AlwaysRight12345
Dumbo

Dumbo is awesome

Dumbo

AlwaysRight12345

Con

First round is acceptance, BoP is shared.
Dumbo

Pro

AlwaysRight12345

Con

I will be debating on several factors:

1-Dumbo has yet to prove (s)he is awesome:
Dumbo has given no proof that (s)he is awesome. All her profile says is that (s)he is awesome, not why.

2-Dumbo is satanic:
Dumbo's profile picture is the devil. Therefore, (s)he must be supportive of Satan.

3-Dumbo is a goat:
Dumbo's profile picture is the devil. The devil has horns, a tail and goat legs. He is almost closer to a goat than a human. Therefore, Dumbo is a goat. While goats are the best form of livestock, my opponent has to prove that goats are awesome.
Dumbo

Pro

I shall start out with my refutations, then move on to my points...

"Dumbo has yet to prove s(he) is awesome."
Just because I have not yet proved it does not mean it is not true. In my points, I shall prove that I am awesome, and this argument will not be usable.

"Dumbo is satanic"
My profile picture is the devil because I ENJOY PLAYING PRANKS ON MY OLDER BROTHER. Has anyone not played a single trick on a sibling? Or at least been the tiniest bit mean to them? I think not. We all have moments with the devil on our shoulder, just because I admit to it does not mean I am less awesome than anyone else. In fact, the fact that I admit to it where there are many, many people who don't, like my older brother, makes me even more awesome.

"Dumbo is a goat"
Just because my profile picture is the devil, and the devil is closer to a goat than a human, that does not mean that I am a goat. Your profile picture, AlwaysRight12345, is Yoda, and you are not Yoda. This argument makes no sense whatsoever.

The first of my many points is as I mentioned earlier: I admit to my crimes. I am guilty and pay the consequences, but I do not hide what I have done--I learn from my few mistakes. When I write little notes on my brother's toilet paper, I pay the consequences, if there are any. I am honest, and honest is awesome.

Secondly, I just refuted all of your points. I may not be a perfect debater, but at least I could come up with sensible arguments.

My last point (for this round, since obviously there are many more points) is that while you are called "AlwaysRight12345," I am called "Dumbo." The meaning of "Dumbo" is "stupid person." I call myself "stupid person" and you call yourself always right. I am more modest than you, and perhaps many other people. You might say that I am not modest because I said I was awesome and all that everywhere, but on my profile I was having a little fun, and in this debate, well, you started it... I'm just responding.

As you can see, I AM awesome.
AlwaysRight12345

Con

AlwaysRight12345 forfeited this round.
Dumbo

Pro

Since my opponent has forfeited this round, I have nothing to refute, so I can just skip to my debates...:

I AM TIME-CONSCIOUS:
I like to post my debates as soon as I know it's my turn to post an argument. As you can plainly see, AlwaysRight12345 cannot say that for himself, as he just forfeited a round.

I AM GOOD AT KEEPING A SECRET:
As AlwaysRight12345 must have seen on my profile page, since he saw that "awesome" part of it, I reveal very little about my true identity. You do not know if I am male or female, one religion or another, rich or poor... and even while talking this much about myself here in this debate, I have not said any of that.

I AM HELPFUL:
I volunteered at an animal shelter from fourth grade to, if I remember correctly, high school, and since I started at fourth grade, my thoughts were not at all on getting extra credit for school or SSL hours or anything. I was simply trying to be helpful.

As you can surely see now, I AM awesome, and have proved it many times.
AlwaysRight12345

Con

Sorry I forfeited that last round, I was in Florida with my family for a birthday.

I would like to remind my opponent that this debate has nothing to do with me personally. The topic is "Dumbo is awesome," not "Dumbo is more awesome than AlwaysRight12345." Dumbo started by saying that (s)he is time-conscious. (S)he has little proof of this, only that in this single debate, (s)he is more time-conscious than I am. Dumbo isn't good at keeping all secrets, from looking at her profile in this debate, I can conclude that (s)he is self-centered, plays pranks, not grammatically correct, and doesn't fact-check what (s)he says. These are all also negative traits, so this works on two levels. (S)he said in Round 2 that my profile is Yoda, and I am not Yoda to refute two of my points. Well, in fact, I AM Yoda. I have risen to play on the computer. Just ask my friend, Luke Skywalker. Also, I've learned to talk normally. (S)he said (s)he has "moments with the devil on (her/his) shoulder," and is at least truthful enough to admit it, but (s)he is not truthful, as (s)he is not the devil.

As you can clearly see, Dumbo is NOT awesome.
Dumbo

Pro

First off, no problem about the forfeiting, I hope you had fun with your family, and I'm sorry I jumped on you like that about it.

For me comparing myself to you, I am not saying I am more awesome than you (I'm sorry if it came off that way), I just needed an example to build my debates off of.

