Old_Saxon
Themeaman909

Drugs and Their Economic Effect On AMERICAN Society

Themeaman909
Started: 12/15/2015 Category: Economics

Old_Saxon

Pro

As most of you know, this topic has become favorable among many as a debate topic, but has been debated in a way that ignores every single logical standpoint, bias becoming the driving force for the argument.

I am neutral in this, as I know in the beginning of legalization of all substances that are naturally occurring most people will abuse them. As time passes they will get bored and it will lose the novelty it holds, as does every trend in this country. I also have had my share of... experiences, so I can sort of tell how things play out.
What are your opinions, and make sure to keep it relevant to America as much as possible.

Mentioning other countries is allowed. As long as the argument is not along the lines of "theyre doing it and its cool, our forefathers were cokeheads," etc. Explain your views. Also do not begin by saying you like drugs as well, because.... That's just a really horrible way to start a debate. Shock factor isn't needed among mature, able-minded people. Thx
Themeaman909

Con

I would like to start by saying they destroy our society. Do you believe me? Take this example of two very legal drugs, alcohol and tobacco. They can both kill you, they both have neurological effects, and they lower self esteem. Almost all drugs do these things, and a common argument is how if alcohol and tobacco are legal, than the other drugs should be to. I don't see it this way, and I use a common analogy to understand the situation. Is your cup half full or half empty? Is to many drugs hurting society and people, or is it not fair they are excluded due to a bias? You have to see the other side in order to fully understand your own side.

My arguments are that they kill people, lower self esteem, and destroy society functionality. If anyone can just get any drug, than we would all be hippies lying in the street eventually. Most people blame the addicts, but I see that they are exploited by drug companies. This is a short round because you only gave me 1000 characters though.
Old_Saxon

Pro

Old_Saxon forfeited this round.
Themeaman909

Con

I don't have much to say except my previous arguments, that they kill, lower self esteem, and destroy society. Vote for con.
Old_Saxon

Pro

Old_Saxon forfeited this round.
Themeaman909

Con

Vote for con.
Old_Saxon

Pro

Old_Saxon forfeited this round.
Themeaman909

Con

Vote for con.
Old_Saxon

Pro

Old_Saxon forfeited this round.
Themeaman909

Con

Vote for con.
Posted by Themeaman909 1 year ago
Themeaman909
Only 1000 characters? Seriously? I need more for my long arguments, so this is kind of stupid to me.
Vote Placed by rich123 1 year ago
rich123
Old_SaxonThemeaman909Tied
Reasons for voting decision: PRO forfeit