Deepesh2002
Creation_21

Druugs like marijuana should be legalized

Creation_21 has forfeited round #1.

Deepesh2002

Pro

I believe that marijuana must be legalized by the government for medical and recreational purposes as the government's job is to uphold the rights of people and ensure their safety...

My burden will be to prove that banning marijuana will harm the people and for that I have two arguments to put forth:
First: The people must have the right to choose what they want to do with themselves and it is the government's duty to ensure that the people get their rights. By banning marijuana, they are snatching their rights. Every adult citizen who has a sound mind can decide what they want and whether it is good or bad for them.

My second argument will be that if the government banns marijuana, it's trade will still go on in the black market, and that will be the inly source from which people can get such narcotics. This could be harmful to them as it may contain harmful adulterants, and also because kids who aren't mature enough to decide what is good or bad for them will get access to these drugs which can cause a lot of trouble not only to the kid but to the whole family. In addition to that the amount bought cannot be regulated. By legalizing marijuana, the government will be able to give people their rights and they can also regulate the amount bought, they can make sure that the drugs sold aren't adulterated to prevent the people from being harmed. The government can also license the buying of such drugs so as to prevent minors from utilizing them.

This is my first debate, constructive criticism will be highly appreciated.