16agerc
Prodigenius

EVERYONE takes life for granted, even religious people at some point in their life.

16agerc

16agerc

Pro

I bet everyone has taken life for granted at some point. Even as a kid you didnt understand what it ever meant to take life for granted but by the time I turned 12 at least, I had realized how lucky I was even if I wasn't as happy as the average person should.
Prodigenius

Con

The burden of proof is on you.
16agerc

Pro

I'm not saying that I don't. when I say everyone I mean myself as well. I have just learned to look at life a little closer, be lucky enough to be debating right now on the computer. be able to go home to a family after school. snack on whatever I want before bed. ok I admit, I dread school but when do I always think about those who would do anything for a proper education. When my parents are arguing I have the ability to go on a bike ride to escape it all. I hardly ever think about the advantage of having running water and indoor pluming.
Prodigenius

Con

It is now up to you to prove that everyone else also takes life for granted.
16agerc

Pro

It's seen in everyday life. Us humans complain. Now,unless someone has no roof over their head, no family, no food, then they are most likely not going to see the importance of what they already have. Maybe for example, a teenager wants to go out with friends and their parents wont let them. Then that teen will start calling their parents stupid, mean, saying they hate them. If they ever tell their parents that they want them to die or something, they will never know what they will lose until it's gone. Some more examples that may not be so important: access to internet, texting friends with the latest smart phone, stuff like that. There are so many people and kids my age that don't have those things, no friends, no parents, (or parents that actually care). And to even be alive we should all be grateful for everyday. There is so much more to be grateful for that we dont care to look over our shoulders once and think about what life would be like without it and those who have no choice but to live without those little details that we take advantage of. It's almost quite sad.
Prodigenius

Con

My opponent concedes that those born into poverty do not take life for granted and therefore has lost this debate.
Vote Placed by Ragnar 4 years ago
Ragnar
16agercProdigeniusTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct: Con built a straw man fallacy after pro could no longer reply, and demanded victory for it. Argument: Pro made a week case, and reached some level of BoP (unless we want to look at this by semantics). Con used a total of 42 words, and presented not one person who does not take life for granted (not even a hypothetical one!).
Vote Placed by xXCryptoXx 4 years ago
xXCryptoXx
16agercProdigeniusTied
Reasons for voting decision: Sorry, but really there's a shared BOP in this debate and at least Pro actually made some arguments.