Canada98
domfincrag

Drug legalization

Canada98

Con

The legalization of drugs would damage the community. Legalizing and decriminalizing drugs would make harmful addictive substances affordable and easy to obtain. This would also send a message of tolerance and acceptance of drugs wich is a dangerous thought. According to the centre for disease control their have been 165, 000 drug overdose deaths from 1999 to 2014. We cannot have harmful substances in our communities.
domfincrag

Pro

Evan though I agree with you I'm going to debate against this anyways because I'm bored. If we are to continue banning drugs we might as well ban alcohol and tobacco. People choose to do this to themselves and who are we to stop them? A person has the right to do what they want with there life so if they choose to do drugs let them do drugs. The government shouldn't be the people who divide how people live. Even if they are living it the wrong way. Its getting hard to continue the debate being that I don't agree with drug legalization at all but you need to argue against someone.
Canada98

Con

Thank you for your response. The main argument you have in your debate is that people have free will to do what they want. They do. Legalizing this can be dangerous to others to. We already have a problem with drinking and driving. Adding marijuana isn't going to help this. According to the National Institute of Drug Abuse:

According to the 2014 National Survey on Drug Use and Health (NSDUH), 10 million people aged 12 or older reported driving under the influence of illicit drugs during the year prior to being surveyed.4

NSDUH findings also show that men are more likely than women to drive under the influence of drugs or alcohol. And a higher percentage of young adults aged 18 to 25 drive after taking drugs or drinking than do adults 26 or older.4

We can't do anything about the smoking problem or drinking problem now because there are already too many people addicted and spending money on these things but we can stop the government from legalizing this drug. Marijuana is referred to as the gateway drug by legalizing marijuana we increase the risk of people then seeking other drugs. The government should not interfere with peoples business but they can stop people from ruining their life's.

My opponent agrees that marijuana should not be legalized. I urge you to VOTE CON.

https://www.drugabuse.gov...
domfincrag

Pro

domfincrag forfeited this round.
Posted by domfincrag 5 months ago
domfincrag
Im trying to find out how I post my argument.
Posted by Canada98 5 months ago
Canada98
I would just like to remind pro to state his argument,
Thanks