EMINEM is the best damn rapper alive....

i will argue why i feel that no one alive can touch the lyrical skill and genius of a white man (because blacks hate that point) eminem is the best at doing a BLACK man's job

if my opponent is willing?

I will be arguing that Deltron 3030 is a better rapper than Eminem. Therefore Eminem is NOT the best rapper alive.

Seems like a fun debate. Hope it goes well!

alright first I want to thank you for accepting this is my first official debate
(so please bare with me...)

I'm going to keep this short and sweet ... hip hop , whether we want to accept is or not , is DYING RAPIDLY. I'm pretty sure that we can barely think of any of any people who we can honestly say are keeping the decaying carcass that is hip hop alive. EMINEM is who I think is the only one left , lil wayne constantly raps about WOMEN, MONEY AND WEED. JAY-Z has lost his touch , and no one gives a CRAP about WIZ.

And I won't get into this other MESS I hear every day of the week .... before EMINEM , rap was personal, lyrics came from the heart and rarely talked about how much money you made , or how many WOMEN you HAD SEX WITH ... people say EMINEM is the closest thing to 2pac on this planet (ooh how true that is!!!) EMINEM's words may be harsh and violent for some ears ... but they ARE REAL !!!

look at hip hop now ...

corny dances
repetitive lyrics
made up stories
made up characters
and people who only do it for money!!

Deltron 3030 is an alternative hip hop group composed of producer, Dan the Automator, rapper Del the Funky Homosapien, and DJ Kid Koala. Their work features many other artists as well, all taking on various futuristic pseudonyms.

The group's debut album Deltron 3030, released on May 23, 2000, is a concept album set in the year 3030 that tells of the fight by Deltron Zero (Del's alter ego) against huge corporations that rule the universe. The lyrics were written in less than two weeks and are characterized by extravagant allusions to futuristic outer-space themes. Following the release of the album, all three members worked on the Gorillaz' self-titled debut album.

Del the Funky Homosapien

Del is the cousin of west coast rapper, Ice Cube. Del began his career writing lyrics for Ice Cube's band, "Da Lench Mob." In 1991, with the help of Ice Cube, Del released his first solo album, "I Wish My Brother George Was Here," at the age of 18. The album was a commercial success largely due to the popularity of the hit single, "Mistadobalina." Del, who was not pleased with the limited musical range of the album, severed his production-artist relationship with Ice Cube for his next album, "No Need for Alarm." "No Need for Alarm" helped to expose both the regional Oakland sound of hip hop, as well as the freestyle based, "golden era-97" style of hip hop being expanded at the time. "Future Development" became available in 1998.

Two years later, Del released his fourth solo album, "Both Sides of the Brain," as well as "Deltron 3030" which was a collaborative work with artists Dan "the Automator" Nakamura and Kid Koala. Exposure from the 3030 project helped to expand Del's fan base—the 3030 project worked well as a marketing move because the CD capitalized on the growing interest of computer technology, incorporating motifs of science fiction, telling stories about life and hip hop based in the year 3030, and infusing much of the popular internet terminology and culture in circulation at the time.

On March 31, 2009 Del's next album "Funk Man" was made available for free download on the internet. In September of the same year, he released a new album, "Automatik Statik," for an unfixed rate with a minimum of $3.
Del released his next album "It Ain't Illegal Yet" on August 6, 2010. There is no fixed price for the album, allowing listeners to pay whatever they wish for the album. Del released his latest album "Golden Era" on April 19, 2011.

My Argument
Del the Funky Homosapien is a better rapper than Eminem for multiple reasons.

1.) His lyrics are incredibly intellectual and they flow smoothly. The lyrics are mostly technologic and scientific terms. This type of rapping is very unique and Del is the only man who brings this to the table.

2.) As stated above in my information on Del, three of his albums were either free or at an unfixed rate. If Del were in it for the money he wouldn't be giving away his music for free. This man is in the hip hop business for the pure enjoyment and to create a fictional hip hop universe that has never been seen before.

3.) If you listen to the music Del releases you rarely hear harsh language. Of course, I'm not denying the use of harsh language, but compared to Eminem, Del's raps are cleaner and more developed.

Compare Eminem's raps to the masterfully thought out and mind blowing sounds of Deltron 3030 and you will see that Del the Funky Homosapien has greater skill and talent than Eminem.

Eminem's popularity brought his group project, D12, to mainstream recognition. As well as being a member of D12, Eminem is also one half of the Detroit hip hop duo Bad Meets Evil, with Royce da 5'9". Eminem is one of the best-selling artists in the world and is the best selling artist of the 2000s. He has been listed and ranked as one of the greatest artists of all time by many magazines including the Rolling Stone magazine which has ranked him 82nd on its list of The 100 Greatest Artists of All Time. The same magazine has declared him The King of Hip Hop. Including his work with D12 and Bad Meets Evil, Eminem has achieved ten number one albums on the Billboard 200. He has also sold more than 33 million track downloads and 39.6 million albums in the United States alone.

In 1995, Marshall recorded his first album titled Infinite, which only sold about 1000 copies . Eminem quickly gained popularity in 1999 with his major-label debut album, The Slim Shady LP. That first album, The Marshall Mathers LP and his third major album, The Eminem Show, all won Grammy Awards, making Eminem the first artist to win Best Rap Album for three consecutive LPs. The Marshall Mathers LP is also considered one of Eminem's best and most successful albums. Eminem then went on hiatus after touring in 2005. He released his first album since 2004's Encore, titled Relapse, on May 15, 2009. In 2010, Eminem released his seventh studio album Recovery, which was an international success. Recovery was also named the best selling album worldwide of 2010 joining The Eminem Show, which was the best seller of 2002. Eminem won Grammy Awards for both Relapse and Recovery, giving him a total of 13 Grammys in his career. Eminem has named Masta Ace, Big Daddy Kane, Newcleus, the Beastie Boys, Dr. Dre, Tupac Shakur, AZ, Nas, and Ice-T amongst others as his influences.

