TrippleHelix
devin.cooper64

Dubstep isnt music

TrippleHelix

Pro

1- Physically cannot make tone, tone made because of human twang
2- Unoriginal, WAY to many remixs of the same song
3- Anyone can do it, I know, I have done it
devin.cooper64

Con

Hello, I am here to battle the claim that dubstep isn't music. 
Firstly you cannot say that a genre isn't music just because you don't like it or think its unoriginal. I will firstly rebuttal the opponents claims and then present my arguments.

RE: Physically cannot make tone, tone made because of human twang
Not all songs need "human twang" to be considered music, most dunstep songs implement guitar sound bytes or some even record their own sounds from real instruments to be put into the song.

RE: Unoriginal, WAY to many remixs of the same song
I don't want to be THAT guy but... too* remixes*
Anyways, this does not prove anything, every music genre has it fair share of covers and remixes, for example, the Imagine Dragon's It's Time (Remixes) is an album composed of about 5-7 songs (depending on where you buy it) full of remixes, the album has done consideringly well.

The JailBreaks remix of the song debuted on The Rolling Stones Magazine website and the Nylon Magazines website, meanwhile the StunGun remix has released on the Nylon Magazines website. [1] Also, lets not even get into covers, theres millions of them.

Also, you cannot assume that dubstep is not music just because its "unoriginal" the problem with this claim in particular is that you are only claiming its unoriginal because all you hear are remixes. The dubstep genre goes deep when it comes to originality, artists like Lindsey Sterling, Monstercat media, Benga, Sluggo, Scube, Nero, Bassnectar, Flux, Excision, and so on.

Go onto youtube and put in "dubstep remix" you get about 3,600,000 results. [2] only add "dubstep" into the search you get about 15,600,000 results. [3] If we do some simple math, you get, 11990000 songs that are to be considered "original" [4]

RE: Anyone can do it, I know, I have done it
This is another pointless claim, ANYONE can do ANY kind of music, all that stands in the way of you doing rock music is learning a guitar, classical music learning a piano, jazz music learning a sax. Dubstep is not an exception, you just need to get familiar with sound engineering and programs like FL and Audacity and you too can make dubstep songs.
I will present my topics in round 2, for I am running out of time and my response is going to be big.
TrippleHelix

Pro

TrippleHelix forfeited this round.
devin.cooper64

Con

devin.cooper64 forfeited this round.
TrippleHelix

Pro

TrippleHelix forfeited this round.
devin.cooper64

Con

devin.cooper64 forfeited this round.