Drug legalization

First round is for acceptance. Second and third is for rebuttals. Fourth round is for conclusion. No new arguments.

1. Be respectful
2. No profanity or vulgar language
3. Be reasonably understanding of the others opinion.
4. Have fun learning another position.

Lets get this started. I like that Con says: "3. Be reasonably understanding of the others opinion", this goes for everyone, do not be bias when reading a debate because you have to vote on who provides more facts and not vote on emotion.

1. Drug legalization would truly in my opinion do nothing but cause more chaos then there already is. Because all drugs are are something to alter your mind and when your in that state of mind your not thinking straight. Who knows, you might even end up in jail or something. Or worse for that matter. People are doing dumb things today even though the drugs aren't even legal.

2. Drug legalization would cause many health problems too. Depending on the drug, it can either damage your liver, lungs, heart or anything inside of you (basically). Which ultimately will age you faster than you already look and cause death rates to raise even higher than they probably are already.

So tell me friend, why do you believe (or think) that drug legalization is good and should be implemented?

Before I start I just want to apologize to the readers of this debate, the topic of this debate should've been more detailed. Since the name of this debate is only "Drug Legalization" we'll talk about all drugs in general. But oh I see how you feel, you have very strong opinions on this. There's no doubt that some drugs can make you harmful, aggressive, violent. But do you not know that there are drugs that can help cure mental disorders, cancer, and gonorrhea? Just by your 1st round of statements you make ALL drugs look so awful.
Con said: " Drug legalization would truly in my opinion do nothing but cause more chaos then there already is. Because all drugs are are something to alter your mind and when your in that state of mind your not thinking straight. Who knows, you might even end up in jail or something. Or worse for that matter. People are doing dumb things today even though the drugs aren't even legal."
Wow, I didn't know all the people I know who take drugs are causing chaos and make people do dumb things. To Con, Have you ever had a cold, or flu, or any other acute illness? if you've ever been sick you most likely took a drug to make yourself feel better right? Are you saying we should ban all medical drugs to?

Lets talk about Cannabis, I also want to post this video about legalizing marijuana by Prince EA. I'm not sure if CON will bother to listen to the video so I found the lyric video, just read the lyrics. Everyone keep in mind that even he links we post on here are apart of our arguments so CON take a look at this video.

Con you cannot ague your points out of your emotions and possible experience. All types of drugs should be analyzed and tested to study if it'll have a positive effect medically to help cure more diseases in the world and confirm no human can get addicted to the drug.

Hello my friend, yes, I am very aware of the drug "marijuanna" that can be used for sick patients who have cancer or something even without your video (FYI, I agree with his statements on marijuanna), my dilemma though isn't necessarily against that drug itself and how it can help people who are "sick". No, the issue is, if people truly care about the sick then why are there people who just wanna smoke even if they're not sick? It's because of those people is have an issue with the drug legalized. The other drugs, you can argue with because you and I both (should) know what those things alert to. It's not about how I feel about them. It's what I know. Also, though, what you should know marijuanna isn't known to completely cure a cancerous patient. It is only used to relieve painful situations (which in relativity alters the mind). Any other drug is know to alter the mind but has more of a negative effect. So we can agree with the maijuanna being legal but not the others because of what they do. Also, we weren't talking about medical drugs because if that's the case I shouldn't be taking allergy pills if I was against medical drugs. We're not talking that though, were talking the drugs that are illegal right now. And you haven't answered my question directly. Why do you believe (or think) that drugs should be legal and or implemented?

(Oh and thanks for sending the video).

Did you even watch the video? You said "I am very aware of the drug "marijuanna" that can be used for sick patients who have cancer or something even without your video ", it sounds like you didn't watch the video. Your argument is that all people who smoke non-medical cannabis are bad people because they are not sick and are smoking cannabis. I just want to say what's it to you about people who smoke cannabis that isn't prescription? Do they harm you? Are they affecting the economy? The people that know that this is a 100% natural plant that grows naturally on our earth. You know that there is nothing wrong with this plant and even after heavy smoking (or any other form of ingesting THC) for a few years there is still nothing wrong with you based on THC alone. These people have done their research beyond what the government told them and were smart enough to realize that this "drug" is just like any other plant on our planet (arguable better at how green it is and the broad category of how many great uses this "drug" has) These are the people whose answer you should listen to because they know what they are talking about. They also realize that smoking weed is more healthy than alcohol and tobacco. Con, when you talk it just seems like you only listen to the government and you do not do your own research. maybe you're stereotyping cannabis users and compare them to people who are criminals, thieves, and gangs. If you are comparing cannabis to these 3 I categorized then your argument is completely irrelevant.