For the time-conscious thing, I always debate within twelve or thirteen hours after my opponent has debated, and that IS time-conscious. Again, I was just using you as an example, and I am sorry.

I already said in the first round, I'm not doing this because I am self-centered. On my profile page I was having some fun with all of that "awesome" stuff, and as for this debate, I'm just trying to become more of a part of debate.org by having a couple of debates, so when you invited me to this debate, I couldn't refuse.

Most people play pranks. I don't think that's a "big reveal," AlwaysRight12345.

I AM grammatically correct and DO fact-check my work. How do you know I don't fact-check? I'm as grammatically correct as you are! (Again, JUST AN EXAMPLE.)

Your profile says you are forty-four years old and were born October 2, 1970. When Star Wars' "A New Hope" came out, you would've been six years old. In the Star Wars movies, you are thousands of years old. I seriously doubt that you're Yoda.

"(S)he said (s)he has 'moments with the devil on (his/her) shoulder,' and is at least truthful enough to admit it, but (s)he is not truthful, as (s)he is not the devil." Okay, you really need to clarify more what that means.
AlwaysRight12345

Con

My opponent has said that (s)he is just like everyone else because of his/her grammatical correctness, self centeredness and pranks. First off, (s)he is not correct factually as is shown here: "You do not know if I am male or female, one religion or another, rich or poor..." however, had (s)he checked what (s)he said, (s)he would've found that much was revealed about him/her. (S)he likes to play pranks, so on and so forth. Secondly, I'm not making this a big reveal as you have been displaying it this entire debate. (S)he accused me of not being Yoda because I am too young. Unfortunately, this site doesn't accept birthdays past 1900 so, as you can see, there is significant proof that I am Yoda. Do or do not, there is no try. "(S)he said (s)he has 'moments with the devil on (his/her) shoulder,' and is at least truthful enough to admit it, but (s)he is not truthful, as (s)he is not the devil." This means that although you claim you are truthful, you lied on your profile picture. Both you lied there and are here lying by saying that you are truthful. What this debate really comes down to is whether or not Dumbo is awesome, and as you can see in these past 5 rounds, or the three I have participated in, I have proven that Dumbo is not.
Dumbo

Pro

Thank you for those very convincing arguments.

Okay, AlwaysRight12345, I would advise you to read more carefully before refuting something next time.
"First off, (s)he is not correct factually as is shown here: 'You do not know if I am male or female, one religion or another, rich or poor...' however, had (s)he checked what (s)he said, (s)he would've found that much was revealed about him/her."
I said originally, "As AlwaysRight12345 must have seen on my profile page, since he saw that 'awesome' part of it, I reveal very little about my true identity. You do not know if I am male or female, one religion or another, rich or poor... and even while talking this much about myself here in this debate, I have not said any of that."

The meaning of my words: ON MY PROFILE, I REVEAL LITTLE ABOUT THE REAL ME. ON THIS DEBATE, I REVEAL VERY LITTLE ABOUT ME. YOU KNOW NOT IF I AM MALE OR FEMALE, ONE RELIGION OR ANOTHER, RICH OR POOR, AND I HAVE NOT REVEALED THOSE ANSWERS ON THIS DEBATE. With this clear meaning, AlwaysRight12345, I'm afraid your arguments do not apply. See, I meant I revealed very LITTLE about me in this debate. You still can't tell who I am.

Yoda is quite honest, I believe. He probably would've either chosen the year of the first Star Wars movie or 1900, because that is the lowest year you can go on this site. Then he may have commented on his profile that his real birth was _____. Also, Wikipedia describes Yoda as "a fictional character in the Star Wars space opera franchise created by George Lucas, first appearing in the 1980 film 'The Empire Strikes Back'." A FICTIONAL character.

Plenty of people do not mean that their profile picture really is their true selves. That is why debate.org has a list of possible avatars that a user can use. I was not lying, I simply chose a profile picture I thought looked interesting.

I, Dumbo, AM awesome, AlwaysRight12345. (Not Yoda, but AlwaysRight12345.)
Posted by Dumbo 2 years ago
Dumbo
I guess the winner of this debate will state if I am a self-absorbed loser, so... I take back what I said until the winner is decided.
Posted by Dumbo 2 years ago
Dumbo
If you're reading this debate, I would like to apologize for sounding like such a self-absorbed loser.
Vote Placed by warren42 2 years ago
warren42
AlwaysRight12345DumboTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct Pro for the forfeit. Arguments Pro, Con never met the BoP as to prove why Pro is not awesome, but Pro showed redeeming qualities about him/herself.
Vote Placed by LDPOFODebATeR0328 2 years ago
LDPOFODebATeR0328
AlwaysRight12345DumboTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro- Better arguments and less forfeits.