Wylted
kasmic

Dwarf Tossing Should be Banned

Wylted

Con

12 hour time limit.

1,000 character limit.

Do not accept if you do not have the time or willingness to see this debate through.

Full Resolution: Dwarf Tossing Should be Banned

Definitions:

Dwarf Tossing: "is a pub/bar attraction in which dwarfs wearing special padded clothing or Velcro costumes are thrown onto mattresses or at Velcro-coated walls. Participants compete to throw the dwarf the farthest."

The definition is obviously meant to be descriptive, not prescriptive.

first round is acceptance. No new arguments in final round.
kasmic

Pro

Thanks wylted for this debate.

Wylted

Con

I had sex with a little person before. The point is, they are just like me or you. Little people should have equal rights under the law, and if one decides they want to be tossed, they should be allowed.

The banning of dwarf tossing is simply a case where the government is being prejudiced against little people and deciding for them, what they should and should not be able to do. The are being bigoted by saying that little people are inferior to everyone else and should not be allowed to do the same thing stuntman, boxers and MMA fighters do. Which is to make calculated decisions as to what risks, they wish to take with their bodies, and let's be honest. Being tossed is less dangerous than getting into a ring with a professional fighter, but people want one of these things legal and the other not. The only reason for allowing one and not the other is hate of little people.

http://m.huffpost.com...
kasmic

Pro

Many places in the world have righty banned dwarf tossing. Such bans are a protection to human decency of dwarfs. The U.N. While debating the ban of this grotesque act concludes this...

"That the ban on dwarf tossing as practised by the author... was necessary in order to protect public order, which brings into play considerations of human dignity"

A majority of dwarfs are in favor of such a ban.

"The year was 1989, and the world's only support group for the vertically-challenged - The Little People Of America (click here for their website) - went to Florida and convinced the lawmakers there that this strange sport is infact cruel and should be stopped. The measure banning dwarf-tossing was passed with a wide margin, and dwarf-tossing was outlawed in both Florida and New York."

Dwarf tossing is dehumanizing and an affront to human decency. It should therefore be banned.

http://docstore.ohchr.org...

http://twistededge.org...
Wylted

Con

Wylted forfeited this round.
kasmic

Pro

kasmic forfeited this round.
Wylted

Con

My opponent argues that banning dwarf tossing should be illegal because most little people are against it, but that misses the fact that many little people are for it, and would love to be tossed themselves. It's also a logical fallacy to say an argument is correct because most people are for it. We all know that public opinion can change in a whim. Whether something is right or wrong is independent of whether it is a popular ideal or not. It's also a bare assertion by my opponent who provided no polls at data to support his position. https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com...

My opponent argues that it is an affront to the dignity of little people to be tossed, but the little people being tossed, don't mind, and in fact many love it. I could argue that stripping, getting a tattoo, and listening to Nickelback is an affront to human dignity, but we don't ban things because of this. Liberty demands we give people the freedom to do things we disagree with as long as it hurts nobody.
kasmic

Pro

kasmic forfeited this round.
Wylted

Con

Pro dropped my arguments as well as my rebuttals. Vote con. Vote me
kasmic

Pro

I missed the window of time to respond, 12 hours to respond is tough to work with. sorry wylted for waisting you time.
Posted by kasmic 2 years ago
kasmic
I agree, though for the purpose of debate thought I would take the other side. I wanted to draw a connection to prostitution lol... how dwarfs are forced into that line of work due to poverty haha. But alas...
Posted by Wylted 2 years ago
Wylted
I've been interested in it in a while, and seriously think that little people should have the right to decide what to do with their own bodies.
Posted by kasmic 2 years ago
kasmic
Even though It is not reflected in the debate, I know a lot more about this topic than I thought there was to know. What made you want to debate this topic?
Posted by Wylted 2 years ago
Wylted
How does my forfeit change the accuracy of that statement?
Posted by Lee001 2 years ago
Lee001
"Pro dropped my arguments as well as my rebuttals. Vote con. Vote me"
but yet Con FF in R3? XD
Posted by Wylted 2 years ago
Wylted
Lol
Posted by kasmic 2 years ago
kasmic
by the way " listening to Nickelback is an affront to human dignity" is probably the most true statement I have seen on this site.
Posted by kasmic 2 years ago
kasmic
meh, if I contended its new arguments in the last round. I do like the idea of doing shorter debates though.
Posted by Wylted 2 years ago
Wylted
You just laid down in that final round, I would've fought it, but thanks for the debate.
Posted by kasmic 2 years ago
kasmic
Dang it... man 12 hour rounds are tough haha