Look, marijuana does have DMT which makes you hallucinate and dream somewhat, but you know what else has DMT? Us humans have DMT also. Our DMT is in our penial gland hidden inside our brain in the shape of a cone. DMT is found in many plants. Look at this article I found which explains DMT.
N,N-Dimethyltryptamine (DMT) is a naturally-occurring psychedelic drug of the tryptamine family. This drug is found not only in many plants, but also in trace amounts in the human body, where its natural function, if any, is undetermined. Structurally, it is analogous to the neurotransmitter serotonin (5-HT) and other psychedelic tryptamines such as 5-MeO-DMT, bufotenin (5-OH-DMT), and psilocin (4-HO-DMT). DMT is created in small amounts by the human body during normal metabolism[1] by the enzyme tryptamine-N-methyltransferase. Many cultures, indigenous and modern, ingest DMT as a psychedelic, in either extracted or synthesized forms.[2] When refined, DMT is a clear to white, crystalline solid. However, DMT found on the illicit market is commonly impure and may appear yellow, orange, or salmon in color, unless special care has been taken to remove these impurities. Such impurities result from degradation or originate from plant matter from which the DMT may have been extracted. A laboratory synthesis of DMT was first reported in 1931, and it was later found in many plants.[3]
Here is the article link check it out:

I found another article also look.

So if it"s already in your body"?
DMT can be extracted from many different kinds of plants such as many strands of the acacia plant, and different reed plants. This chemical is found in everything from the roots to the actual flowers of these plants. Extracting the chemical from these plants is somewhat difficult, and if you were not a good chemistry student you most likely will have some difficulty. Plants are not the only way of obtaining more DMT then what is naturally occurring in your body. Bufo toads are also a way of extracting this chemical compound. These toads naturally occur in Central and South America, and have been used in these countries for spiritual practices for thousands of years. This toad produces venom which needs to be "milked" by stroking the underneath of its chin to stimulate an attack response so it produces this venom. Despite the.....

Yes sir, I sure did watch the video. The guy rhymes well and talks a lot about president Obama and the drugs. So there yea go in short basic terms.

Thanks anyways for your time in this debate. I did wanna say I learned a few new things from you and I appreciate your straight forwardness, but I still hold to my belief/opinion on drugs not being legal. Good day.

Well my Round 3 post was cut off because Con only limited 4,000 characters, hence why I put the dots, but lets keep going. I want to list 10 facts about marijuana from Drug Policy Alliance. Here is the link followed by the facts.
Fact #1: Most marijuana users never use any other illicit drug.
Marijuana does not cause people to use hard drugs. Marijuana is the most popular illegal drug in the United States today. Therefore, people who have used less popular drugs such as heroin, cocaine, and LSD, are likely to have also used marijuana.
Fact #2: Most people who use marijuana do so occasionally. Increasing admissions for treatment do not reflect increasing rates of clinical dependence. According to a federal Institute of Medicine study in 1999, fewer than 10 percent of those who try marijuana ever meet the clinical criteria for dependence, while 32 percent of tobacco users and 15 percent of alcohol users do.
Fact #7: Marijuana use rates in the Netherlands are similar to those in the U.S. despite very different policies. The Netherlands' drug policy is one of the most non punitive in Europe. For more than twenty years, Dutch citizens over age eighteen have been permitted to buy and use cannabis (marijuana and hashish) in government-regulated coffee shops. This policy has not resulted in dramatically escalating marijuana use.
Fact #10: Roughly three quarters of a million people are arrested for marijuana each year, the vast majority of them for simple possession. Police carried out 749,825 arrests of people for marijuana violations in 2012, according to the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s annual Uniform Crime Report. Marijuana arrests comprise nearly one-half (approximately 48 percent) of all drug arrests reported in the United States. Approximately 42 percent of all drug arrests nationwide are for marijuana possession.

