Duke vs. UNC

Voting Style: Open Point System: Select Winner
Started: 4/29/2015 Category: Sports

Burden of Proof is shared. I am pro Duke university not UNC. The opponent must prove somehow that UNC is better than Duke in a head to head debate.

Round 1 for acceptance
Round 2 initial arguments
Round 3 Rebuttals and Summary

Con agrees to the following definition of "better"
Better: "Higher and tougher standards of academics as well as athletics."

I invite anyone to try and argue but good luck disputing a NCAA championship.

You can't argue with wins. And Coach K of Duke University has the most wins in NCAA men's basketball history. If that's not enough Duke has won another NCAA championship this year over Wisconsin who was said to be too big, too fast, and too strong. The white boys from Duke did it again. In Duke university history they have a grand total of 16 NCAA championships with 5 coming from boys basketball. Duke and UNC are a part of the Atlantic Coastal Conference or the ACC where they are arch rivals. In all 26 sports offered by Duke they have won a whopping 119 ACC championships, the most in the conference. Now don't even get me started in academics. Each Duke applicant must have a GPA of 3.75 minimum and at least a 2100 on their SAT. I'm sure you've heard of the academic scandal with UNC. The average reading level for UNC's men's basketball team was at a 5th grade reading level while majoring in basket weaving and yoga. While the white boys from Duke go on to be heart and lung surgeons, the black boys from UNC end up being drug dealers and gang members. Take your pick.

You know this is just too easy. Since my opponent has no argument of his or her own then I have no rebuttal and I will stick with my previous statement. Thank you and go Blue Devils!

AliveCupajoe forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by Blade-of-Truth 1 year ago
Who won the debate:Vote Checkmark-
Reasons for voting decision: Pro won this on many different fronts. For starters, he was the only one to provide arguments in this debate. These arguments included the strict acceptance standards as well as the athletic record and continued success. Con's only rounds of participation amounted to nothing more than "accepted" and "gay", with the last round being forfeited. Since Pro's arguments were left standing unchallenged by Con, as well as Con's misconduct throughout, this is a clear win for Pro.