construction of a recon drone is to equip each drone with a small amount of C4 explosive or a power cutting device and whenever something seems the slightest bit off the drone can be terminated right there on the spot with no worries about it falling into enemy hands.
Tranmsc2014

Con

I'm wondering are you playing too much Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 ? Because I search for "does the drones have C4 in it?" it has nothing but COD =]]. But if yes, how do you know they have c4 or explosion in there ? Information about drones are totally secret tho. And about my previous argument I think I have watched so much movies...but no one know it would happened or not. And about the terrorist, did the drones eliminated the terrorists and keep peace or just created more terrorists who want to against the U.S ? Agree that drones have system to aim and launch the missiles from a long distance. But there are many news and information about drones kill innocent people in Pakistan. People in there were having fun and enjoying their life and...abracadabra...a missile came from the sky, land on their house's roof top lead to the death of all members in that house, families. After that people got scare and they all suicide because their dead coming is now just a matter of time. Little kids or people in there saw things like that and they turned back, hate the drones and hate the U.S is normal. Drones might be an excellence idea to saving the US soldiers life from coming to the warfare, but it harm for people of other countries. We want to have peace, not create more wars.
This is the URL lead to the news I read: http://rt.com...
If you want more then just search for "what have the drones done for world"
MelaragnoMSC2014

Pro

In my opinion drones are used more for preventing violence from occurring in wars. They help spot enemies to avoid a conflict between the opposing soldiers. I do however play call of duty but I am not basing any of my argumentative facts on facts acquired from a video game. Drones are a tricky topic because of the ways they can be used both negatively and positively but personally I believe that the pros outweigh the cons and drones are better to be used then not to be used. Many drones are not equipped with weaponry and the ones that are are only sent out when they need to be used for a mission so there is an even lesser chance of the United States loosing them to the enemy.
Posted by yazbakmsc2014 3 years ago
yazbakmsc2014
Drones are simply the latest and greatest tool of our military. We can strike from a safe distance away and save American lives while killing the enemies, wherever they may be, to allow America to remain safe.
Posted by Tranmsc2014 3 years ago
Tranmsc2014
@Connolly: but drones, especially army types like air planes could have powerful weapons and it could hit the innocent people...agree that it help US armies but it harm people in the area that drones launch the rockets.
Posted by ConnollyMSC2014 3 years ago
ConnollyMSC2014
I agree that drones are a necessity when it comes to surveillance of uncharted enemy territories. Also that since they are unmanned it does seem to draw the question of what if they get hacked into. All in all i do agree that drones do make situations less deadly for our soldiers and disastrous for the enemy.
Posted by desaulniersmsc 3 years ago
desaulniersmsc
Some of these claims are stunning :)