Now this is for Con, by your account name and looking at your profile you are obviously a woman of God yes, or I'm somehow mislead by what I've read? have you not read this passage from the Bible?
God said, "Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed which is upon the face of all the earth.…To you it will be for meat." … And God saw everything that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. (Genesis 1:29-31) The Bible predicts some herb's prohibition. "Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times, some shall … speak lies in hypocrisy … commanding to abstain from meats which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth. (Paul: 1 Timothy 4:1-3) The hemp plant (scientific name: cannabis, slang: marijuana) is one of the many useful herbs "yielding seed after its kind" created and blessed by God on the third day of creation, "and God saw that it was good." (Genesis 1:12) He gave hemp for people to use with our free will.
How was cannabis used in Biblical times and lands?
Cannabis was used 12 ways: clothing, paper, cord, sails, fishnet, oil, sealant, incense, food, and in ceremony, relaxation and medicine. For so the Lord said unto me, "I will take my rest and I will consider in my dwelling place like a clear heat upon herbs. For afore harvest, when the bud is perfect and the sour grape is ripening in the flower, he shall cut off the sprigs with pruning hooks and take away and cut down the branches." (Isaiah 18:4-5)

In the end I just want to say, Con never offered any counter attacks towards any of my statements, she also never stated any facts but only stated her opinions which I believe do not count towards anything on Cannabis itself is not the problem, it's just how we interpret it and look at it. I really wish I could go on and say more but I'm running out of space here. Thank you everyone for reading the debate and for your time.

Posted by Gogert777 2 years ago
I like weed before I know anything about it. Young age, i heard the lies and believed them. Now i'm laughing and it is very good.
Posted by KB240o 2 years ago
Lets debate again, @ GodChooses Life & @ abyteofbrain - This time it'll be Cannabis.
Posted by GodChoosesLife 2 years ago
Thanks for the suggestiong. :)
I actually really wasn't all that prepared for this debate. He just wanted to debate me though on this.
Posted by abyteofbrain 2 years ago
Neither of you argued your opinion very well. Con gave only one argument, which was presented ineffectively, and pro's arguments didn't really serve his purpose. I'd like to see a rematch.
Posted by Charos 2 years ago
The main issue is that this is a situation in which the solution we've chosen to enact not only doesn't work, but causes a behavior which already carries some degree of risk to become more dangerous than it ever has been when legal.

By forcing drugs onto a black market we've handed a multi-trillion dollar per year industry over to organized crime syndicates ensuring they get the money instead of the government. We've put quality control into the hands of the same syndicates ensuring that anyone who chooses to use drugs can never be certain they're getting clean, accurately measured products and thereby increases the risks associated with use across the board. They throw tens or hundreds of billions of dollars into arresting, prosecuting, and housing inmates and thereby reduce the amount of funding available for treating those who have addiction issues and wish to quit.

All around the problem here isn't that drugs are good and we need them available, the issue is that the laws against these substances only take an already risky behavior and increase that risk tenfold. We shouldn't be asking "how can we stop drug use?" because we've proven over history we simply can't, we should be asking "how can we most effectively minimize the risk and damage associated with their use?". Two questions on this topic, it's about 500,000 dollars to put one drug user in prison (with slight variations depending on sentence), for the same cost we can treat and educate over a hundred, which seems the better deal?

And quick question to GodChoosesLife from a Christian perspective here (though I'm not Christian), What would Jesus do if we gave this problem to Him? Would He build bigger prisons? Or would He build more hospitals and schools?
Posted by STALIN 3 years ago
I suppose it depends on the drug and how much of it you take.
"Yes, I am a woman of God"
Well if your a woman of god wouldn't you think that there might have been a reason that god put things that could make drugs on this planet? I do not believe in religion but I believe that drugs can be helpful. I think that drug distribution should be controlled by a the government. As long as you don't have addicts running around there is nothing wrong with drugs.
Posted by GodChoosesLife 3 years ago
Yes, I am a woman of God.. I hold to the Bible's truths.. But, do NOT take scripture outta context to justify your opinions on cannabis and marijuana.. I respect your opinion, but do not agree.. My apologies though for not backing up my end of the bargain.. I've been extremely busy and did not try my hardest here in this debate.. And also, I stated not to start another argument, which you did towards the end. Doesn't really count.. I mean, if you wanna have another debate about it, you start it off this time.. Or something.. If not, well take care and thank you for your time.. God bless..
Posted by KB240o 3 years ago
Wow, for my round 3 I had so much more to say, but Con only limted us to 4,000 characters -_- that's why it looks cut off.
Vote Placed by bsh1 3 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Pro was a bit short with Con--conduct to Con. Pro's arguments were more developed and had sources to support them. Those points to Pro. Pro's formatting was a bit clunky--try to space things out more and to bullet arguments in a logical, step-by-step way. Anywho, I go Pro.