steelerman820
BarryDubz

Duke is better than North Carolina at basketball.

Started: 3/15/2013 Category: Sports

steelerman820

Pro

I believe that Duke is better than North Carolina. Duke has beat North Caroina at Cameron Indoor plenty of time. If you are a fan of North Carolina, or not, take this debate.
BarryDubz

Con

I would assume, since you are the affirmative, that you would present your advocacy first? I apologize if I am incorrect in this regard..
steelerman820

Pro

Duke is better than Carolina. Duke has won more ACC and NCAA championships than the Tar Heels. Some claim that Duke is puke. Duke fans are more respectful. Duke fans do not have dirty rhymes and things like that. Duke players never brag or celebrate on the court. Coach Mike K. is a wonderful coach that believes in respect and discipline.
BarryDubz

Con

Duke is NOT better than North Carolina.

First, North Carolina has won 5 NCAA Championships (1957, 1982, 1993, 2005 and 2009) whereas Duke has only won 4 (1991, 1992, 2001, 2010) so your first argument is proven to be false.

Second, North Carolina has won 17 ACC Championships, and Duke has won 19. This difference isn't enough to establish Duke being better than them, especially since Duke has been in the Conference for longer than UNC.

Third, group the rest of his arguments. All of these arguments are ARBITRARY. There is no way to tell if they are puke, or to tell if they are more respectful, or if they don't have dirty rhymes. There is absolutely no way to establish this.

Forth, Coach K wants to eliminate "Rushing the Court" after a big win. This is against all of NCAA traditions, and so we see that he isn't as wonderful as the affirmative would like you to believe.

Fifth, The all-time series is 131-104, with North Carolina being in the lead.

Sixth, and finally, Coach K has a losing record against UNC.

With that, I have refuted all of the affirmative arguments, presented a few of my own, and ask for a CON vote.
steelerman820

Pro

steelerman820 forfeited this round.
BarryDubz

Con

Go ahead and extend all of my refutation of his arguments, and extend my arguments as well. And as per the rules of debate, you cannot allow my opponent to bring up any of the arguments that have been conceded, or bring up and new arguments. And with that, I see no other vote than for the CON, and I thank you for your time.
steelerman820

Pro

steelerman820 forfeited this round.
BarryDubz

Con

BarryDubz forfeited this round.
steelerman820

Pro

steelerman820 forfeited this round.
BarryDubz

Con

This has been pretty ridiculous, and because of the fact that my opponent concedes all of my argumentation, I, as the CON, ask for all seven points, and I thank you for your time.