Hero_Liberator
ErenBalkir

Drugs are not victimless crimes

Hero_Liberator

Con

First round is for acceptance and pleasantries.
Second round is opening statements and arguments(no rebuttal of other's arguments)
Third round is rebuttal
and so on.

The burden of proof lies on both individuals to back up their claims. I'd have to prove how they are without a victim, and my fellow debater will need to prove how it causes victims. This is also the same with any other claim made.

I'd like to limit the false dichotomy, slippery slope, appeal to authority, and straw man logical fallacies that are most often used in arguing of this topic. This is not required, but would greatly help with what I wish to get out of this debate.

Personal accounts will not be used, as that is known as selection bias. You don't want to hear my story, and I don't want to hear your's.

I ask that my opponent not start a satirical debate and have it be more of a legit debate.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With that, I wanna thank who ever decides to help challenge me on this idea. It is nice to challenge preconceived ideas every once in a while to see if they still have any value after being being examined. I hope both of us get something out of this.
ErenBalkir

Pro

Great to be debating with you.

First, it is all about choice. If someone decided to take a drug, use it and get high then it is completely up to them. Government should regulate it so that companies do not produce too harmful drugs but even then if someone wants to take a harmful drug then who are we to stop them. It is their choice. You may be thinking, then you are on my side? No. There are victims. In some cases a drug can be so addictive, that you have no choice. You lose your ability to stop or make rational judgement and you physically need to take a drug. People break down, they spend everything they have to get more drugs and it becomes literally impossible for them to stop.

Therefore those who can stop taking a drug at anytime are not victims. They have obvious weighed up the options and decided they choose the drug (for pleasure) over their health. However, people become victims when they lose that ability to choose for themselves and are instead incapable of stopping. This happens often with hard drugs and it has been proven that a physical addiction develops. What should we do then? We should come up with some sort of test to see how capable they are of stopping. If it is clear that they cannot decide for themselves, we force them to stop and put them with doctors were they are given treatment. And, of course, government cracks down on the trade of those substances capable of doing that.

I hope I have shown as clearly as possible why drugs can create victims. I look froward to your response to my point about their inability to make a rational decision
Hero_Liberator

Con

Hero_Liberator forfeited this round.
ErenBalkir

Pro

I have no idea why you forfeited. Thanks for the debate anyway
Hero_Liberator

Con

Hero_Liberator forfeited this round.
ErenBalkir

Pro

no idea why he forfeited. Guess that means I won?
Hero_Liberator

Con

Hero_Liberator forfeited this round.
ErenBalkir

Pro

He forfeited again
Hero_Liberator

Con

Hero_Liberator forfeited this round.
ErenBalkir

Pro

once again, a forfeit