1) Em' has a way with words, he is the best at playing with words within verses , for example ....

Wont back down - feat P!NK
"What's the saying? Where there's thunder there's lightning
And they say that it never strikes twice
In the same place so how the f**k have I
Been hit 6 times in 3 different locations on 4 separate occasions"

In this verse ,"Where there's thunder there's lightning" is not a very popular saying, but it resembles "where there's smoke there's fire", by which Eminem means "you know I'm the best rapper because I've sold the most records" Continuing with the sayings, "lightening never strikes twice" means "you might get lucky once, but don't count on luck!"Eminem has been struck — not only twice — but 6 times! (meaning 6 of his albums have gone platinum) What Em means by 3 locations and 4 occasions seems to be the 3 different locations for record releases — the U.S., Europe, and the U.K. and his 4 albums that have received Grammy awards: Slim Shady LP, Marshall Mathers LP, The Eminem Show and Relapse.

2) Em' is NOT a product of system.

What do i mean you ask? ... Easy , what you hear from his mouth is 100% his ! He writes his material , not the record company or "ghostwriters"(something alot of rappers are starting to do). Nor does he give a crap about who or what he hurts
Em' never forgets where he came from.

3) (And this is the point i love the most) Slim silences critics and BEEFS

Eminem has spoken openly about his addiction to prescription drugs, including Vicodin, Ambien, Valium and Methadone. His group-mate Proof from D12 stated that Mathers "sobered up" in 2002 from drug and alcohol dependence. However, he did turn to zolpidem (Ambien) sleeping pills for relief from sleeping troubles. This caused Mathers to cancel the European leg of the Anger Management Tour in August 2005 and eventually go into rehab for treatment for a "dependency on sleep medication". In a 2009 interview with British talk-show host Jonathan Ross, Mathers admitted that at the height of his addiction, he considered suicide, saying that, "I just wasn't taking care of myself, at times I wanted to just give it up." He also confirmed that he is now sober, commenting that, "[R]ap was my drug ... Then I had to resort to other things to make me feel that. Now rap's getting me high again." People constantly doubted that slim would even make it to where he was before his hiatus Not only did Eminem come back , but he came back and destroyed all who doubted him.

Furthermore , Em' is the king at ending careers when it comes down to beefs.
perfect examples...

i look forward to my opponent's closing arguements

My opponent states: "...before EMINEM , rap was personal, lyrics came from the heart and rarely talked about how much money you made , or how many WOMEN you HAD SEX WITH..." It sounds like he's saying that it all started after Eminem came onto the scene. The Pro also says that Eminem uses language that can be ..."harsh and violent for some ears...." I would rather listen to music that doesn't sound like a gutter mouth convention. Music doesn't need harsh language in order to be great! Take the music of Del the Funky Homosapien for example. Del's music, as I said before, uses little vulgarity. All his work is real and scientific. It has a educational sense to it.

The Pro also states multiple times that Eminem isn't about the money. How can this be so when he is popular only by becoming the first mainstream white rapper? According to my opponent, "Eminem's popularity brought his group project, D12, to mainstream recognition." If Eminem were in it for the hip hop and not the money why would he let 6 albums go platinum? Eminem is a huge symbol in rap today and he is making a ton of money. Believe it or not, he is in it for the money. Now, Del, on the other hand, gave out his albums for FREE. That shows true passion for hip hop music.

During the end of my opponent's argument in R3, he says that Eminem is the king at ending careers by having "beefs."
For all those who do not know what a "beef" is:

Beef: A hip hop feud, also known as a beef or a rivalry, is a controversy in which two or more rappers create a rivalry that is manifested by each slandering and confronting the other in a number of ways. [1]

Beefs are NOT good things. Beefs in the hip hop industry cause many problems and tension between rappers. People DIE from beefs. Take Biggie Smalls, Tupac, and Bugz (Member of D12) for example. They all died from having beefs. If Eminem is the king of beefs, then he is causing problems for the hip hop industry.

In conclusion, I restate my thoughts on why Del the Funky Homosapien is a better rapper than Eminem.

1.) Del isn't mainstream. He gave his albums away for free and at fixed rates! Money isn't a concern of his. He is in it for the music and for the fun!

2.) Del's lyrics are cleaner and more unique than Eminem's. His songs don't include "beefs" or any meaning of slander against anyone. His raps are all his work and he enjoys what he does.

3.) Del's music is all in all a better sounding form of music. His rhymes flow and his voice doesn't sound so angry and harsh. Overall his music is great to listen to!

I hope my opponent had as much fun as I did! I thank him for this debate!

Please vote fairly and accordingly! Thank you!
Posted by popculturepooka 5 years ago
"i will argue why i feel that no one alive can touch the lyrical skill and genius of a white man (because blacks hate that point) eminem is the best at doing a BLACK man's job"

LOL at eminem-stans.
Posted by Lickdafoot 5 years ago
cool debate :) i will vote on it later when i get back home!
Vote Placed by Man-is-good 5 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Con's arguments in the end managed to refute Pro's contentions on Eninem being the best rapper by demonstrating the superiority of his counter example.
Vote Placed by larztheloser 5 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Pro raised some valid points, some of which were rebutted by con. Con also raised a good counter-model, which was completely ignored by pro. Pro should have rebuttal, con should make sure he covers all of pro's points. Con did, however, make some attempt at engagement. Although it was much too late, it did give con control of the debate, edging him ahead of pro. 2:1 neg win.