elijahh12
Conspiracy_risk

Drug Testing on Animals and Humans

elijahh12

Con

In the animals and the peoples' defense, the participation of humans and animals being drug tested is not appropriate. For the first point animals being tested is act of being cruel and inhumane.According to Humane Society International, animals used in experiments are commonly subjected to force feeding, forced inhalation, food and water deprivation, prolonged periods of physical restraint, the infliction of burns and other wounds to study the healing process, the infliction of pain to study its effects and remedies, and "killing by carbon dioxide asphyxiation, neck-breaking, decapitation, or other means." The Draize eye test, used by cosmetics companies to evaluate irritation caused by shampoos and other products, involves rabbits being incapacitated in stocks with their eyelids held open by clips, sometimes for multiple days, so they cannot blink away the products being tested.The commonly used LD50 (lethal dose 50) test involves finding out which dose of a chemical will kill 50% of the animals being used in the experiment.
Conspiracy_risk

Pro

Con states that drug testing on animals is cruel and inhumane. However, it is not done merely for fun or for other reasons. It is very important to note that sometimes, it is not just what is done, but also what the result is. These drug tests are done for the very sake of humanity and the good of the world. Drug testing is done for research and medicine. Drug testing *helps* people. Just think how many diseases would still be around if we couldn't test the cures for them. Drug testing is something that needs to be done for the good of mankind.
elijahh12

Con

elijahh12 forfeited this round.
Conspiracy_risk

Pro

I don't know what else to say yet, since Con forfeited his argument. I would like to know where Con got his/her information because his statements don't sound correct. All I really have to say now is that many countries have regulations as to what can and cannot be done to animals and humans in drug tests.
elijahh12

Con

elijahh12 forfeited this round.
Conspiracy_risk

Pro

Conspiracy_risk forfeited this round.
elijahh12

Con

elijahh12 forfeited this round.
Conspiracy_risk

Pro

I really don't know what to say. Con made his opening argument only. I don't think the tests he said were done were actually done, although I could be wrong. Just remember, drug tests are for the good of mankind.
elijahh12

Con

elijahh12 forfeited this round.
Conspiracy_risk

Pro

What am I supposed to say? The only argument my opponent has made this entire time was his starting one. I guess I just have to extend my arguments.

I extend all arguments.

Also, some of the experiments Con said happened don't seem real. I'm sorry, but I don't think he used reputable sources.