zohaib_majeed
Hungkeng

Drug consumption should be made legal in India

zohaib_majeed

Pro

The constitution of our motherland clearly elucidates freedom of anything be lifestyle or otherwise as a fundamental right of an individual so long as it does not harm or jeopardize the interest of other citizens. If one looks on these lines then surely alcohol consumption should also be banned as under the influence of alcohol one can harm others, which is not. So if the latter is not banned then why drugs ? for it also has similar effects to that of alcoholism. Clearly consumption of anything should be left to a persons own volition even if it is drugs.
Hungkeng

Con

Drugs consumption should not be made legal in India. India is one of the most developed country in the world. Despite of the fact India allow alcohol drinks, they don't allow drugs. There is a reason behind this. Alcoholic drink can have a positive effect on health. If you can control yourself from drinking too much, alcohols can improve your health. Amazingly, our digestive system can also be better with the good amount alcohols. To rebut your statement of the freedom of choices, I can say that freedom brings disaster. The freedom of choice that we have to consuming drugs would ruin the country. My stand is clear that drugs can only bring disaster to India while alcohol have positive effects to the people. To be honest, we can not state the any positive effects that drugs can bring us. There is only negative effect. Such as: 1. Arguing 2. Disagreement 3. Car accidents 4. People who consume drugs would be addicted to it. Thus, I would like to challenge you to tell me the positive effects that the freedom of choices to consume drugs bring. Therefore, I am proud to end my speech.
zohaib_majeed

Pro

Before I extent on my argument I would like to quote a very famous saying that every coin has two sides. What the previous sentence actually connote to is that there are positive and negative aspects of everything but it is sometimes necessary to delve deep to find out which one is a dominating. Agree that there are certain benefits of alcohol intake that too when taken in extremely small concentrations, liquors like beer and vodka will be definitely out of this bracket thus in this case it appears that its darker side obliterate its brighter. Now that you have raised the question of drugs, let me bring out certain benefits of drug also. There are myriad number of drugs that find utility for treatment of several types of diseases, they are an essential component of many medicines so your argument that drugs have no utility simply doesn't stand good. If you just keep on questioning utility can you please tell me the benefits of smoking. I doubt you will be able to do that. Then my cross question is why doesn't the government ban it too if the legality of a thing is solely decided by its utility.
Hungkeng

Con

Hungkeng forfeited this round.
zohaib_majeed

Pro

zohaib_majeed forfeited this round.
Hungkeng

Con

Hungkeng forfeited this round.
Posted by zohaib_majeed 3 years ago
zohaib_majeed
Man, why are you trying to stick to one or two things. Exceptions do not make rule. If Marijuna is proved to have then what about smoking tobacco ?
Posted by CynicalDiogenes 3 years ago
CynicalDiogenes
@con : smoking marijuana is proven to have a variety of health benefits in over 15 independently conducted medical studies. so would you acccept legalization of weed?