Edlvsjd
KwLm

Earth, flat(pro) vs spherical(con)

KwLm has forfeited round #1.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

Edlvsjd

Pro

My opponent claims to have the end all reason for believing he is a monkey on the side of a spinning ball. He spends his days, like a few others here, trolling the religious forums with nuh-uhs, insults and the occasional know it all guffaws. I hope to set him free from his mindless belief system, having been whispered in his ear since he had any competent faculty of thinking, which he now defends and offends like any other religious person. To avoid semantics involved with the topic, and go over some differences in types of evidence we'll likely discuss, I'll offer some definitions.

earth:
noun
1.the plane(t) on which we live; the world

Flat:
For this word we use the general, overall version, specifically for this debate, not a ball that is 25,000 miles in circumference. We all know there are mountains and hills that are far from flat.

Spheroid:
Ball or spherically shaped, specifically for this debate, a ball this is 25,000 miles in circumference.

Empirical Data:
Empirical evidence is information acquired by observation or experimentation. This data is recorded and analyzed by scientists and is a central process as part of the scientific method.

Formal sciences are disciplines concerned with formal systems, such as logic, mathematics, statistics, theoretical computer science, information theory, game theory, systems theory, decision theory, and theoretical linguistics. These require no empirical data, and come secondary to such.

I would also like to point out the differences in subjective evidence and objective data:
http://www.asdatoz.com...

RULES

1. Burden of proof is shared, my opponent must provide conclusive, empirical, and subjective evidence for the two differences in our model, curvature, and axial rotation, and I must do the same for the opposing side of the dichotomy.
2. No semantics.
3. No ad hominem, my opponent seems to love insults, seeing as how I have a high tolerance for insults, Ad hominem is against the rules, meaning you can not use insult in or before an argument, or to replace an argument, once a rebuttal has been successful, some mud slinging should be in order and is allowed, if he chooses this, he should expect the same in return, all in good taste of course.

round structure:
round one should be either an acceptance only round, or con may state his opening arguments in this round, if he chooses the latter, he should forfeit the last round. round two should be used for opening arguments or, if my opponent opens first, my opening arguments, and his rebuttals to those arguments, and, if he chooses, more arguments, but no new arguments in round 3 if he opens first. the final round will be final rebuts and conclusions, unless he opens first, which he will forfeit by typing forfeit in that round.
Posted by KwLm 1 year ago
KwLm
It certainly doesn't mean the earth is flat, who is preventing you?, sure the weather is dangerous but there have been expeditions to both poles of the earth, http://listverse.com... , http://blog.quarkexpeditions.com....

So who is preventing access? The only thing that could prevent a person from going to the arctic or antarctic would the the funds needed so your point is pointless.

The earth is an uneven ball spinning around in space, get over it dude.
Posted by Edlvsjd 1 year ago
Edlvsjd
I just said anyone can see the flat earth, and prove it, CONCLUSIVELY. We are prevented from going to both the north pole, and the south "pole" or more accurately, the Antarctic circle, so asserting if there is an edge or not is not scientific, and I cannot make those claims, for they cannot be tested. Make no mistake though that doesn't mean the earth is a ball.
Posted by KwLm 1 year ago
KwLm
So by your own statement, you can't prove the earth is flat, as it jas an edge but no one can see, if no one can see it, video it or picture it how do you know it's flat or has an edge?
Posted by Edlvsjd 1 year ago
Edlvsjd
Everyone can see the flat earth, but no one is allowed to the outer edges of it.
Posted by KwLm 1 year ago
KwLm
I'll try to, when I have the time to spend on it properly, but that is quite a bold statement from somebody that is not sure if his flat earth has an edge or not.
Posted by Edlvsjd 1 year ago
Edlvsjd
Feel free to challenge, you can't win.
Posted by KwLm 1 year ago
KwLm
Most sincere apologies Edlvsjd, I didn't realize the short amount of time given after acceptance. My life got a bit busy the last week. Didn't have any time to allocate to our debate.
Posted by Edlvsjd 1 year ago
Edlvsjd
Agreed?
Posted by Edlvsjd 1 year ago
Edlvsjd
Just noticed a type, rule 1 should read:
1. Burden of proof is shared, my opponent must provide conclusive, empirical, and objective*...
Posted by Edlvsjd 1 year ago
Edlvsjd
We should debate pot after this. You know it cures cancer?