BennyGroebs
SimonWin

Drug Legalization

BennyGroebs

Pro

I know this is a common argument and I most likely take a common stance, but there is no reason I have heard to convince me that all recreational drugs should be illegal. This would end the drug war (which we have spent close to billions in), Ending the reign or decreasing the powers of such groups as the Cartels. It also is a Privacy issue and it is disallowing adults to choose and make life choices.
SimonWin

Con

(I'll play devil's advocate)
I'll be the first to admit that the drug war is a huge failure, however that should not be a reason to why we should legalize all recreational drugs. Rather reforming our system by making it easier for abusers to recover with their dignity should be our main concern. Also many recreational drugs such as meth and LSD has been shown to cause depression, severe apathy, tooth loss, permanent damage to blood vessels of the heart and brain; the list goes on and on. In the passed decade however there has been studies that suggested that drugs like cannibus could decrease that chance of getting cancer and improve lung health. While the latter may be true the former has been more or less debunked in the 2009 study headed by Dr.Jann Gumbiner, which showed that can ibis smoke does intact increase the risk of getting cancer and when coupled with smoking tobacco could multiply the risk server all fold.
BennyGroebs

Pro

BennyGroebs forfeited this round.
SimonWin

Con

SimonWin forfeited this round.
BennyGroebs

Pro

BennyGroebs forfeited this round.
SimonWin

Con

So I guess I win this one?
Posted by SimonWin 2 years ago
SimonWin
Terribly sorry for the errors in the last couple sentences. I hadn't noticed them until I reread our posts, I'll make sure to double my efforts in the next round!